It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 6 schools experienced sudden mass outbreak of unkown illness in the last week

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
A few days ago this event caught my attention. 22 students suddenly fell violently ill at a football game. Even a firefighter sent to the scene suddenly fell ill. There was something about this event that didn't seem right to me. They are now saying it was carbon monoxide poisoning yet the HazMat team detected nothing strange in the air, and they were out on an open field with no covering. After a few hours of digging around, I found that at least 6 similar events have happened at different schools within the last week (actually one happened 10 days ago). Some of them were on the exact same day. The following map indicates where these events have taken place:

Barnett Stadium, Houston, Texas - 23 people ill - 4th Nov 2011

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Nearly two dozen people fell ill at a high school football game Friday night in southeast Houston.

All 22 Austin High School students who were taken to hospitals Friday had returned home and were recovering Saturday. No students were hospitalized overnight.

Officials said it happened just after halftime, shortly before 9pm. Part of the stadium had to be evacuated while a decontamination zone was set up for sick students.

Symptoms included nausea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, coughing and a scratchy throat.

One firefighter was also treated
, but was OK and we're told he drove some of the patients to the hospital.

On Saturday, the HazMat team again reported no readings on any monitors for any substance at the scene. Tests for chemicals in the air and on the students' band instruments also came back negative.

Nearly 2 dozen fall ill at HS football game at Barnett Stadium

St. John Central High School, Belmont County, Ohio - 14 people ill - 3rd Nov 2011

BELLAIRE, Ohio -- A principal and 13 students were treated at local hospitals after a becoming ill at a Belmont County high school.

Initially, officials thought the students became ill from a natural gas leak, but Columbia Gas workers said there were no signs of a leak. And as of 5 p.m., it was still unknown what made people at St. John Central High School sick.

Belmont County emergency dispatchers said they initially received reports that several people at the school were suffering from headaches, eye irritation, vomiting and nausea.

"Emergency responders immediately conducted tests and determined there were no elevated levels of natural gas or carbon monoxide in the structure Thursday," stated a news release from Pat DeFrancis, director of communications for the Diocese of Steubenville.

13 students taken to hospitals after becoming sick at St. John Central; cause unknown

Platte River Elementary School, Benzie County, Michigan - 100 people ill - 2nd Nov 2011

HONOR/BENZIE CO. -- A virus in a local school has infected more than a hundred students and health officials have been called in.

Dozens of students were out of class Thursday at Platte River Elementary School in Benzie County.

"Everybody had the same symptoms, it was a stomach virus, vomiting, and they were just feeling lousy," said Cook.

The school has 310 students. Wednesday, more than 100 missed school, and Thursday, 80 stayed home sick. Benzie-Leelanau County Health Department investigated the at-first mysterious illness, and officials say Norovirus is extremely contagious and can be spread by air, surface, food, and water.

The school sent home a health department letter tonight warning parents of the illness and encouraging parents to keep their sick children at home. It also encourages a stay away from school for 72 hours after they feel better. The entire school has been completely disinfected.

"It’s just so contagious even the best efforts sometimes don't cause positive results," said Crawford.

Illness sweeps through Benzie Co. school

Joy Elementary School, Sioux City, Iowa - 85 people ill - 2nd Nov 2011

SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KTIV) - More than 85 children at Joy Elementary in Sioux City were out sick Wednesday. Superintendent Paul Gausman says they aren't seeing this at other schools within the district.

He says they will be contacting all parents at the school to address the issue. Many students are experiencing flu like symptoms, but it's unclear what is causing them to be sick.

Gausman says they're disinfecting the building and watching the numbers closely.

School officials to address sick children issue at Joy Elementary

Gibbs High School, Knoxville, Tennessee - 3 people ill - 1st Nov 2011

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - Three ill students at Gibbs High School were taken to East Tennessee Children's Hospital Tuesday afternoon, according to Knox County school officials.

Spokeswoman Melissa Copelan says the district doesn't know what caused the students to become sick and doesn't have any information about their conditions.

Sick Knox County high school students taken to hospital

Alcott Elementary School, Hastings, Nebraska - 80 people ill - 28th Oct 2011

Cleaning crews spent part of the weekend cleaning a Hastings elementary school after more than 80 students came down with flu like symptoms on Friday.

A number of students called out sick. Does this mean the flu has hit the Tri-Cities?

Unofficially, experts think the students suffered from the Norovirus, otherwise known as the stomach flu rather than the influenza virus.
The Norovirus is highly contagious and given the close quarters in school, it did spread fast.

