It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook stalking us???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I just watched the video posted here on ATS titled "Autistic Man has Trouble with the National Anthem - But Then Something Amazing Happens" listed on the home page. At the bottom I noticed that someone I knew many years ago from high school "also liked this video". Yes, I am on Facebook and yes he is classified as a friend, basically only because we knew each other back then, not like we have seen each other for many many years or stay in touch.... but, can anyone tell me how I can stop Facebook from tracking every where I go and commenting on if someone else I know "Likes it"? Geez! How incredibly intrusive! I don't recall okaying them following me everywhere I go! Anyone know how to turn this off?????? I'm sure a lot of other people would be surprised to find out they are being followed too, and appreciate some help in this matter!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Log out when you are done with facebook?
But the best defence is to get rid of it, facebook is a plague to your privacy.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

If you have a firefox browser, they have a plug-in for that. I'm not sure of the name, but you can find it by going to the tools link on your browser, and clicking on add-ons.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
haha trust me you ok'd it..its all in the t&c

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
is facebook stalking you or perhaps its your "old friend"?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Once in a while, I get an Email that lets me know that some others are "liking" what I have to say.

Shoooot. I'm flattered.

If I connect with another persons mind enough for them to "flag" or "share" my thoughts, then I get all tingly all over.

To think that I, an over bearded long haired leaping gnome...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

im picturing the dwarf from lord of the rings

facebook sux just delete it

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It's really creepy stuff. I heard a techy guy at a conference talking about the privacy issues of fb. It is not a pretty thing. You have to get rid of it systematically or let it follow you around the Internet. It's sort of Big Brotherish if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hahahah..

People use facebook to keep in touch with people, and when it does exactly what it's designed to do.. you panic.

Man, that's what social hysteria does to you. You all sign up on the latest craze and you don't even understand what it is you're signing up for...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
It's really creepy stuff. I heard a techy guy at a conference talking about the privacy issues of fb. It is not a pretty thing. You have to get rid of it systematically or let it follow you around the Internet. It's sort of Big Brotherish if you ask me.

I have a fakebook account, as it saves me heaps of time when I want to post random inane comments on useless one off blogs - Sign in with Facebook? Sure do what you want!!!

Saves me having to use throwaway email accounts and all that time consuming typing, and captchas etc.

And if they really want to steal my ID, they can have it... I'm sure they can do a lot with someone who doesn't exist !! lol

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I have been looking into this.

Facebook tracks your internet history after you have logged out.
They also can access your email contacts and link them as possible friends.

I accidentally made a call using facetime on my phone and surprise, that contact was later listed as a possible friend.

They are probably reading this post right now. But I am trying to make a habit of deleting my history.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Ghostery blocks the tracking cookies, however you need to remove their LSO's which can be a bit harder. Yes FB tracks even after you have signed out, if you hit another web site with a fb association it tracks you through the LSO's. Fb the largest most comprehensive data mining operation in history and you give them all the permissions to do it, why do you think pretty much everything has a fb association, even if the products already have their own website.

Suck-up-berg is the biggest sell out the world has ever known, giving every detail or every profile direct to TPTB, dont believe me, go check Bilderberg meetings

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah
Log out when you are done with facebook?

Facebook Tracks You Even After You've Logged Out

But the best defence is to get rid of it, facebook is a plague to your privacy.

Can't get rid of it.. can only "deactivate" it

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Anybody who is worried about being monitored on here can rest assured that if some Gov. agency wants to find you they can. Your on the internet. You didn't come here without an IP and an address to back it up. You think that you can hide look at what recently happened to Anonymous, and they were good at covering their tracks...

I used to be "homeless" and they will not issue a P.O. Box, drivers license, or resale # without a home address. I used to say, I live under bridge #2229, does that count? They laughed... and refused.

I'm not that special to "them" anyway. They have much bigger imaginary fish to fry. Like people with money for instance. Or weapons. Or Oil.

edit on 18-10-2011 by intrptr because: spelling...

new topics

top topics

join