It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

correct answers to the questions do not ensure you will pass GCSE exams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i am starting this thread as a spin-off of this thread

as my opinion has nothing to do with the thurust of that thread

i am more concerned with :

Mr Smith said: 'I thought their attitude was a disgrace. I work as an examinations officer in high schools and this year a pupil wrote some derogatory comments on the front of their Maths GCSE paper.

'The examination body returned it to the school and the pupil was given a zero mark and didn't get a maths qualification.

source

so it doesnt matter if you correctly answer the questions on the exam paper , and solve the problems - you will get a fail if the examiner takes offence at the comment you wrote OUTSIDE the answer boxes

what ????????????

i know its " only " a GCSE and they can be retaken in november [ GCSE exams are taken in may / june by 16 year olds - explaination for none UK readers ] but - when i did my " O" levels [ the precursor of GCSEs ] if you failed to get a pass at "o" level - you could not take the subject at "a" level - [ `A` levels are a pre-requisite for university entry ]

but would the metriculation board fail "A" level students for the same reason ?????????? - that would affect thier university chances or military commissions

plus - many employers offering apprenticships to 16 year oldss demand GCSE maths pass

where does it end ? - could you theoretically fail to answer the exam questions correctly - yet still pass by writting something on the cover of the exam paper that the examiner looked upon favourably ????????????

this story sums up what is going wrong with my nation - you can be punitivly punnished for offending someone

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The so called education system is not meant to turn out intelligent thinking adults but obedient slaves 'just' smart enough to follow instructions.

The little Spartacus filling out the test hadn't learned his lesson and had to be kept back.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

My thoughts exactly. You need to display the qualities of a robotic, zombified, empty shell of a human being ready-made to be filled with the desired programming by your masters. THIS is how you will be successful in the society that has been so generously laid out for us by the Benevolency who so graciously allows us to exist.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I think this is a fairly isolated case and you might contest the grade if it was sincerely unfair or biased.

Study, study study helps...
Khan Academy - A completely free online education on any topic
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Always the best way.

new topics

top topics

join