It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A member's Souncloud - pr9me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
pr9me's Soundcloud

Hey guys, please have a look @ my Soundcloud & give me some feedback. Been tinkering a long time, I'm just getting started it still feels like after being a DNB DJ for years. Been making Dubstep and some other genres.

Some of the tracks are a collab of DJ Staf of Corinthian, Black Reign Ltd., and Flight Records & myself.

Be gentle, I am pretty newbish, but offer constructive criticism most definitely!

Pz,

pr9me

edit: A lot of people seem to like 'Gruv', which the finished version will be up sooner or later.

edit on 19-10-2011 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The base of the song ideas are fine although what most songs need is transitions.
Let's say, when you introduce a new sound to the mix make it start from the bar before, which would be often times the fourth bar of the last progression.

I think what you need is to explore other types of electronic music since most of the songs you classify as dubstep actually aren't and dubstep is newish in the electro scene. So much good electronic music out there to find ^^

You might want to check out my sound cloud, it's in my signature, I won't post a direct link to act like if I was hijacking your thread although.
I do very varied styles, but check out "Frail and Binary". It's the best example I can give for transitions

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply & I'm checking your Soundcloud right now. Most of my stuff I put up is so my bro I collab with can hear it before I bring it to him. If you notice I don't even have a lot of different drum patterns for most tracks yet. These are just ideas.

My style isn't completely Dubstep no, but tracks like Gruv will be a pretty decent Dubstep track once finished.

Thanks for the look and kind words and suggestions!

I'm liking your music...going to add you, add me plz!

Thanks pz!

pr9me

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt
I'm liking your music...going to add you, add me plz!

Yes I will ^^

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yo mate sounds pretty good! try sampling some fat kicks and snares from existing tracks to make yours sound more beefy, but still sounding good

heres my soundcloud if you fancy a listen more housey/dancy type stuff tho

J

soundcloud.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies and visits!

Gruv has been massaged and a new version is up. Needs more. The whole track will be rdy soon..pr9me's Dubstep & stuff..

To the guy about the kicks, yeah i need to start layering them better, thanks.
edit on 24-10-2011 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
The base of the song ideas are fine although what most songs need is transitions.
Let's say, when you introduce a new sound to the mix make it start from the bar before, which would be often times the fourth bar of the last progression.

These are only samples so the guy collabing with me can get ideas before i send him the track to work. I havent even thought about arranging most of them into whole tracks yet..

I think what you need is to explore other types of electronic music since most of the songs you classify as dubstep actually aren't and dubstep is newish in the electro scene. So much good electronic music out there to find ^^

A genre is one man's interpretation of what class he thinks the music falls into. Yes a lot of my stuff is experimental. I do know my genres, I lived in East ATL, mecca of Dubstep for the SE, and work and have worked with some of the biggest names in EDM in the SE & USA at the moment. ie. Evol Intent

You might want to check out my sound cloud, it's in my signature, I won't post a direct link to act like if I was hijacking your thread although.
I do very varied styles, but check out "Frail and Binary". It's the best example I can give for transitions

Please post all the links you wish, i want to spread good music, and Im digging your sound..

join