It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminals' benefits set to be hit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This sends the message loud and clear (in the UK at least). If you're on benefits, don't even think about protesting or we'll take your money off you.
Sorry, did I say protest? I meant riot...

Benefit claimants who break the law will be stripped of up to five times as much state cash per week in fines in a clampdown ordered by David Cameron in the wake of the summer's riots. Courts will be given the right to demand payments of £25 per week instead of the present £5 maximum to show offenders they cannot get away with paying "the bare minimum", the Prime Minister said. Of the 1,350 people hauled before the courts for their part in the disorder that hit the streets of England in August, 40% were claiming a state benefit of some kind, official figures show.

They've got you by the short and curlies...

Criminals' benefits set to be hit

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

Protestors aren't criminals. They're just going to remove your fine money from your welfare. Sounds about fair.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

This from politicians that have been found to be fiddling expenses and are let off with no punishment at all.

But you are correct another open ended rule that feeds on the publics sense of fair play that will result in no fair play at all

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

A protestor can become a rioter very quickly, depending on circumstance and depending on legal terminology....
How many Occupy (insert park here) protestors are on welfare?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
considering politicians are the ultimate welfare recipients, it's ironic to say the least. the government pays their salaries, provides them healthcare and gives them transportation.

sounds like welfare to me. maybe politicians are jealous because they have to earn their welfare, and claimants don't.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

When did politicians earn their benifit money? They have not done the jobs they were lected to do in my life time.

They are too busy sucking up to the likes of Murdock and sacrificing all others for the sake of their careers.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Well, if the prevailing stereotype is true and they're mostly stupid college kids, then probably not a lot. It's almost impossible to get foodstamps if you're in college or don't have kids. At least it is in my state. And even if you have kids, it's usually still like pulling teeth.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
These are my cunning observations.

1. The riots were just an excuse to introduce these fines or such fines would have been introduced years ago. I saw this coming when the riots began. I swear down I could run this country better then most of them but then again I'm too smart and so I don't.

2. The Government needs all the cash it can aquire by any means necessary because the U.K. has been bankrupt for a very long time. Countries have been business entities since governments have been created. The world IS a business and EVERYTHING in this world is tagged as a commodity, even unto humans.

3. How will this effect criminal. I will write it again, criminals. Those people who run drugs, weapons and prostituion and earn quite a few grand a week from such enterprises. Even the low level criminals earn a few hundred or so a week from begging and pretending to be homeless. And I know of some nutcases who would stop at stabbing people cause they are quite psychotic (from drink and drugs) and have done previous time served in various prisons and it does not deter them from law breaking.

4. This is yet another attempt to look strong and in control, early before elections. Despite the fact that veterans of ATS know with uncanny senses that governments as they are today are not working because the people who make up the government do not know what they are doing, never have, (Lets just forget all about the past government scandels and the present scandels and pretend they never happened. And that future scandel you think you see on the horizion is just a mirage.) it just gets made up la de da as they go along.

5. If you are reading this then you are a criminal. Think about that one. Oh okay I give you a little clue and you can work your way from there. If ever in your life you have lied for any reason the law has been broken and from that moment you are and always will be a criminal. But thats ok cause so am I.

6. Oh and some security park ranger dragged and pushed me out of the park this morning because he THOUGHT he saw me up to no good. There was a cctv very close by which would have recorded my actions. He told me I would be arrested if I was to return. He did not even check the cctv footge to make sure he was correct in his assumption. He's a criminal now. I kept silent of course because he too is a victim though he may not know it.

7. Thankyou for reading and goodnight/morning/noon where ever you may be.

top topics

join