It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best star trek series/episodes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What are your favrouite series of star trek and episode.
Episode
1. The Trouble With Tribbles- Star Trek origanl series

Series
1. Deep Space Nine

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The next generation has been my all time fav.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's all about DS9. Nothing can compare to the last two seasons. Yeah, it had mad problems at the beginning, and with having a few too many subplots (some of them, such as the Gul Dukat one, were just horrible). But, then again, we had character development, a coherent plot, and the best visuals ever. I'd have to say that the best episode of all time would have to be "What You Leave Behind, parts I and II"

DE

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Best Series: Voyager
Best Episodes: End Game and Omega Directive

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
There many great DS9 episodes the best indeed in the last 2or3 seasons from that series the best episode have to be.

1.Fortune Favor The Bold parts 1&2
2.The Way Of The Warrior

Best charecters out of all series have to be

1. Quark DS9
2.Spock ST origanl
3.Data ST TNG

Can we be frank there are no great charaters in Voyager. Voyager isnt even that good out of 10 it rate 6

DS9 forever I propse a toast

TO DEEP SPACE NINE!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Next Generation all the way! TNG was definately the best casted and directed Star Trek series. Captain Picard is definately the best captain.

I do give props to DS9 for Quark, the founders, and a cool earth. Quark is seriously the best Star Trek character ever.
Voyager... well, I think there was one or two good episodes.
Enterprise... wow, is that even star trek?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
ST: TNG - The Best of Both Worlds ... We are the Borg ... you know the rest.

I still can't understand why they wouldnt use Wesley's Nanobots to feck up the Borg in the first place. :shk:

Series: DS9 - The Dominion War was absolutely brilliant. I haven't seen a series like it. Even SG1 hasn't reached that level yet.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I missed too much Voyager and DS9 I guess to truly appreciate them. I catch them in Re-Runs and they are quite good. DS9 and TNG has the best cast, they actually knew how to act, more or less. hehe

My Favorite Episode From TNG was called Frame of Mind, where Riker is fooled into believing he is crazy in an Alien Mental institution, Great Acting by Jonathan Frakes. It's a Damn Shame he is very good, I wish he had more than just TNG going for him, and a little directing.

As Far as Enterprise goes, I rather like it becuase I am loyal to the series. It's enjoyable, I like the story lines. The Xindi were overdone, the time travel/time tampering could be more to the front though for me.

Hey and who can argue, T'Pol, I mean c'mon, every show needs their Spock/Data 7of 9/ODO, The Oddball emotionless types work. It also helps she's an absolute Babe.

-ADHDsux4me

JAK

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I thought DS9 was excellent.

Weyoun and Garak were great characters and had me in fits of laughter many, many times.

There were loads of episodes I enjoyed I can't recally any particular episode. The whole thing (Dominion etc.) was a great scenario. The Jem'Haddar ketrakel white addiction was another brilliant idea.

In my opinion, Voyager and TNG were... ok.

Enterprise seems ok so far, and looks as though it could get real interesting.

But so far, the best series for me it has to be DS9.

The best character, Garak.

LMFAO.

Jack

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
DS9 was pretty dam good. Kind of went a bit off around season 5. But pulled it back.

Best episode is Best of Both Worlds. Nuff said.

I did enjoy voyager though, the episode with the borg queen where usually good. Then seven of nine joined the crew and it was worth watching just for her

But Stargate is better. Full stop.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
My favourite Star Trek episode - "The Doomsday Machine"
Next Generation - I forget the title - The one where Worf is jumping between all the alternate realities.
DS9, in my opinion, was definitely the best of the lot, though.
Especially the "Mirror Universe" episodes, with the Major Kira's evil twin!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I really liked the final episodes from all the star trek series, especially the final episode of ST:TNG.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Best Series: Star Trek Next Generation...by far. I enjoyed aspects of DS9, but STNG is still me favorite.

