It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
______________________________________________________________________________________

Debt is matter without matter.
Debt is imaginary, and yet, it affects our daily lives.
Debt cannot be felt, and yet it caused the deaths of something close to 50 billion people since it's inception.
Debt lasts forever, and cannot disappear. It can only reappear under someone elses name.

Do I sound Like I am kidding?
Do I sound like a joker?
Look in your kitchen.
The food in that kitchen was purchased by Debt.
The paper in your pocket? Debt.
The reason you cannot get the medication you need? Debt.
Why are we fighting other countri- Debt.
Why don't we use the oil in- Debt.
Why did we kil-
Debt.
Debt.
Debt.
Debt.
Everything in this world revolves around how much you owe the guy next to you.
I am only alive because I accumulated the debt necessary to stay alive.
Out there, there is someone who owes me.
Out there, one of you owe me.
And I owe one of you.
We have driven to the point where we pay to owe someone.
If I gave you 500 dollars you now owe'd me whatever was worth 500 dollars.
But what if we owe someone else so much that that 500 dollars was beyond worthless?
That's debt. You don't owe me squat. Because I owe the bank. You owe the bank.
We all owe the bank. Even if I was to pay back my 500 dollars, Another person would owe the bank.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

To me, this crisis that were in right now, has only one solution. And the only solution I see involves death. I am scared. Not scared that I won't get blah for Christmas or be able to put blah on my car, or tell my girl blah. No, I'm scared that before the Occupy protests are done, we will either all be squirming around in debt while Occupy Wall Street has corrupted itself, or hundreds of thousands will be dead.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

______________________________________________________________________________________

Debt is matter without matter.
Debt is imaginary, and yet, it affects our daily lives.
Debt cannot be felt, and yet it caused the deaths of something close to 50 billion people since it's inception.
Debt lasts forever, and cannot disappear. It can only reappear under someone elses name.

Do I sound Like I am kidding?
Do I sound like a joker?
Look in your kitchen.
The food in that kitchen was purchased by Debt.
The paper in your pocket? Debt.
The reason you cannot get the medication you need? Debt.
Why are we fighting other countri- Debt.
Why don't we use the oil in- Debt.
Why did we kil-
Debt.
Debt.
Debt.
Debt.
Everything in this world revolves around how much you owe the guy next to you.
I am only alive because I accumulated the debt necessary to stay alive.
Out there, there is someone who owes me.
Out there, one of you owe me.
And I owe one of you.
We have driven to the point where we pay to owe someone.
If I gave you 500 dollars you now owe'd me whatever was worth 500 dollars.
But what if we owe someone else so much that that 500 dollars was beyond worthless?
That's debt. You don't owe me squat. Because I owe the bank. You owe the bank.
We all owe the bank. Even if I was to pay back my 500 dollars, Another person would owe the bank.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

To me, this crisis that were in right now, has only one solution. And the only solution I see involves death. I am scared. Not scared that I won't get blah for Christmas or be able to put blah on my car, or tell my girl blah. No, I'm scared that before the Occupy protests are done, we will either all be squirming around in debt while Occupy Wall Street has corrupted itself, or hundreds of thousands will be dead.

Find the group that is pushing to increase debt.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Eventually the moneymen and leaders of nations will admit that debt does not exist. It is fabricated. Once we lose many lives in wars fought over debt, they will realize "Hey, would could just forgive all the debt" and move forward with a clean slate.

If death is the only way to come free from the debt....so be it. It's much better on the other side.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Find the group that is pushing to increase debt.

its you, your neighbour, your government, its all about the way you spend money.

why wait till i have the money to buy a new Flatscreen-TV ? oh wait, i can buy it on credit.
this is a spiral and we are the nation who is best in juggling around with money.

why not just wail till you actually HAVE the money to spend ?
because its a a lazy way living getting all you want right now, right here.

I have learned, if i don't have the money, buying on credit is nonsense cause you actually pay a higher price for the sake of having it right now.
WHY should i do ?

i don't need to, so i safe money and wait .. maybe weeks, month, years ..
i have a regular income and i NEVER buy on credit ..even if i have to walk instead of driving

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TMJ1972

That is my current lifestyle. I buy only what I can pay cash for. I consider every purchase. I work only as much I need to. Why spend my life for useless crap that will be obsolete in 2 years? I can't get that time back. What is important? What is really precious? Whatever that answer is for you, that is what you should spend the very few minutes and hours we get on. We cannot beg, borrow, or steal more hours of life. So how much are those very few hours of life worth? $10 an hour? $20? Would you give $1000 for an extra hour to say goodbye to your children before they die in that car accident? What is of real value? It isn't stuff, that is for sure.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by TMJ1972

That is my current lifestyle. I buy only what I can pay cash for. I consider every purchase. I work only as much I need to. Why spend my life for useless crap that will be obsolete in 2 years? I can't get that time back. What is important? What is really precious? Whatever that answer is for you, that is what you should spend the very few minutes and hours we get on. We cannot beg, borrow, or steal more hours of life. So how much are those very few hours of life worth? $10 an hour? $20? Would you give $1000 for an extra hour to say goodbye to your children before they die in that car accident? What is of real value? It isn't stuff, that is for sure.

You're bang on, bub. We all at one time or another in our lives get caught up in the rush to get more stuff, better stuff, bigger stuff, shinier stuff and in so doing we all forget that there's one thing in life you'll never ever see . . . a luggage rack on a hearse.

new topics

top topics

join