It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sprouts. Cheap, easy and nutritious.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jewells

Not to sound like a creep, but if you're a female, and are good looking, your chances are better than the average survival-minded female, IMO.

You just gotta be manipulative, and flaunt your goods a bit.

Again, realize I sound like a creep...but I think in SHTF scenario, the reasoning may be sound.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jewells

Not to worry. I get a feeling you aren't the only one that read the title and said yuck. Probably not the best idea for a thread title, with the reputation of brussel sprouts and all.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thought I'd give this thread a shameless bump.

I think the information is useful and interesting for our members here.

Also, I'm in the process of sprouting some mung beans for some chinese food (also a new possible hobby, depending on my aptitude. I haven't actually put anything in the wok yet.....) They were 4 bucks for a huge bag and started sprouting during their first soak. I am kinda psyched up about it

Any experienced members please feel free to post recipes or any other info that would be helpful.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Just to let everyone know, the mung beans sprouted really well.

They taste like fresh peas and are crunchy.

They were dirt cheap from my local chinese grocer.

I wound up making spring rolls with them. They were pretty good for my first time. We had lots of chinese dishes this weekend ....
....and I have found a new hobby! I'll still be sprouting in the mean time, I think they will be really healthy steamed with some rice and protein.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Look at your local wildlife resource books too.

For example, there are 13 kids of wild grass in my region. The new shoots or sprouts will sustain the average human by themselves.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Look at your local wildlife resource books too.

For example, there are 13 kids of wild grass in my region. The new shoots or sprouts will sustain the average human by themselves.

Excellent addition. The whole point of this thread and any other survival food threads is to give people options. There are plenty of wild foods in all areas if you know where to look and what to look for. Sprouting is viable because you can grow nutritious greens in the house, no matter what the weather. No need to go into the bean stash though, you can collect seeds from the wild and sprout them.

One example of sprouts one wouldn't think of is sunflower seeds, thay can also be grown into greens. Delicious and packed with nutrients. I wonder what other things can be sprouted from wild seeds? Perhaps dandelions?
I'll have to look into that. Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Great thread. I must learn how to do this.

grow sprouts on your boat article link here

Going to buy some seeds today and give it a try.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join