It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GF getting fat!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Leahn

This is not true, sorry. This is feminist propaganda. Marylin Monroe was a freaking size 0, and died in 1962.

Marilyn Monroe was a size 12 dress size..size 8 pants size.

Many beautiful women from the past were curvacious....and not stick thin.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Leahn

Marilyn was not a size 0. She was the equivalent of a size 8 to 10 throughout her career. Still not fat at all, but not a 0.

You also have to consider than in Marilyn's day, sizes were different, so I listed the equivalent above.

Most of the info about her being a size 16 was due to a comment by my laminated list number one, Elizabeth Hurley....

That said though, there are plenty of examples of women considered "attractive" today that to me, look downright starving. You shouldn't be able to count rib bones, for example...that's just not healthy.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

This is not true, sorry. This is feminist propaganda. Marylin Monroe was a freaking size 0, and died in 1962.

Actually the ones that are into feminist propagenda are usually interesting in having girls and women look like men, with no curves at all. LOL

I think you meant that Marylin was a size 10. A normal, healthy size and weight through out the centuries for western european women.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Leahn

Marilyn was not a size 0. She was the equivalent of a size 8 to 10 throughout her career. Still not fat at all, but not a 0.

Marylin was a size 0, sorry. And keep in mind that she wasn't even the thinniest actress on that age: "Monroe’s costume was displayed on a mannequin that had been carved down from a standard size 2 to accommodate the tiny waist. Even then, the zipper could not entirely close."

The idea that "thin women are attractive started at the 60's" is feminazi propaganda.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Leahn

Sorry ...when I looked up facts on Marylin it said her dress size was 12..and pants size 8..

Going to go check some other sources...

Star Her measurements were recorded by her dressmaker as 36-23-37 and sometimes fluctuated between that and 36-24-37. If you think about that it's not a size 0! But, that is a waist size that is genetically tiny, especially with those curves!

Okay, first of all, when folks toss around the "Size 16" thing, yes, that's a British 16, by which they mean a U.S. Size 12. (Although it should be said that some have made the claim for the U.S. 16, too.)

-Marilyn wore between a size 10 and 18 in the 1950s. According to several original 1950s patterns I own, Marilyn’s bust measurement (36) would be a size 18 or 16; her waist (22) would be about a size 8 (none of the patterns listed as low as 22 for waist…the lowest was 23 1/2, which was a size 9); her hips (35) would be 12 or 14 (or 13 junior.) Anything above a size 12 (measurements 32-25-34) might’ve been considered “plus-sized” as evidenced by a “Slenderette” pattern by Simplicity. “Slenderette,”

Ok.. no where did I find that Marylin Munroe was ever a size 0 , even by todays standards..during her adult life.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
Ok.. no where did I find that Marylin Munroe was ever a size 0 , even by todays standards..during her adult life.

How about on the link I offered, where the actual dress she used on her movies were being auctioned? Your facts ain't worth the server space used to store them. They're the propaganda I was talking about. Marylin was a size 0. Her dresses are the proof.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Leahn

How about on the link I offered, where the actual dress she used on her movies were being auctioned? Your facts ain't worth the server space used to store them. They're the propaganda I was talking about. Marylin was a size 0. Her dresses are the proof.

hmmm.. I just read of someone trying her dresses on.. they said she was not a 16 or 12 by todays standards.. and most likely a 10..?

Where are you getting the info that she was a size zero?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

hmmm.. I just read of someone trying her dresses on.. they said she was not a 16 or 12 by todays standards.. and most likely a 10..?

Where are you getting the info that she was a size zero?

From the auction of her dresses that happened about six months ago:

www.bloomberg.com...

"Monroe’s costume was displayed on a mannequin that had been carved down from a standard size 2 to accommodate the tiny waist. Even then, the zipper could not entirely close."

What part of "they needed to carve down a size 2 to accommodate the waist but the zipper could not entirely close" are you missing? What part of a mannequin size 2 being too big for her dress allows you to conclude that she was a size 10?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
That is one reference you gave..... so you are going to say all the references I have found to her dress makers measurements of her..to people trying on the clothes..as well as other links to her being everywhere from a size 8 to a size 16..are ALL false?

