It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Suns Rising - the documentary

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

you TELL me what I saw and then call the rest a hoax.

You describe a parhelia and then interpret it with some ludicrous claim that makes no sense. You invent some odd story to back up your misinterpretation.

Evolution was another favourite of mine, with all of its missing links.

Evolution is a fact. There are theories to explain the fact.

The Earth is flat, man will never fly, the TV is a hoax, etc all stated by the greatest minds of science of their day.

Clearly you don't understand any of these issues. This is just another example of not understanding history which you claim to have studied. Had you actually done that you would not be making these false statements.

You did not see a second sun. Don't you think it odd that no one else in the world reported it? Do you think that you were the only person in 7 billion to see this? Ever get the idea that you simply are misstating what you saw?

What absurdities are you introducing to the video now?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

How DARE you presume to tell me what I did or didn't see?

Buck up. I dare because it is evident that there is no second sun. You saw something that was not outside of the Earth's atmosphere. You described a parhelia. You described it well.

Parhelia are common as I pointed out and verified in the links I provided.

I am glad you were able to observe one as spectacular as you describe.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
Really, I have no idea what or who you are, or who you think you are, but NEVER tell anybody what they did or didn't see.
Do you think you're the sight police?
I am well aware of pareidolia, parhelia, sun dogs and other optical illusions and atmospheric phenomenon. Do not presume to attempt to manipulate either what I think, what I saw, or what others reading think I saw.
You are an ill-educated troll. Put down your 1950s Bumper Book of Bollocks and explore your world with open eyes. Climb out of your armchair, leave your parents basement, go forth and see and think.
But never, ever tell me what I saw.
When I am in doubt I ask for expert opinions, plural. You presumed to inflict yours on me and others reading.
Go away, little man. Take your missing links with you, and your sun dogs.

You have no idea how much I wish you were here right now.

relax my friend. getting angry over another persons opinions isn't going to help your cause. you have an interesting theory, and you did a great job on your videos, but i honestly dont think you'll ever be able to prove your case. way back in 1984, i saw a double sunrise over the Atlantic. as i watched it in fascination, it slowly faded away as the sun got higher in the sky. about a year later, i saw a double full moon rise in the same approximate area over the ocean. i personally think they were both caused by an atmospheric anomaly, but who knows?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

relax my friend. getting angry over another persons opinions isn't going to help your cause. you have an interesting theory, and you did a great job on your videos, but i honestly dont think you'll ever be able to prove your case. way back in 1984, i saw a double sunrise over the Atlantic. as i watched it in fascination, it slowly faded away as the sun got higher in the sky. about a year later, i saw a double full moon rise in the same approximate area over the ocean. i personally think they were both caused by an atmospheric anomaly, but who knows?

That's an awesome description of these events. It is interesting that you have been able to view 2 of these types of events. When I saw the first mock sun fade away it certainly caught me off guard. An you have seen 2, one solar and one lunar.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Great doco. I believe you saw two suns and so have many others. I like your son's mind, it will take him far.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Being both philosophic and scientific, I decided to put a theory to the test last night, conderning stereologist/skeptic overlord/phage's adamant beleif that what I, and many others, have seen is purely atmospheric phenomena.
As it is clearly impossible to reproduce under laboratory conditions (plus it was night time), I decided to look at the next best thing, being a history buff.
Precedent.

prec·e·dent (prs-dnt) n. 1. a. An act or instance that may be used as an example in dealing with subsequent similar instances.

I will publish my findings in video format later today, hopefully.
Crying ludicrous or silly, or merely quoting the established dogma of belief, whether religious, scientific or political merely suggests that one is incapable of free thought - an extremely UNscientific position to hold.

pi·o·neer (p-nîr) n.
2. One who opens up new areas of thought, research, or development: e.g a pioneer in aviation.

