It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless peoples are the most prepare when the SHTF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Being homeless can take an enormous amount of courage and heart
surviving 360 day a yrs in the street will build you up to be VERY ressourcefull
We have to respect them .. Soon we will ask them the same respect

Much people are living and depending on ressources that others have
that we need to buy .. working like slaves and robots
make us less selfsufficiant then them and less ressourcefull

a homeless guy now have better chances
of surviving a disaster zone then most people do

They are not complicated when comes the time to eat something disgusting for us
Not complicated to choose a place to sleep (dirty places)
Not complicated taking risk to stay alive at all cost

They dont need preparations and reserves like most of us do
of fresh food and fresh bottles of water
they constantly improvise and looking for food or things they can troc
living day by day .. since they cant afford to make reserves for even more then a week

for now we look at them like insects living in the streets dispising them
soon we will look at them like mentors / helpers / elders

Im sure they will always be one ready to help us
the people who have dispise them in the past
they will certainly give us some good advices to stay alive in a ruff time
when the SHTF

Stay safe and be always prepare for the worst
the most important part to stay alive will be to drink and eat

I strongly suggest to everyone here
to watch the entire list of episodes of Bizzare food like i did

One exemple:

eating insects will be essential for the proteines
and we all need to be prepare our stomach for this new food

edit on 10/31/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
surviving 360 day a yrs in the street will build you up to be VERY ressourcefull

Or it takes a whole bunch a laziness and depending on others(ie soup kitchens). I doubt that these homeless are more prepared then rich people who have a whole stock pile of food and weapons. There wont be anyone to give them change with shtf.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by iRunNaked

Or it takes a whole bunch a laziness and depending on others(ie soup kitchens). I doubt that these homeless are more prepared then rich people who have a whole stock pile of food and weapons. There wont be anyone to give them change with shtf.

Lazy not working like slave and robots .. yes
for myself .. i wouldnt be able to live in the street just now

There is some very lazy one indeed but others have became extremely ressourcefull
not to underestimate

Some of them will help others like us to survive in a SHTF world

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by iRunNaked

Lazy not working like slave and robots .. yes
for myself .. i wouldnt be able to live in the street just now

There is some very lazy one indeed but others have became extremely ressourcefull
not to underestimate

Some of them will help others like us to survive in a SHTF world

except that you are missing the whole point that its their getting handouts that is allowing them to survive......

There will be no handouts when SHTF people will fight to the death for what they have

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ridiculous precept.

The homeless can only survive because an entire civilization exists to support them. Not making a value judgment, since homeless people are in that state for any number of reasons: immigrants, runaways, drug addicts, mentally ill, wanted criminals, bankrupted, etc.

But without

a) a surplus of goods in the host society
b) a corps of volunteers with the leisure time to organize and minister to the homeless
c) a corps of volunteers with the philanthropic motivation to provide for others regardless of the target's merit
d) a larger base of donors to food-pantries, night-shelters, and organizations

the homeless would disappear overnight. Either by forcing themselves to assimilate in to the dominant culture, being forcefully assimilated, or simply by being "disappeared"

Life's hard. And hardest on the weakest.

One more reason why a civilization-ending event will not be the romantic comedy that many ATSers imagine.

edit on 31-10-2011 by tovenar because: I said so

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

In a shtf event, survival will depend on who is the best armed, organized, mobile and ruthless.

This points to outlaw biker gangs, and other criminal elements of psycho/sociopaths currently now incarcerated. When the prisons are opened expect some very pissed off men to be seeking revenge. If you aren't one of these groups;
you are in the classification of "Prey" so you better "Pray" that a shtf event never happens.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Ben81

In a shtf event, survival will depend on who is the best armed, organized, mobile and ruthless. This points to outlaw biker gangs, and other criminal elements of psycho/sociopaths currently now incarcerated.

You certainly have a point. Yet in a true organizational collapse, the opposite frequently happens: the angry villagers, under a new "strong leader" go through and depopulate the prisons in a fell swoop. Without the defense lawyers who protect them and care for them, mob rule makes quick work of the pirates. That's why they have to retreat to some hell-hole for protection. Like the Islands of Tortuga or Galveston.

Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Hitler. Revolutions from the French to the Iranian show this trait.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

What's the date for SHTF? Ive been hearing it since I was 5. I'm now 25 so if someone can elborate to me I'd be very grateful. One more thing I'd like to add. A lot of homeless are not resourceful. I live in Philly and constantly see the same people day in and day out. Most of these guys and gals are drug users. I'd rather have military people with me if SHTF.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
A guy I had known for 48 years lived from 1983 until last Tuesday without running water and a great deal of the time electricity or phone, he always had money for beer though and had close to $9,000 stashed away at the time of his death... I think the Roger Miller song "King of the Road" pretty much describes the life style of a lot of people that are resourceful enough to live on the streets or in wooded areas in cardboard huts... Most of the ones that I have had any dealings with have mental health issues and are not capable of holding a job or have relationships with mainstream people that live under the threat of the boss man's whip... I know that it wasn't until the first Republican since the Reconstruction Era after the Civil War was elected governor of Texas and the state psychiatric hospitals were required to release thousands of mentally ill people onto the streets followed by Reagan being elected to office, there were no homeless people living on the streets of Dallas.. Before sunrise they were up and moving, looking for cigarette butts and scraps of food... The VA hospitals have a jump in patients checking in during periods of extreme hot or cold weather and a great deal of them are people that are without an address.. These people aren't a lot different than coyotes, wild hogs, bobcats or raccoon that live along wooded creek beds that run through the neighborhoods and outskirts of large cities... I know that the smart wealthy people have had food stashes and nice weapons for a very long time but I don't think it is because of fear of the street people but of people like themselves that feel like they deserve more than what others have and are willing to kill in order to always have it that way.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
the best prepared person is the one who has control of mind.

It doesnt matter if youre homeless or not. if you get absorbed with fear & excitement youre just as easily succeptible to go down in a first wave scenario.

everyone is homeless from a certain point of view. Home is where the heart is - INSIDE YOU

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Homeless people are dependent on everyone for everything. Food, temporary shelter and supplies. They are dependent on donations and have zero resources to plan anything. Not to mention that often their health is compromised by living a hard life, drugs, disease, co-occurring disorders etc etc. The weakest link will be the first to disappear. Those that have learned a lifetime of dependency to survive will most likely perish.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I think the homeless will be better mentally prepared to handle any catastrophe.
But if tshtf for everyone, you have to remember that resources may become thin.
Taco bell will not have as much to throw away and that homeless person will have much more competition for his dumpster.
But yes, everyday they live what would be others worst nightmare.

top topics

join