It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best star trek series/episodes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
TNG is unquestionably my "favorite." I grew up with the series, and have seen the show so often that many of the characters feel like family.

But I think you one looks at the shows objectively, then one has little choice but to single out DS9 as the best of the franchise. A lot of Trek fans criticize it for straying too far from Roddenberry's vision for the world of Star Trek but years ago I realized that Roddenberry's "vision" didn't always make for compelling television. DS9 is also hugely influential, as it brought a different sense of what Sci-Fi could be on the small screen. It capitalized on the emotional successes of TNG, but brought them into a serialized format, which allowed them to develop rich story arcs that the prior series' could not.

Favorite episodes of the show include TNG's "The Inner Light," and "Family." I also think that "Chain of Command" was one of the best things that ever happened on TV, and is probably Stewart's most powerful performance.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Star Trek the original series, "Metamorphosis"

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Its a tough one to be honest:

ST:E Awesome, show's the beginning of the Federation, and I think it does a good job showing how much of a noob humanity is at exploring the galaxy. Enterprise crew gets it's ass handed to it several times. They are the underdog for sure, not the lumbering giant of the Federation in Later Series. But therein lies the problem I think. It really seems it's an Enterprise vs. the Galaxy thing, a bit much.

ST:Voy Honestly probably my favorite here. They are technologically advanced, though they meet some who are more powerful. And While it is a them against the World thing, they do a good job of it, Voyager is solo, but they seem to try to stay under the radar, and they have their bad encounters. I kinda like the Stranded theme. Plus some cool action scenes.

ST: Ds9 Definately the best for spaceship pew pew. Kinda self explanatory. I really wish they would have done more scenes though. I noticed their reuse of several scenes for different engagements, I'm sure there are many more. But again, I like it.

TNG: Shows the peacetime exploration side of Humans. Kinda meh to be honest. But I was young, and I like to watch things explode and lasers shooting out of ships, so sue me

Overall, I think each series does it's job well. They all show a different aspect of Humanity in the same period. It's more of a personal preference if you like the exploration conflicts Enterprise D got into or the lonely new kid on the block feel of Enterprise.

Favorite Episode? Hrmm, again a tough one. I really like the Battle Scene in Ent where they are trying to destroy the spheres, and the Battle of Azati Prime. I don't think I ever recall seeing physical damage to Enterprise D in TNG outside of the movies. Nx01 was carved up like a roast!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The Trouble With Tribbles....of course.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
"Metamorphosis" Star Trek Original series.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join