It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brother can you spare a star?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I found myself counting stars and posts because I don't want to be one of those fellas that has like a million posts and three stars. Sometimes I want to comment but I have 8 more comments than stars and so I will log off and wait.

It is a mental problem. I recognize this as a personal quirk as well as unreasonable and yet there is little I can do about it. My girlfriend bites her fingernails and can't help that either. They are similar I think.

Meanwhile I have a few favorite posters who seem to always spout wisdom or insight and I star them. Find myself looking for their other responses on the thread. Scroll through and star posts of theirs just for the heck of it- because they are almost always right or at least simpatico and I star them as a measure of support. To generally up their stars.

To those opposed I DO read the comments over quickly so I am not starring idiocy - we all have those moments if you are a frequent poster but I would say that generally speaking I am generous with the stars and dole them out quite liberally. Is it any coincidence I am LIBERAL in my political leanings?

I wonder if there are those people who are CONSERVATIVE and do not give out stars at all?
Does conservatism spread to other areas of life?

But now these are stars - worth nothing, not dollars and so I am trying to understand a mindset that might be cheap with them. It is like trying to learn a foreign language.

And here I am throwing stars around willy nilly.
Maybe I should be more conservative?

For a moment I found myself equating with a poor beggar.
I might just ask for stars - like a bum with a tin cup...just get out there and beg.

Brother can you spare a star?

I wonder how a beggar will fare in these tough times?
Are people holding back or will they give generously?

And since you came here for jokes: (working for stars)

Star light, star bright First star I see tonight
I wish I may, I wish I might.
Oh shoot! It's just a satellite

Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip around the Sun.

In class when students say to me, "Are you Serious?" My reply is: "Yes...like the brightest star in the night-time sky, I am Sirius!"

From the remark of Sherlock Holmes: "It's a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence." It follows that astronomers are bad detectives.

Copernicus' parents: "Copernicus, young man, when are you going to come to terms with the fact that the world does not revolve around you?"

Hope I made you smile.

You don't have to star me - go out of your way to be nice to someone else today.

No h8rs in the JOKES section puleeze!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is literally the worst joke ever.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
you are a star junky ? maybe there is something like anonymous staries ?
i know what you are talking about, its the way you were conditioned as a child on how to get rewards.

edit on 26-10-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Stars and flags are meaningless.....just shows how little some people do with their lives.

3 months and 3000 posts....kinda says "this is all i have to do"

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I starred you for the simple fact that your thread wasn't based on doom and gloom. Something we all, from time to time, need a break from.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I just gave you a star.
I did it because you had one more post than stars, so I can say that I am the one that evened you out

Sometimes if I want to refresh the page, I'll look for the best post and star it, sometimes some posts are so brilliant or funny, I just have to star it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I sometimes give stars to folk I feel sorry for, so here ya go!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Now if you upload a video of yourself dancing to this tune and obviously dressed in the same manner i will give you a star and a flag.

edit:

I would have uploaded a vid of me dancing to this, but sadly as you can see by my avatar i do not have any arms thus me dancing is a non-negotiable issue.

edit on 26-10-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I don't understand?...

You ask for stars while you lack so much in flags?...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip around the Sun.

That was so terrible it actually made me laugh.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
All right, man, it's time to put out and star every single response on this thread.

Make it rain, er, meteor shower, whatever.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

You are a small group but made my day. Glad to see charity is not completely dead. In order to save space and posts I am answering everyone here in a reply to snowspirit. What a lovely name. It seems to match your nature.

Everyone got stars of course even Tsukilunar just for showing up!

Icepack - You are probably right but I think it can be chalked up to weirdness.

Loves a conspiracy. I am a writer by nature if not profession so 3000 posts is nothing. I can do that without even trying. Luckily since I am stuck home most days caring for my elderly mom this gives me something to occupy my time. True enough I have no life. I travel a bit when my sister comes to take mom off my hands but she is busy too so that is rare these days. I won't put her in a facility or a hospice however. Just nothing I would even consider.

FugitiveSoul - Peace and thanks.

The Gut

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light, may good luck pursue you each morning and night.

Cerebralassissins - Love the video. Sorry about your arms but with feet you can dance too! I have to say some of those outfits are not going to fit YOU like they fit her but anxious to see what you come up with. Working on my dance video now ...or in my next life.

Nowankenubi - I said it didn't make sense but 270 is a lot of flags anyway. Flags are for people who START threads and I haven't really started that many compared to many of the regulars here.

Insideyourmind -
Thanks! Somethings are so ridiculous they are comical. Kid friendly jokes and they all have to do with stars.

Mistermonculous - I am sorry I only have one star to give you...but you got it!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Gee I'm generous. See what I done?
I even gave ^that^ comment a star!

top topics

join