It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy: Internet Data Transfer Caps Are Less Than 5% of bandwidth!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

In regards to the business account...

That's a really great idea. Typically a business account gets priority on installation and support. Also, its like 50 bucks a month for a business DSL account.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShedAlert
I don't think they mean you can download 24/7, there's fair usage terms in everything such as internet/mobile usage. I don't think what you're getting is a bad deal. I get 20gb a month and it does me well, and I can go over as they are pretty flexible. First world problems eh?

I do get what you mean though.

The point of broadband is to be able to stream things like for example tv, which would go over limits even with "normal" usage.

And there are actually isps that give you no limits, like the adsl2+ line i have.

It sounds like the isps you got over there are ripping you off.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have the cheapest plan with my isp which caps bandwidth at 60 GB a month, however they don't limit my speed when I go over, they just charge extra per gigabyte but only upto a max of 50 bucks. With this is mind I go over my cap every month about 300 GB per month, but because they charge only a max overage charge it actually works out cheaper than a higher tier plan.

They always call and try and get me to upgrade but I just say I'm not intetested in paying more.

Make sure u think of this when signing up with an ISP

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Establishing a data usage cap to prevent degradation of other users' service is like saying that a particular stretch of road has too much traffic, so we're passing a law that nobody is allowed to drive more than 1000 miles per month or their license will be revoked.

It doesn't do anything to address the problem of congestion during rush hours, etc since "most people" don't drive more than 1000 miles per month, but the handful of drivers that have to reduce their driving because they are in danger of having their licenses revoked is going to make a negligible difference in the overall amount of traffic during rush hour.

Meanwhile, those same drivers aren't allowed to drive in the middle of the night when the road is completely empty and their driving would affect nobody. The road has already been built, and in the case of the cable "road" it costs the same amount to maintain it whether anyone uses it or not -- so there's no legitimate reason to stop people from using it in ways that don't affect anybody else.
edit on 31-10-2011 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join