Crying "ludicrous!' or "silly" is a personal opinion, to which evveryone is entitled, but it is also telling of the indivifual. It smacks of the old phrase "Bah, humbug!", a phrase reserved for when one's beliefes are challenged and one's footing shaken.
Crying 'Hoax!' Is equal to stating that the other person is deliberately misleading or lying. That is a personal insult and should be dealt with as such although as we are debating in pixels it restricts one's actions and reactions somewhat

This is an example of how my thought process works:
I observe phenomena. When there are parallels between them (as opposed to each being individual, unrelated events), call it synchronicity, I then look for a common denominator and other similar events in order to determine a cause. I then look at various explanations for such a cause and determine (I do try to be both objective and subjective) the common denominator of those. Sometimes the cause is given prior to the events, as was the case with the theme of the video. This idea was reinforced in my mind by the sudden change of tack AWAY from the cause when the various related events (which had been repeatdely forewarned by established scientits) began happening.
Take, for example, Carbon Tax. Being a carbon-based lifeform, emitting carbon dioxide as part of my life cycle, living on a carbon-based planet, it instantly occured to me that this was akin to taxing our existence. As this tax was based on the premise that humans were causing global warming, I decided to look into global warming. Instead of just looking at the various pretty and shocking presentations concerning only OUR planet, I looked at our neighbours and discovered that we're not alone in this situation. Many other planets and interstellar bodies are similarly undergoing climate change, some a lot more violently, simultaneously. The most obvious cause of this would be the sun but when bodies as far away as Pluto are being affected (for the sun to have such an effect at that distance we would have long been fried) then there must be another culprit.
Enter the Local Interstellar Cloud.
The cloud is an electromagnetic bundle. Being something of a paranormal investigator and fairly familiar with electromagnetic radiation (as a layman), I began looking at the macrocosmic scale of possible effects (as opposed to the microcosmic, e.g. at the hand-held level). The rest, as the cliche goes, is history.
And then I watched two suns rising above the dawn horizon.
Whilst I certainly don't have all the pieces, not having access to the same technology NASA does, I have enough to see that my jigsaw puzzle is of a kitten and not the puppy you are telling me it is.

What I don't understand is why you, projecting yourself in the stance of resident scientist/wise old man, are NOT observing the multitude of phenomena occuring and just keep stating that it's business as usual when it most clearly isn't. After doing a search on you, I noticed parallels with a multitude of other threads, as though you have a calling for, an unhealthy obssession with, or even are required in some sort of professional capacity to instantly negate, divert, disrail any attempts by others to raise such issues. Having lived in certain countries where I have personally met such persons who do such things on an institutional level, an alarm beel is ringing in my ears (possibily tinitis) and is inducing the opposite effect to cease and desist. It is similar to when a policeman guarding a cordoned off area tells specttaors that there's nothing there to see and to move on. Basic human curiousty is piqued because now, clearly, there is something worth observing.
Perhaps I am on the right track after all. I do love a good mystery....

Please restrain yourself to a civil tongue and I shall do likewise.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

You are an ill-educated troll. Put down your 1950s Bumper Book of Bollocks and explore your world with open eyes. Climb out of your armchair, leave your parents basement, go forth and see and think.
But never, ever tell me what I saw.
When I am in doubt I ask for expert opinions, plural. You presumed to inflict yours on me and others reading.
Go away, little man. Take your missing links with you, and your sun dogs.

You have no idea how much I wish you were here right now.

Actually I think it's you that seems to lack some basic understanding and level of education. You prove this quite clearly with your video's and lack of response to fair questions.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Really, I have no idea what or who you are, or who you think you are, but NEVER tell anybody what they did or didn't see.
Do you think you're the sight police?

Yo dude, it's called an optical illusion for a reason you know. If you're so scientific and rational, you should also consider that what you saw might have been an atmospheric effect and wasn't really there. Seriously, if there were two suns it'd be all over the internet and media outlets, backed up by thousands of videos and photos. Or do you suggest 'they' are keeping us in the dark?

What you saw was a beautiful sight and I'm jealous 'cause I never been able to catch a glimpse of it, but there's only one sun and you need to get back down to earth from your cloud now.
edit on 25/10/2011 by RationalDespair because: Reprimanded by sight police officer.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This is complete Bull . I have made a video completely debunking the two sun or near sun rubbish.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
My 2 cents for what it's worth... As long as we don't get into name calling and general insults I think a good banter back and forth is healthy. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how scientific or emotional it may be. Personally, if I came up with an idea and felt strongly about it, I would appreciate, accept and expect a good solid challenge to my ideas and thought process.

