It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mangyongdae Fun Fair - Pyongyang, North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I wanted to post this for you to see because quite frankly i was pretty surprised when i found out north korea had their own theme park with roller coaster included, their roller coaster even goes upside down!
We all hear about how closed and poor north korea is, most of the people starving and only the very privileged being allowed vehicles and other luxries we take for granted.

Not quite Disney Land or Alton Towers but they do have one

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Gah!

It reminds me of Russia, but worse.
Was the looping-ride really without the safety belts locked?

Personally, I like it when it is a bit dangerous. It adds to the thrill when there is real danger involved

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

There is this guy in National Geographic channel who goes to dangerous places around the world. The title of his show is "Don't Tell My Mom". He also went to North Korea and they also showed this mini theme park that they have. There are very few cars in North Korea, btw.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I swear... North Korea is like a nation-sized time capsule. In a way, it has some similarities to Cuba in the sense that footage of everyday life looks like something from 1950's American television.

I feel NK will be full of surprises when it finally becomes part of the world.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Yea and the only people who are at that fair are families of government officials and whatnot.
It's a privilege to live in pyongyang, otherwise you either live in a death camp, or are starving and living in total fear.

new topics

top topics

join