It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Boston: Two living in ‘Tent City’ with child busted for dealing heroin

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I live in downtown, Republican, Christian, White-bread, Salt Lake City, Utah. In the last year, within a one block radius of my house there have been over THIRTY arrests for meth distribution, FIVE for prostitution, THREE murders, THREE shootings and a couple of stabbings....not to mention the DV incidents. What does that say about me and my non criminal neighbors, according to your logic...??

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Every corner pharmacy used to sell heroin. Kids would go buy it for their parents. And the same 3% addiction rate applied then as now. The only difference is that the way it is now even more people die because the quality in black markets is somewhat dangerous.

But thats besides the point. Its satisfying to me to see the OWS crowd getting smeared in the same exact way they them selves enjoyed smearing the tea party. Glorious irony haha!

Hopefully the personal attacks can come to an end, because if someone takes this story to mean the OWS crowd "is bad" they themselves must be on drugs of some sort to think such a ridiculous way. The OWS crowd is no more a crowd of drug addicts than the tea party crowd was a crowd of racists! Anyone who believes otherwise is a gullible sheep who lets the media tell them what to think and when to think it!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
these lefty liberals have the same trouble understanding what the word "isolated" means as they do understanding what the word "fair" means.

go figure.

protip: when this crap is happening at pretty much EVERY occupy party, its not "isolated".

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Its funny how if that happened at a Tea Party protest, the OWSers would be screaming that this is how they ALL act, now that the shoe is on the LEFT foot, they decry this as an 'isolated incident'...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Yep we would and would be enjoying it just as much as those on the right are now. Now where does this get us exactly? I mean we can all trawl the internet to find evidence to support our arguments and weaken others, but all it does is create deeper division, with people grounding themselves more into their ideological conditions.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
ITT: People on both sides picking and choosing photos and youtube videos that support their claims.
Oh how I long for the days when people weren't like, "well I saw it on youtube so it is true HUUUUURRRRRRR"!

I live by the Oakland and other Bay Area protests, and I know the Oakland one was inundated with homeless people just gathering there for free food and such.
I don't necessarily agree with the police kicking everyone out and destroying their tents, but it is true there were vermin and if you got anywhere near there it smelled awful.
Also, I think if the Oakland pigs...err...police came out with as much force against guns and violence in the city as they did against arresting a few dozen protesters there wouldn't be 2 or 3 shootings every single night!
I'm surprised there hasn't been a liberal spin-story out yet headlined: "OAKLAND POLICE ROUNDING UP PEACEFUL PROTEST--3 SHOT DEAD IN THE MEANTIME".

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
my plt, srgt in the army once told me, One bad apple ruins the bushel. I replied, Srgt if one bad apple ruins the bushel, whats that say about the bushel? he then said i was being a smart ass and smoked me. But hey i thought it was worth sharing

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by neo96

More people watch American Idol than are protesting in across the country and yeah what a double standard by those supporters of OWS ask them what the think of the Tea Party and not one of them has something nice to say about them.
Really neo? So I've take it you've confirmed this by going to an occupy protest, and asking around? Care to ask me what I think of the Tea Party? Maybe you should have asked this guy, carrying a "Don't Tread On Me" flag at an occupy KC rally:

edit on 24-10-2011 by TupacShakur because:

I can't be only one who wants to yell to the 'Where are the jobs at?' guy - "You Can't End a Sentence with a Preposition!"
edit on 10/25/2011 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
How "lucky" for those wanting to discredit the movement. Not only do the police catch drug dealing going on at the camp but the mother of all 'scary' drugs and a young child involved. Am I the only person thinking this is classic police tatics ? Can help but think of the recent post where a former cop talks about planting drugs on innocent people and I'd like to point out the remark about undercover cops being placed inside the camp. I smell moles.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
ATSers need to stop being lost in the left/right paradigm.

We need to cooperate, not seek out division. What good is that going to do?

We all agree on a common thing here, why are people fighting over political leanings? What does that have to do with corruption?
edit on 25-10-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Oh oh lets add to the list of evil things the oWS is really up too. there nazy, communist, drug dealing, stuff stealing, no clue, bunch of hippies, rich kids, poor kids, anarchist, muslims lovers, anti semites,

and the list keep son growing...

Keep up the good work, your reporting in fabulous muhahahahah

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

lol wow that was really important to share

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Id take the drug dealers over poloticians any day of the week. But seriously one couple get busted selling drugs and the whole OWS movment is bad? Thats just vitriol and ignorance right there, doesnt deserve anymore of a reply than that.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GodefroydeBouillon

You should accept the fact that poor grammar is the first sign of a disaster of biblical proportions. What I mean is Old Testament, real wrath-of-God type stuff! Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together ... mass hysteria!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Meanwhile a conservative filmmaker is caught red-handed passing out bongs at an OWS event and trying to get it video-taped in the hands of OWS attendees for sale to TV.

Koch Head Conservative Filmmaker Hands Out Bongs At #OWS

conservative blogger Evan Coyne Maloney admits that he's giving away bongs and Che Guevara rolling papers to Occupy Wall Street protesters in the hope that he'll get some negative video to market to Fox News or CNN

No one can guarantee that any large gathering won't attract the drug users - whether heroin at an OWS event or meth at a Tea Party event. But for a conservative filmmaker to hand out drug paraphernalia in order to get negative video to paint the entire movement as some sort of hippie/druggie movement is intellectual dishonesty.

That's what these headlines are about, trying to tear down a protest movement by painting it as riddled with drugs and subversives.

I could just as easily point out the Tea Party has it's own share of negative headlines:

Ezell Harris, Tea Party Candidate, Arrested On Drug Charges
Tea Party founder arrested on drug charges
Tea party organizer arrested on prostitution charges
Tea Party Sheriff’s Deputies Arrested for Human Trafficking

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join