At the end of the day, no one is going to be able to change the belief system or ideas of another. The stuff in-between is important... just my opinion.

I mentioned before that I find the op's video and idea to be interesting and fun. I don't claim to buy it, but I do like to think out of the box for a while before reeling myself back in.

Anyway... does anyone remember the Two Suns Aderoid Star Hoax back in June, 2010?

www.hoax-slayer.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
***ATTENTION***

Please discuss the topic and NOT each other. Any further off topic remarks or personal attacks may result in a suspension of your posting privileges.

ATS Terms & Conditions are clear in regards to Civility and Decorum. Members will be expected to follow all rules.

Thank You.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator
edit on 10/25/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

I missed the Aderoid hoax. I have been aware of the Mars closest to Earth hoax. Back in 2003 when Mars was actually close to Earth that was a great doomsday discussion. I met a person heading north on roads in Quebec that was headed to a safe zone before "Mars wrenched the guts out of the Earth." I remember watching a spectacular night time Mars rise over the St Lawrence with whales in the foreground.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Sure can see some amazing sights out there if you take the time to look up

I love this time of year in my area, both the sun rise and sun set are just amazing sights to behold. In the last few days I have taken photo's of both, and will most likely post somewhere. Talk about seeing second, third, fourth and even fifth suns!

On the topic... I can really see both sides of this. Obviously there are dozens of optical phenomenon. At the bottom of this page/link is a long list. It's pretty interesting if you ask me:
en.wikipedia.org...

Also, here's a great photo of a recent double sunrise over Boston Harbor:
ulocal.thebostonchannel.com...

Then again, it seems like just when my scientists have me convinced that something works in a certain way based on what we know as fact today... tomorrow it changes and many times the explanation is "we don't know why". That's not good enough, so we have to search for the answers. I like to start with science and then sometimes entertain "out of the box" ideas.

Also have to take into consideration the emotions of the story teller. If I'm convinced in my head that the sky is green you better believe that I'll defend that with everything I have in me. Letting emotions (what I feel) mixed in with fact (what I can prove), is dangerous territory.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I saw a green sky once. Well, green between the clouds. When I asked around I was told by people that came from the central US that a green sky is associated with tornado weather. A tornado did touch down near where I lived. I now know that I should not have been outside watching the storm approach as I did.

Then again that may not be true.
Fact or Fiction?: If the Sky Is Green, Run for Cover—A Tornado Is Coming

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I've never seen a green sky, but I don't live in an area that has tornadoes.

Well... not usually.... but that seems to be changing.

But hurricanes, big snow.... Yes, one can most definitely see a number of strange things in the sky, and feel an incredible amount of energy build up before something like that arrives. My dogs are a good indication when something wicked is coming. Oh, and the squirrels.. when I see them scampering all over the place in no particular direction, I know something is coming

The calm before a major snow storm sunrise is another awesome sight around here.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

OR, maybe the sky was green because that particular sky was the sky of a planet in another dimension..

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I really don't know why you are lying.
You obviously read the articles I used in defence of my theory in the video, which would show that the Local Interstellar Cloud exists and is an electromagnetic bundle, yet you are trying to drown me out in a very, very loud voice calling hoax and me a liar.
You are denying climate changes on planets, you are denying virtually every single thing I have stated. What are you scared of? Why are you trying to change the opinion of people?
I don't know what your game is. I have my guesses....
I've already stated that I wasn't alone when I saw the two suns, I was with a clinical psychologist at the time (I could make a comment there but won't).
I'm uploading my response to youtube now. It should answer questions asked by rational people but you won't even bother reading the substantiating papers before screaming lies and hoax.
Shills abound.
If your sole purpose is to troll this thread, can you at least colour your text red so others may avoid your ranting? Either that or go way? It's funny how you've even started to attract people to your rant. I suppose when one shouts loudly enough, regardless of what they are actually shouting, others will listen. It is the nature of the herd.
Hopefully, my next upload will at least show others that much of what you are saying can be easily be debunked by themselves, which means they can make their own minds up without you forcing your 'facts' down their throats

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join