It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD sergeants threaten to sue Wall Street protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Source

"Deeply concerned" police sergeants are coming out swinging today against obnoxious Wall Street protesters, saying they plan to "pursue legal action" against demonstrators who injure any of its members.

Ed Mullins, president of the NYPD's Sergeant’s Benevolent Association, said his group plans to pursue legal claims against Occupy Wall Street protesters should they cause injury to any of its 5,000 members.

“In light of the growing violence attendant to the 'Occupy' movements across the country, particularly as evidenced by the recent events in Oakland, I am compelled to place these so-called 'occupiers' on notice that physical assaults on police officers will not be tolerated," he said.

Read that last paragraph, that sounds more like a diversion tactic because of Scott Olsen injury. Blaming it on the victim, keeping them on the defense.

I assume it's a preemptive strike, because news regarding Scott is going viral.

How I feel, as a United States Marine, about what occurred in Oakland.

And if the marine vets join OWS on veteran's day, what will be the reaction?
edit on Thu 27 Oct 11 by Jazzyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sure, as long as the guy with the busted face from a teargas canister gets to sue them too. And everyone who tried to help him, for emotional damages from that flashbang that scared the crap out of them.

U
edit on 27-10-2011 by USarmyFL because: punct.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ed Mullins needs to be reminded that the door swings both ways.... and there are more people on our side of the door.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

This is so typical of Police.
It's OK for them to assault peaceful protesters, but protesters don't have the right to protect themselves?
Sounds like they are trying to push OWS over the edge.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If the police do open this can of worms they're going to get hit much harder. How many have they assaulted? Arrested for no reason? It will only get more support for the peaceful protesters. I hope they do go down that route, it'll be another perfect peaceful protest opportunity.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I say let them sue so this way when they show their " evidence" we can show ours and I must say, its a lot of damn footage of them getting their power trips and from people in this society from city councils to well known people who has gotten abused by the police.

I remember back like 2 months or so ago, a NY city council man and his aide got arrested and that went all the way to Mike Bloomberg and Ray Kelly. here's the link

www.crainsnewyork.com...

So again, I say let them do what they want...... maybe they all will get exposed.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It was a NYPD senior officer that punched one protester straight in the face at the peaceful protest there. Until that officer is dealt with, anything they say is pure hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Now this is "Police Brutality". I mean unleashing lawyers on those poor OWS protestors. They must have found out that OWS has over $500,000 in the bank. Wait no it doesn't.

ATS Post
edit on 27-10-2011 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ows should start detaining police officers as they commit violent acts against protesters. And then detain any officer coming to the aide of the officer getting detained. Put those zip ties on them, and sit them down. I mean it!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I agree that this looks like a preemptive strike.

The "How I feel, as a USM..."-thread on Reddit has 1459 comments right now and they are all pretty upset...

The only violence I've seen so far came from the police.
edit on 27-10-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Go for it. I'll watch. I'll put $20 on the cops.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
the legal system can't deal with more crap like this. Yes Litigate! I bet the idiot cops don't even know the law.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I would advise the pre-emptive idiotic leadership in the elitist protection only security guards of an uncionscionable and supposed to be noble police force of the masses to go ahead.

It works both ways. And the NYPD is flushed with bribes...opps,...pardon me...'donations' by corporatists and their lawyers to the tune of million dollars. Justice works both ways and the best and brightest of lawyers may not be on their side alone.

Conscience alone dictates victory, and the Supreme Court if they value their traditions, honour and integrity, will know where conscience lays....

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
What is it that he knows and we dont? 20 officers have been injured in the NY city protest so far (see link at bottom) but i cannot seem to find any stats on the total number of protesters by their hands but i think its safe to say the police are winning the battle of injury infliction....for now. Honestly i have not seen any attack by a protester on a cop yet i see quite a few cop on protester attacks (dont care if it was justified or not really its not the point) I have yet to see a protester mace a cop standing behind a barricade like the poor woman who got it in the face, i have not seem any videos of a protester lobbing tear gas or shooting a guy in the face with a rubber bullet, do the protesters get out of line of course every crowd has a dink or 2 in it but it is after all a protest and we all know a protest is meant to inconvenience others if it didn't then it wouldn't be a protest

I say the heck with this idiot maybe all those protesters who got and will get hurt start suing the police and that Marine who got shot in Oakland damn well better be taken care of by the police department they are fully trained in the use of their weapons and no damn well how to properly aim them instead of just peppering a crowd this is a protest not a war where they can just strafe a crowd

When this protest (yes i said when) gets violent these cops will have no one to blame but themselves tensions are high now and we have reached a point of no return after the Marine was injured his brothers in arms are not taking this lightly and these guys are fully trained in any SHTF scenario and are more than willing to die for their kin
nice work Oakland PD way to upset those who are even more trained than you

and does anyone else see the irony of the sound weapons We cant use a bullhorn because it "disturbs" the peace but its cool for the cops to use sonic weapons

top topics

join