It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out Of Body Experience - Fear of leaving body.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I can relate, I have been trying to oobe for maybe 15 years now when I first read about the concept. Although I have had some experiences I'm just not ready. My approach is that I don't leave my body but I have a remote controlled energy device much like a robot with camera and microphone and my spiritual body is looking at a monitor. The "HQ" is something only accessible by me. It sends images and sometimes sound back to me but I feel most comfortable with just images. 'Movies' have happened also but never longer than 15 seconds as that is about when I get too excited either positively or negatively. I used to have an antenna for receiving the more subtle energies but that can became confusing. If I meet anything I usually just like to use a monitor with text or symbols instead of hearing myself.

Whenever I have had a 'session' I get new information, new ideas about how it all works and the more I learn the less fear I have. Sort of like becoming used to the bizarre, which makes it less bizarre.

It works for me as I can see what's happening and remember it afterwards but I don't have to leave the safety of my body. There's no worry of invading some beings world on accident, it's a difference having your recon robot thrown out or your spiritual body get blown up and/or getting captured, it's also more polite as in some cases astral travelling can be seen as stepping into other people's property without an invitation which is what a lot of beginners do.

I have more than average knowledge of technology, not expert level yet but I believe some understanding of camera's and computers is necessary if only for the trust factor. It also helps creating a model which can be remembered for grounding after sessions. I built it over 2 years, it became more and more complex as I went with it. I can just deactivate it at will and leave the thing where ever I want and create a new one. In some cases older robots get activated by the 'other side' which I usually allow because of curiosity, I always recognize the place and when I was there when it happens. Sometimes it can be disturbing when I'm at work, which can also be hilarious at the same time when something says hello and I think of how others around me have no idea about my strange 'hobby' or what just said hello in what way. It's funny to think of my initial reactions to such messages, at first I thought of things like having to worship, going into a monastery, it was pretty overwhelming. But now it's much more like receiving a text message by phone from an acquaintance.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pointofview
Hypothetically speaking, if you know that you can self- induce it, but get overwhelmed by fear - just as you are to leave your body: how does one gather courage to "go all the way" ?

edit on 5/11/11 by Pointofview because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/11/11 by Pointofview because: (no reason given)

You just have to bite your lip and go for it - like doing your first bungee jump

Seriously, the only scarey part is sometimes some strange noises as you exit, and that's over in a few seconds. Once you're out, it's a breeze....

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pointofview
Hypothetically speaking, if you know that you can self- induce it, but get overwhelmed by fear - just as you are to leave your body: how does one gather courage to "go all the way" ?

i was taught that one must visualize the 'silver cord'

that life line/ umbelicle cord will 'ground' oneself to the life reality one is living...

trancing out then...is very easy...because in your carnal mind- you are connected to your astral body

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Maybe you just need time. If you aren't ready there is no shame in waiting.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Seriously, the only scarey part is sometimes some strange noises as you exit, and that's over in a few seconds. Once you're out, it's a breeze....

Oh, I've heard that noise.. Sometimes I have it when waking up too. It's like loud rumbling.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join