It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Tornado thing in my town?.. storms all day, Unusual for my town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
There has been some really weird weather today in my town Hastings - East Sussex in the south east of England, on the coast. Since about 3 PM it has been storming constantly. Thunder and lighting constantly since then, its 04:16 in the morning now and it has been keeping me awake. That in itself is unusual for this town. There was this weird tornado looking thing in the sky, forgive me I don't know anything about meteorology so I use the phrase 'tornado looking thing' very loosely. It could just be a cloud for all I know but here are a couple of pics my friends posted on Facebook, everyone has been raving on about it all day online.

This picture was taken in Hastings by someone I know. The view is pointing towards the sea and the postcode is TN355DD just in case you are interested.

This next picture was taken in Bexhill not far from Hastings by someone on my Facebook.

I would trawl through some more pics but Its 04:24 AM right now and I want to try and get at least some sleep before tomorrow. The thunder and lighting is still going on as we speak. Its strange because before that quake in Turkey I was walking along the beach which was a little choppy but nothing unusual and I was sensing some 'Bad vibrations'.

Then all today I've been feeling weird, then this huge storm with loads of thunder and lightning happens and carries on for ages. I have no idea what that weird thing is coming out of the cloud, anyone with the knowhow know what that is?

Probably me just tripping out over a demented cloud.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Looks like a tornado to me. Not sure what is stressing you out though. Sometimes it storms all day. Sometimes its sunny all day. Tornados happen all the time here in the USA. As long as they don't hit your house its no big deal. It is just weather.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well its def a funnel cloud.
Do you live by water? Could be a waterspout

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yup, just your typical funnel clouds and tornadoes. Don't worry, the tri-pods won't start coming out of the ground and lazering people to high hell.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
As the other posters have stated, the first picture appears to be a funnel cloud, which is the beginning of a tornado. They don't always form into tornadoes, sometimes the conditions that caused the rotation stop being so severe within the storm cell, and the funnel clouds will dissipate.

The second picture is definitely a tornado. Not a big tornado, but still enough to do some damage.

If this weather is unusual for your area, you have my sympathies. Bizarre, violent weather to the uninitiated is quite a shock.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
As the other posters have stated, the first picture appears to be a funnel cloud, which is the beginning of a tornado. They don't always form into tornadoes, sometimes the conditions that caused the rotation stop being so severe within the storm cell, and the funnel clouds will dissipate.

The second picture is definitely a tornado. Not a big tornado, but still enough to do some damage.

If this weather is unusual for your area, you have my sympathies. Bizarre, violent weather to the uninitiated is quite a shock.

Never seen anything like this in my town before! I know stuff like this happens on a much larger scale on a regular basis around the world but for this area it is highly unusual. I think I heard of a tornado in Battle not far from here which hit a good few decades ago or something not sure.

Someone said something about a water spout or something if I live by the sea? I live right on the coast, literally I can walk to the beach in a minute.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Check out the Met Office web page on UK tornadoes. We actually have far more than most places (including the USA apparently) but they just do not develop to significant size as we are a small nation (thank god!).

However, despite knowing this, i would have been busy filling my pants if i could see that many in a day out of my window!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hi there ,

This was mentioned on the BBC weather this morning , there was also another pic they showed of a proper waterspout that was filmed.

as for the storms in the UK right now , they are the remnants of a storm system that has come up from Spain and Portugal over the Bay of Biscay .
As i live in Portugal i can tell you it was a big storm , Faro airport in the Algarve lost a lot of its roof.
the second storm is now hitting us right now and will prob hit the UK by Friday / Saturday

snoopyuk

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hi OP, I'm over in Thanet (Broadstairs to be exact) and we too had storms from about 7.30pm till about half 6 this morning. I haven't seen any tornadoes or anything though. We actually do often get tornadoes in the UK, they are actually pretty common offshore apparently. I had heard a rumour that we actually get more tornadoes per year than the entire USA but I'm not sure how that is accurate, unless they mean by land size or something, IDK.

top topics

join