It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt collectors target Facebook to get money back.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

The police can have access to anyone Facebook account wither private or public. And they do not need to put a message on your Facebook wall, to find out where you live.

I am pointing out, I would not be surprised if Debt agencies can do this also. Legally or Illegally.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I'm a debt collector and I use FB, every day.

However, the people I'm trying to contact have no idea who I am and why I'm trying to reach them.

The actual debt is NEVER discussed.

FB is used simply as a recon tool, to gain information about the debtor and to help "find" them and collect
the debt. Any and all actual collection attempts are made via the telephone or written communication and well
within the law.

And do you also use ATS as a tool for your debt collector job? Do you as a moderator have access to members personal information? I feel this would be a huge conflict of interest.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Interesting that a DCA employee would use someone breaking a contract as reason for harassment, taking goods far beyond the debts value and impersonating court appointed bailiffs.

The contract was signed with the original lender, NOT the DCA, Accepting mail or signing anything is you signing a new contract. On every correspondence wether verbal or written send the letter back, and write 'No contract' on them. NEVER let them even an inch inside your property if you do they have 'implied access'. If you must talk to them then do it through the letter box or the upstairs window.

Everything you need to know and more including templates for legal use etc are here :

Freemen of the land

Hope it is of use, currently i am having fun with DVLA asking me to tax a car that was scrapped a year ago, with receipts etc. I am looking forward to going to Court over that one!

In the interest of balance, if you have defaulted on a court mandated fine, council tax HMRC, inland revenue etc then you are largely #ed and better to deal with it one way or the other. They will use the court appointed bailiffs that can enter you home. Do not let a DCA collector try to convince you that they are one of those. They are parasites preying on the weak, they back off very quickly, or just send endless streams of letter and harassment phone calls and keep threaten to go to court etc, they never do, at that point they go to square 1 and find someone who they can intimidate into paying them.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Id be pretty embarrassed to get a debt collector bugging me on facebook.

Debt Collecter on my new facebook pic:
"Hmm. so you can afford purchasing tickets to go to a football game, but you can't pay off some debt??"

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

I answered this earlier..... NOT AT ALL.

Besides, staff doesn't have access to anyone's personal information.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JLO1986
reply to post by Suspiria

You don't want to be targeted on social networking sites, then don't post information on their that may allow them to see it. For example, Employment info, DOB, City & state you live in... These collectors may be able to find you. but then again, why are you hiding in the first place?

I'm sure most people here understand all that and are well versed with their rights under such proceedings.
The point of the thread is that there are millions of people out there who may not be aware of such things, are not actually hiding anything who may become targets.
We cannot, and should not presume that everyone with a debt around their necks are there through their own stupidity - Have purchased things beyond their means, or are simply fraudsters. I would hazard a guess the greater majority of people are just forgoing a few bills for a few months in order to juggle paying important bills. Most of us find ourselves having to prioritise debts occasionally.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I guess I would be shocked and outraged about this a few years ago, but nothing surprises me anymore. Debt collectors are disgusting vultures. Most of them are borderline sociopaths.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join