It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German tourists speed in US - Cop says they may be "violated".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I admit that these German speedsters broke a US law, and they deserved a ticket.
But: Oh My Hat!
Does this give the cop the right to threaten them with being "violated"?
Something is wrong with this picture.
Is this for real?

edit on 18-10-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Scared straight always works.

Now shut up and obey or the terrorists/butt-raping cons will get you.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

WOW, that was really not acceptable! My jaw literally dropped on that one!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

His face is on the internet.
It's only a matter of time. Spoiler Alert: Germans win, you can't argue with a camera.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Depends, is that a threat or a promise officer?

But less funny, I find this quite concerning and disturbing.
Is it a general US attitude?
If male rape is a means of law enforcement, I'm not surprised some conservative US men have an almost dark obsession with homophobia.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

No, it is not. Unfortunately, a few rich d*heads who decided to go overseas saw to it that everyone thought it was! Most of us feel like everyone hates us for no reason, because everyone else assumes that those wealthy enough to travel abroad are a reflection of all of us. Also, most cops in the US are power hungry, speaking from personal experience. The second they realize you have no fear of them, things get ugly. These two were lucky he didn't "smell" anything, it could have been much worse.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by Praetorius

Depends, is that a threat or a promise officer?

But less funny, I find this quite concerning and disturbing.
If male rape is a means of law enforcement, I'm not surprised some conservative US men have an almost dark obsession with homophobia.

Eh...may be slightly funny to joke about, but the reality of prison rape is most unpleasant.

Very disturbing indeed - not a general US attitude that I'm aware of (although the apparent affinity for and approval of militarism and "american exceptionalism" does make me wonder about some related thought process there, but behaviour like this has for a long time *seemed* more and more common among US police, etc., and seems to be spreading globally as well.

I simply cannot fathom WHY it would be such (other than paranoid thoughts that scare me), but it seems endemic and to be an actual training method. Call me stupid, but I always grew up kind of keen on the thought of being involved with law enforcement as I believed they were to protect and serve, but all too often I only hear and see the accounts of aggressive, machoist control freaks or those who are outright abusive.

Hoping there are multitudes of underreported cases of excellent examples of law enforcers beyond what little I'm made aware of to offset it. Otherwise seems like very dark things are moving, sadly.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

WOW, I can't help but laugh at that officers comment. You want to go to prison and get violated.

Not right, but so so funny. Surprised he brought that up.

All for speeding. He should of just gave him the ticket.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
wow! that cop is not very nice! someone must have taken the jam out of his donut that morning. it's never good to start a morning with a jamless donut, especially if you're gonna have to deal with zee germans.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I wonder, do any US states still have corporal punishment for traffic violations?
Maybe this is what the cop means?

In Malaysia or Singapore the meaning might be totally different.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This pig was just mad because he had no authority. Proving he has no authority over you, either, except authority that YOU give him by your consent.

Note how he did not ask for a license again once he realized they were foreigners. He has absolutely NO authority over them, because they did not sign several pieces of paper agreeing to abide by the "regulations" like YOU did when you got your "driver's license". You don't need a license, except for something that would otherwise be unlawful. But you signed a bunch of papers, without realizing what you were agreeing to.

I live in a foreign country. I figured it out. If hassled by cops, I do not tell them I live here, I imply I am a tourist. I tell them I have no license, and I borrowed this car. As long as I didn't commit an actual crime, causing someone else a loss or injury, the worst they could do is deport me. And they would have a hard time justifying deporting someone for a speeding ticket. They always have to let me go.

There is a way out of all this. You have the right to life, liberty and property. You don't need a license for these. Liberty includes moving about, even in an automobile. You don't need a license for it. It's only "driving" if you are getting paid for it, i.e. taxi, limo, or truck driver. Look into it, you will see I am right. Check this guy out, he is Canadian but it's the same in the US:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I'm not convinced you don't have to pay speeding tickets or can't get arrested when driving in other countries?

Well in some places they target foreigners for bribes and baksheesh.

But perhaps in the US it's more of a hassle?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

thats just disgusting, makes me sad because germans are still looked down apon for something an austrian-born started decades ago, yet in reality germans are by far less racists than americans, australians and south africans, in fact, i cannot remember having ever met a racist german at all (and i have met many)
also, germans in general are one of the most american-friendly countrys in europe, but i do not think that americans deserve that

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by faeriequeen

True - but as anti-German as it may seem, I think they got off lightly (actually probably just with the grave warning).

top topics

join