Best Episode: Unquestionably, the DS9 episode with the Tribbles, featuring the very clever fusion of involving the original Star Trek crew, etc.
Though pretty much any episode with Q is a must see. Interestingly enough, in person John DeLancey is a pretty quiet unassuming guy...

Warf: "Captain, I protest. I am NOT a merry man...."
(while dressed in full Robin Hood regalia during one of the Q trials)

[edit on 9-12-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Series...TNG... Best episode of that series: I can't remember the name but it was the one about the space creature trapped, they looked like large jelly fish and at the end after releasing the one....it and it's mate floated out in space together

Best original series episode...The Trouble With Tribbles!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Series...TNG... Best episode of that series: I can't remember the name but it was the one about the space creature trapped, they looked like large jelly fish and at the end after releasing the one....it and it's mate floated out in space together

That episode called encounter at farpoint and is the first episode of TNG.

Trouble with tribles is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Being the XO of a ST fan club, I hate to admit that I really don't remember the names of the episodes very well.

I am very glad the whole Xindi story arc is over with in Enterprise - that got a bit boring after awhile, but this new season is progressing very well, and I hope that the powers that be will continue to allow it to grow. I think, however, that after Enterprise, they need to take a break from having Star Trek on tv for awhile, and that their next series should feature the USS Continuity, and they can go back and explain all the inconsistencies between the different series - specitically ENT & TOS. (Like why is it that the pre-TOS technology is so much more advanced than TOS? Did that little tidbit not occur to the writers?)
In TOS, my fave character was Doc McCoy, Data and Q in TNG, the EMH in VOY, and Dr. Phlox in ENT. Haven't been able yet to watch enough DS9 to decide on a fave in that series, although I am leaning toward Jadzia Dax and Maj. Kira. Thank the goddess for dvds!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenBeruthiel
I think, however, that after Enterprise, they need to take a break from having Star Trek on tv for awhile, and that their next series should feature the USS Continuity.

Or 'Excelsior' with George Takei as Capt. Sulu. That could link the OTS movies with TNG. (Excelsior class ships were still around for TNG weren't they ?)

Edit due to bad typing: Just as well I'm not in charge of the phaser banks.
"oops, sorry Captain, I was trying to log onto ATS and hit the phaser button instead"

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Pisky]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I may be a "behind " when it comes to the latest stuff on trek
( In India you see!
).. but wasn't enterprise cancelled??

I think ST gradually improved with time...All series had their high and low points..
Though I haven't seen the dominion wars bit soo I got something coming aye??

Having said all this I must admit I have alway had a soft corner for Voyager..
Maybe because of the characters..I liked em' a lot.. esp the EMH doc

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The Doc was great. He was the heart of a very poor series, made it okay. Enterprise...well, you didn't miss much. It was out and out horrible. The Dominion Wars refer to seasons 5-7 of DS9, because it turned into a war epic. Twas grand. Sweeping plot arc, haters!

DE

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
Weyoun and Garak were great characters and had me in fits of laughter many, many times.

OMFG you liked Weyoun??? I HATED that guy!!!! He was a good character, I suppose, but he was SO annoying! I remember for about 5 seconds I was sooooo happy when in one episode he got shot and killed. Then you learn there are like 12 clones of him...

As for my favourite series, I liked TNG & DS9 the best. Enterprise was decent, and the original series was good, although extremely dated, now. I didn't like Voyager as much.

I can't think of a favourite episode offhand, but pretty much anything with Borg in it was cool. When voyager encountered the borg & that species 8473 or whatever they were called, that was cool, too.

Original series, TNG, and DS9 had the best characters, IMO. Pretty much all the major chars in the original series were good. TNG was cool too, with Picard & Data being my favourites, I think. (Barclay was funny, too, but he was minor char) Sisko in DS9 was cool, too, and like others said before, Quark and Garak rocked. Odo was cool too; his abilities owned, plus the conflict with the evil shapeshifters or whatever they were called.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by DragonsDemesne]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join