It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA created UFO like Orb? Bokeh? Alien Spacecraft?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

They say they are short of funding, so why didn't they use the shuttle and arm to just pluck the old stuff out of orbit and stow it in the empty bins to bring home to recycle all that gold, platinum and plutonium etc?

Surely even you realize that they would need to match orbits with every satellite they recover. This means that each individual satellite would require a separate STS launch at $450 million a pop. Not exactly cost effective, wouldn't you say?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The gist of your argument seems to be that NASA has only recently started to design spherical satellites in order to "cover up" the presence of alien spacecraft or living plasma creatures. How, then, do you explain these, all launched before anyone was ever able to see one of these alleged "orbs?"

Sputnik 1, 1957

Vanguard 1, 1958

Telstar, 1962

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
How, then, do you explain these, all launched before anyone was ever able to see one of these alleged "orbs?"

Haha, what?

Maybe you should rephrase that question, it is confusing.

Anyhow the gist of your post appears to be you making a strawman-eque claim using the 'gist method' and then going on to further baffle us with what appears to be a rhetorical question?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Maybe you should rephrase that question, it is confusing.

Anyhow the gist of your post appears to be you making a strawman-eque claim using the 'gist method' and then going on to further baffle us with what appears to be a rhetorical question?

I seem to have misunderstood the OP. Please explain it to me in your own words so I can't be accused of creating a strawman argument.

edit on 6-12-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I seem to have misunderstood the OP. Please explain it to me in your own words so I can't be accused of creating a strawman argument.

It isn't really that hard to understand... I made this thread to show UFO hunters what to watch out for when looking at NASA UFO videos.

Seems to me it makes sense to have a reference point considering how many orb videos that are on youtube lately

The second part... WHY is NASA filling space that is already overly cluttered with hundreds of tiny orbs.... is certainly an interesting question

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The gist of your argument seems to be that NASA has only recently started to design spherical satellites in order to "cover up" the presence of alien spacecraft or living plasma creatures. How, then, do you explain these, all launched before anyone was ever able to see one of these alleged "orbs?"

Those are satellites... they fly in a fixed orbit...

They are NOT autonomous free floating orbs that can change direction and buzz around a spaceship...

That is why your satellites are a straw man argument... comparing apples to oranges

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It isn't really that hard to understand... I made this thread to show UFO hunters what to watch out for when looking at NASA UFO videos.

And:

Those are satellites... they fly in a fixed orbit...

They are NOT autonomous free floating orbs that can change direction and buzz around a spaceship...

That is why your satellites are a straw man argument... comparing apples to oranges

Then why did you include the Starshine satellites? They could not change direction, and they have long since de -orbited. Why include apples with your oranges?

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

These remind me of the kenos on the series Stargate Universe.

www.therpf.com...

They used them for all sorts of things in the series. Sent them through stargates ahead of themselves to check things out, video diaries and of course, spying.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sphere @ 1:34 mark ....

Shuttle UFO encounters - NASA STS - 129

A sphere camera or something else ?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join