It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A brutal example of how democracy is mob rule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I know i am gonna get flamed. I know I am going to be harrassed but I also know some people can look outside the box and see my point I am about to make.

I do not believe the argument that "its war what do you expect" is a viable argument in this scenario.

Gaddaffi was a man that led his people regardless of how MSM portrays him. He may have led them astray or he may have been a great leader and that is just a matter of perception( this is not the case in point). Is your idea of Gaddafi shaped by media and not concrete facts? My opinions were at first kill this bastard child of satan rhetoric, then I stopped and had a moment of insight that maybe or maybe not, I was given bad intel via MSM.

I am not going to link this to the video of Gaddafi's death because it is purely distasteful but nescessary for the fact finders of the world to realize the conditions during his last stent on earth were grotesquely like mob rule I.E Democracy.

If this is truly a Constitutional Republic, then law should dictate. I am not against the punishment of people in a just manner,So where is this man's trial? Regardless of his allegations all men should be given the chance to plead their case. Caught red handed is still no argument to erase a person's right to a trial.

Is this kind of action justifiable to integrity? Is this the reason why America is promoting Democracy instead of a Constitutional Republic? Is this a course of action that in turn leads to more civil upheaval and turmoil in these foreign countries by plan? Promoting democracy is thumbing ones nose to "just" laws and rebuttal of pleas in sake of majority rule.

Are" WE" wrong for promoting mob rule instead of law? and whats the purpose of it?

I admit this thread is more of a rant on the philosophical level than actual information which I humbly apologize. I am bringing forth these questions for academic discussion and please be civil. This is not a thread for" he deserves to die" but truly for the debate of the methods of proxy gov't in an anarchic situation, he was executed under no rule of law.

edit on 21-10-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

My opinion was without a doubt solidified of him when I saw the video of him being propped onto a truck in bloody celebration. Someone has to really hate a person to do that to them. Does Libya watch CNN?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

I am just wondering if they knew they'd get rich from the bounty money and thats why they did that. It could be a celebration of knowing they stand to be rich and its like showing off a winning million dollar lottery ticket. Orrrr that they finally are pissed that hundreds of people were being killed daily by drone strikes and since the faster he died the faster innocent bystanders would stop dying because they all died because Gaddaffi was hiding. If a hundred people died because of one person would't you want to catch him so the needless killing would stop?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
First of all I do agree with you. He was alive, and I saw multiple videos, of him obviously not mortally wounded in part of the images. I heard him speak and call out for mercy to not shoot, and he even pointed out that "this is not the way a Muslim should act. Now in the US this is not accepted. We are judging the actions of that crowd by our western standards. But understand these people were of a "mob spirit" and once emotions like that take over you loose self-control. That is what I saw there. Fear, Hatred, consuming anger.
That was not America in that video. It was his own people. I personally felt that he without doubt deserved a trial. Even Saddam got that...however biased it was..he did get it. then they hung him according to law, and that was an Islamic nation as well. Gaddafi deserved a trial. The western world knows only what the MSM has told us and they do tell us so much don't they? How much of what they say do you believe?
when I watch the MSM I generally try to think of an opposite situation and that is what I believe. the opposite of what I am told.
so we have no way of knowing this mans actions throughout his control of Libya.
We did however see pure hatred leading to a very violent death of a human being.
he should have been tried and then punished. You would wish the same for yourself would you not?
or would you desire to be the man in that video covered in blood begging for mercy?
the human species has degraded into something so vile today that I cannot find a word in any known language to describe it. DH

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

Should the mob be held accountable for their lack of self restaint? And if so, Who would be the official model of punishment. If it is a muslim country does this trial get officiated by their church in the absence of the state or the state that is in anarchy or better yet a "WORLD COURT"?
edit on 21-10-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

S&F for not drinking the koolaid

or beleiving the one-eyed god's lies

amazing how many here are saying that the Libyan people did this

oh no.
no bots on this forum LOL

when it was the Al-Cia-duh sadists that did this

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

Someone has to really hate a person to do that to them.

yes that is correct one of those who hated Qaddafi was cackling about it on TV "we came we saw he died"

here's some reading :

Witch hunts in "free" Libya[b/] www.voltairenet.org...

While NATO’s mandate enjoins it to protect civilians, the Alliance allows the forces of the Libyan National Transition Council to continue their abuses. After hunting down black Africans, the summary executions now extend to members of the Qadhadhfa tribe, that of the fallen Leader. Hundreds of thousands of African workers have already fled the country to escape death; the time has now come for certain Libyans to take the road to exile if they want to survive.

Critics of NATO’s intervention in Libya have launched some of their harshest indictments against the international media, and particularly Doha based station Al Jazeera, which positioned itself as the greatest champion of the so-called Arab Spring. The resignation of Al Jazeera director general Wadah Kanfar following the release of Wikileaks cables which expose his links to the CIA is sure to give such critics a sense of vindication. With the channel being seen as the "voice" of the movement against Muammar Gaddafi’s Libya, it also raises questions about the potential for Mr Kanfar and the channel’s vested interests in NATO’s intervention which brought that movement to power.

also it's a no-brainer that pretty much half the population would have rather Qaddafi had stayed:

i'm talking about the female half.

A female friend of mine and university lecturer who had gained her doctorate at the London School of Economics (see picture), Salma, committed the crime of coming from the same tribe as Gaddafi, the Qadhafadhfa. She was shot dead as she fled for the airport along with her mother and two nieces, Yam aged 20 months and Aden, who was just three-weeks old.

oh look! not only was Al Jazeera outed as a CIA mouthpiece, but also:

Lybia: Human rights impostors used to spawn NATO's fraudulent war www.voltairenet.org...

The names change but the methods remain the same. In Iraq the imperial war facilitator was Ahmed Chalabi. In Libya he goes by the name of Soliman Bouchuiguir, a shadowy human rights figure whose baseless allegations against Gaddafi were endorsed by the UN system and its affiliated human rights agencies without the slightest verification. Each one in his own way, Nazemroaya and Teil shed light on a failed system of international law and justice, which has made itself complicit in NATO’s war crimes in Libya.

you need to put the comic books down and read other stuff
[not that i've got anything against comics. unless that's all you read]

still on the fence whether it really was qadaffi who was lynched in those videos
he did not strike me as a man who would have begged for his life, he would have gone out like mussolini " don't shoot me in the face, shoot me in the heart".

he could have left a long time ago and he certainly wouldn't beg from agents of those who murdered his children and grand children
edit on 23-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
highly recomended thread by casiusignoranze

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Wow! Very intelligent and well rounded post DerepentlEstranger! That is the kind of post I look for on ATS. It seems like a good argument youm bring to the table backed by outside intel.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

i'd say you're welcome but credit goes to member
ludwigvonmises [or is it van?] for the Voltaire.net links

i'd say it was more of a team effort

i did post my own thread on the subject
Virtually unknown in the West: Libya's water resources. The real reason for toppling Quadaffi? www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's really pissing me off when some folks here are talking like bots saying it was the lybian people that did this.

join