It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy White Orb Chases Boat Off Sweden (hope its not a repost)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Anyone see this yet? It's probably been posted and dissected here already, and if that's the case i apologize...as a rational, and sometimes, irrational skeptic, this one has me intrigued. The illusion is that it's following the boat, but that could just be an illusion and due to the camera angles and boats motion it COULD be something anchored and they are just crossing it's path.....but i dunno...it's tough to judge at certain places in the video....pretty wild.

Plus it looks as though it's lit from the inside...glowing...could be a hoax i guess...and maybe i'm jumping the gun as i saw this and immediately came here to post it up.

www.examiner.com...
edit on 21-10-2011 by jeddun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It was posted before.Can't seem to find the link. I think the general census was it was some type of buoy being pulled by a boat.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Nice, thanks dude....ya, I saw it and just slammed it up on the boards...good looking out.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well I agree it looks like a buoy getting towed.

Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
rather than just hoping its not a repost why not try searching for "White Orb Chases Boat" ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21-10-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It's been posted and was determined to be Wilson... the volley ball from CASTAWAY

graphics8.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
It's been posted and was determined to be Wilson... the volley ball from CASTAWAY

graphics8.nytimes.com...

AWESOME!!!
but seriously, it could be a buoy and the line cannot be seen due to a weighted lead. That is to say there is a weight keeping the line underwater with enough distance to keep the lines entry point off-camera. Perhaps?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I will agree that it looks like a buoy but I have a question. If it is being towed by a boat off camera how did this 27ish foot sail boat with a keel that is probably 12 feet long, attached to a boat that is drafting 2-5 feet, just pass right over the tow line without incident? Sure it can, but it usually isn't desired to pass over any form of line. Assuming as well that the boat that is towing this buoy is really far off then that means that the line attached to this buoy has to be very strong and will be very taught. I have never seen a submarine with a buoy on the surface and diver buoys are usually orange and stationary (unless the diver is inside a shark). There is one point in the video that the buoy 'pops' up out of the water and is jerked as if by a tow line but at the same time we should have seen the tow line disturb the surface at this point as well. My oppinion, it looks like a buoy but it isn't acting like one.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Possibly a buoy marker marking a crab pot or other type of trap, only reason I can see that it would be moving though is if it was caught up on a large fish or perhaps the fish tried eating the trap.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
probably a sub pulling a buoy. Russian subs run the coast alot.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's nonsense for one very very simple reason :

Whilst the "orb" is at a distance the cameraman is able to keep the orb within the frame of the camera (ie too far away to identify). As soon as the "orb" gets near (and thus can be identified) the cameraman suddenly gets a dose of "cant keep it in the frame" jitters......every time!!!

No sorry, pure hokum, the camera work was purposely vague so you could not identify the object. This means the object is nothing mysterious. Ask the cameraman he/she knows!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Someone launched a barrel buoy on a harpooned shark or other large fish.
Seen it.
Not uncommon in waters like that.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's a tracking marker or a bouy stuck to a fish.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

LOL....all i know is your avatar looks like a wrecked Nick Nolte...lolz, love it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Nice, ya like the guy above me commented....I should have done a quick search, for whatever reason i didn't..but i did offer that initial disclaimer assuming another already put it up, people don't miss much around here, things go up pretty quick.

But ya man....I dunno it's just a strange vid...the context (the way it's presented) is just kinda creepy...whatever it is. But i'm still not sold on sub buoy or fish barrel(bouy)...whatever this 'is' it seems to glow gently...but again this could be an illusion or even an After Effects edit, I work with the program and you can really do anything imaginable with it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Weirdest thing there is the comment "Unusual sight in the Atlantic Ocean...". It definitely would be that with the claim that it is both off the coast of Sweden and in the Atlantic. Which planet is this again?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
As posted above, this topic is already being discussed.

Thread closed.

top topics

join