Crews clean school after dozens of students become sick

edit on 6-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: corrected the day of the Belmont County event

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I just made a post in another thread about how it seems that schools were at the center of this. I hope I am wrong but it looks like a attack on our schools is under way. We will have to keep a close eye on this.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
interesting post indeed. i do recall one of the incidents being on the news.and it stuck out to me for the reasson that i my self and wife have experienced it as well.bare in mind i am not in the usa.i can not help my self of thinking in fukushima when i hear things like this.i wonder if exposure to a concentrated draft of radio active particles could cause these events.i am just speculating.
edit on 6-11-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
A high school foot ball game is out side so carbon would not be the problem at leas not there..We here about this every year...It is the stomach flu..Its normal....Intestinal flu..They will all be ok

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is indeed an alarming development, and Im anxious to see what happens. I just don't see these as isolated cases. It would, however take some devious people to start targeting schools now. I pray for the safety of our kids and our country.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
A high school foot ball game is out side so carbon would not be the problem at leas not there..We here about this every year...It is the stomach flu..Its normal....Intestinal flu..They will all be ok

I was thinking it could just be a really bad flu, but I have never seen anything spread so fast. In some of the cases it seems like multiple people all got symptoms very fast at the same time. I'm leaning towards something unknown, but just a hunch, no facts to back it up.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I knew about the incident in Houston but didn't know about the others. I still have a hard time with the carbon dioxide diagnosis. Even the reporter on the news this morning said although they are blaming it on carbon monoxide, the source of the illness is still a mystery. If so, then why are they logging the carbon as the final diagnosis instead of 'unknown' and 'suspect' on the medical records. I intend to keep an eye on these incidents nationwide now. What still bothers me is the quickness of the attack in Houston. The firefighter that was helping the girl and within minutes of breathing air around her he fell sick.

link   
reply to post by eeks4

...It is the stomach flu..Its normal....Intestinal flu..They will all be ok
Some of the articles say it's a stomach flu (Norovirus), but don't you find it some what suspicious all the different explanations they are trying to offer (with the most absurd being carbon monoxide poising), but nearly all the articles say "we are still waiting for an official answer.". I have never heard of 100 students suddenly getting ill in the same day, have you? Why do you think they sterilized the entire school and called in HazMat teams in some cases if this was so normal eh?
edit on 6-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

link   
And they had tails like scorpions ,and there was stings in their tails and their power was to hurt men five months

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Does anyone think that this could be connected with the Canadian Measles outbreak? Minus the spots that people get with measles, a lot of the symptoms match up.

Quebec measles outbreak could spread, warns expert

Measles Symptoms

Early measles symptoms can include: High fever (up to 105°F or 40.6°C) Tiredness Muscle and body aches Irritability Red, watery eyes (pink eye) Swelling of the eyelids Hacking cough Runny nose.

I doubt it's connected just thought I would get this point out there to be discussed too.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4

Actually it sounds like a strep throat outbreak(you can have nausea and vomiting, and scratchy throats with strep, that happened with my son the first time he got strep.), a stomach flu out break, and the regular flu. What a way to scare people. Fear mongering at it's finest.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Sorry folks,virus and flu season starts in October.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Not enough information.
But if you think about it, - say, all the musical instruments coming from China these days - and what IS in that valve oil?

I wouldn't say "SCHOOLS" to start but look at age groups of kids too. Kids eat a lot of candy, chew a lot of gum, play video games in arcades. Did homeschool kids in the areas get sick too?

We've had a lot of sickness in our area coming from the schools too - starts with stomach and GI symptoms and h/a then goes to a respiratory illness sorta like the flu but not that severe and it lasts and lasts. Nothing really sudden, but it seems to spread quickly. We were all fine here until my public school nephew came over sick. Next day my son and hubby were getting it. (Not me, I don't get sick ever.)

ETA We had not been out of the house in over a week - Pretty sure it came from my nephew and had a very short incubation period.
edit on 6-11-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Haha, I wonder if all of those people have been recently vaccinated?

Just a thought. Pretty freaky situation.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP
Haha, I wonder if all of those people have been recently vaccinated?

Just a thought. Pretty freaky situation.

That is always one of my first assumptions when these outbreaks occur.

I rarely hear of people who avoid vaccinations getting sick. Funny how that works eh?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It's a global phenomenon I've been tracking for the last six or seven months or so.

Just google "mass food poisoning" with different time frame parameters from 24 hours to a year.

I'm not sure if it is a GMO food effect, economics (cutting back in the thermostat and allowing bacteria to breed, cutting food products with junk to increase profits, like the Chinese did/do), or a new unidentified virus, but it is definitely on the increase.

Could be all the above, hard to say at this point but something's amiss with the world's food supply.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Could be all the above, hard to say at this point but something's amiss with the world's food supply.
Food poising has been completely ruled out in 90% of these cases. It's something else, something highly contagious.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

You only get vaccinated against the flu, not the thousands of viruses and colds going around.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
curious that Oklahoma just had its largest ever recorded earthquake: 5.6.

notice that Oklahoma lies in the aprox center of your distrobution.

i'd say deep earth gas venting as it shakes and rumbles.
lots an lots of nasty gases down there....

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sounds like an Federal Govt experiment to me!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join