Marylin Monroe WAS NOT a size zero... what can't you understand about that?

edit on 26-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

maybe at one time of her life, for a brief while she was under 118 pounds, and her waist size was most likely a zero by todays measurements..

Bu most of what I have read, including measurements kept by her dress makers.. no where puts her close to being a size 0.

The point being ..which we all agree on I'm sure ..is that you don't have to be skinny to be considered beautiful.
edit on 26-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

That is one reference you gave..... so you are going to say all the references I have found to her dress makers measurements of her..to people trying on the clothes..as well as other links to her being everywhere from a size 8 to a size 16..are ALL false?

Marylin Monroe WAS NOT a size zero... what can't you understand about that?

Let me see if I got it right. You have multiple quotes that contradict themselves by claiming that she was anything from a size 8 to a size 16, and you consider themselves valid evidence? Against the dress she wore on her most famous movie? Physical proof against contradicting unsupported accounts?

People can say anything they want. The fact is, her dress is too small to fit a size 2 mannequin. She was a size 0. Her dress is ultimate proof. You simply cannot discuss with the physical proof of the dress that she wore on her most famous movie.

maybe at one time of her life, for a brief while she was under 118 pounds, and her waist size was most likely a zero by todays measurements.

But most of what I have read, including measurements kept by her dress makers.. no where puts her close to being a size 0.

Read the article. "But that’s just one dress. Perhaps the star was having a skinny day. To check, you could look across the room and see that Monroe’s red-sequined show dress from “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” was at least as petite, as were the saloon costume from “River of No Return” and the tropical “Heat Wave” outfit from “There’s No Business Like Show Business.” "

"The average waist measurement of the four Monroe dresses was a mere 22 inches, according to Lisa Urban, the Hollywood consultant who dressed the mannequins and took measurements for me. Even Monroe’s bust was a modest 34 inches.

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes was released in 1953.
River of No Return and There’s No Business Like Show Business were released in 1954.
The Seven Year Itch was released in 1955.

Brief moment? During her entire career, she was a size 0. And it was not only she.

"At my request, Urban took waist measurements on garments worn by 16 different stars, from Mary Pickford in 1929 (20 inches) to Barbra Streisand in 1969 (24 inches). The thickest waist she found was Mae West’s 26 inches in “Myra Breckinridge,” when the actress was 77 years old."
edit on 26/10/2011 by Leahn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Leahn

www.snopes.com...

Also here:

Here is a quote from a fashion writer, Sarah Buys

Contrary to received wisdom, she was not a voluptuous size 16 — quite the opposite. While she was undeniably voluptuous — in possession of an ample bosom and a bottom that would look at home gyrating in a J-Lo video — for most of the early part of her career, she was a size 8 and even in her plumper stages, was no more than a 10. I can tell you this from experience because a few weeks ago, I tried to try on her clothes.

There's my references.

Auctioned dresses? So, there's no chance they were altered after she wore them, eh?
Weak.

Anyhoo, all you have to do is WATCH one of Marilyn's films, and you'll easily see she was not a size 0.

Sorry that the thread derailed onto this angle...it's really immaterial to the issue.

If you are shallow and superficial, dump her...if you actually like her as a person, communicate your concerns.

It's really not rocket science.

edit on 26-10-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

If you are shallow and superficial, dump her...if you actually like her as a person, communicate your concerns. It's really not rocket science.

Yep...sounds like the most common sense type of approach to the problem..

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
There's my references.

Auctioned dresses? So, there's no chance they were altered after she wore them, eh?
Weak.

Weak? So, material proof is weak because you don't want to believe it? Because you read on a website that she was a size 10, so the website is correct, and the dresses were modified? Really? Care to provide proof that they were in any way altered? Because you have a website claiming that she was a size 10, and I have physical proof that she was a size 0, given that her dresses were auctioned, and all the warranties against falsifications that it implies. You are actually accusing the people that auctioned it of falsification, without any evidence outside of your unwillingness of admiting to being wrong.

Anyone can claim anything on a website.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
If one was to believe their own eyes I would say that Marilyn was at least a size 8 if not a 10, and I would put her weight at around 140 most of her time on film.

In this situation seeing is believing.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join