It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists prefer artifacts to radio for alien contact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

LONDON - Writing, rather than phoning, is probably the best way to contact extraterrestrials, American scientists said Wednesday.

So instead of phoning home, it could have been more energy efficient if E.T. had inscribed information and physically sent it, because radio waves disperse as they travel.

�Think of a flashlight beam,� Professor Christopher Rose of Rutgers University, who reported his finding in Thursday's issue of the journal Nature, explained in a written statement. �Its intensity decreases as it gets farther from its source. The same is true of the beam of a laser pointer, though the distance is much longer.�

www.msnbc.msn.com...

This was a pretty interesting article. Is it me, or does it seem that bit by bit, the mainstream scientific community are starting to make alien related statements and put alien related studies in the media more and more? Just makes you wonder why? Are they trying to slowly ease ther way into the mainstream because the truly know something but have to put it out there slowly over time? I hope these things that are being said and done are not isolated incidents, but are going to be more and more accepted as time goes on.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Are they trying to slowly ease ther way into the mainstream because the truly know something but have to put it out there slowly over time?

I'm a scientist and have worked for NASA. I don't know anything more than the rest of you. If anything, its more socially acceptable to contemplate ET life, so the curious, scientist, are asking and pondering more openly. It cracks me up when "scientist" are part of some massive conspiracy. We are just like everyone else, except instead of doing accounting or engineerings, we research.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest

Originally posted by mpeake
Are they trying to slowly ease ther way into the mainstream because the truly know something but have to put it out there slowly over time?

I'm a scientist and have worked for NASA. I don't know anything more than the rest of you. If anything, its more socially acceptable to contemplate ET life, so the curious, scientist, are asking and pondering more openly. It cracks me up when "scientist" are part of some massive conspiracy. We are just like everyone else, except instead of doing accounting or engineerings, we research.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off that way. I wasn't implying that the "scientific" community was a part of some conspiracy. Just that perhaps the more the brave ones come out about it, the more other people who actually do some research will find stuff that change their beleifs.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Meet at a half-way point.

They need a probe equipped with a very powerful transceiver.

The universe is spinning and moving outward.

The length of the universe is twice the distance from the middle to the end.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hi to all of you. Hi QUEST.
Say me in what kind of scentism you work before and I will sat :
WHO ARE YOU

regards chapo

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It's probably what the pyramids are, they are supposed to point to a very specific area of the sky, Orion, and I believe there are aspects of their construction that are even more specific, down to a star.

The answer is probably staring us in the face all the time, it's just too obvious and fantastic to be believable. I reckon one day a lot of people are going to be kicking themselves.

new topics

top topics

join