It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venus transit 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
As has been noted the Mayans believed the Venus transit to be significant in the shift at the end of their long count calendar.

The new age/spiritual interpretation of this transit is a shift in consciousness towards a more loving, open society. Venus in Roman mythology was the god of love, so symbolically this is significant in terms of shifting to a more loving paradigm.

Venus is also associated with the feminine (e.g. Men are from Mars, women are from Venus) and so its return/transit can be symbolic of increased feminine energy. I would say that we have seen an increase in feminine energy in the world since 2004 as well as further increases in rights and equality for women in a lot of places. However there's not a strong correlation since this has been going on for decades. I think that this process will continue for a while, but the pendulum is starting to swing back the other direction (discrimination against men in some circumstances - no Feminine Hygiene Product ads, I am not that retarded, # you!) - hopefully it will find a nice balance by the end of next year

In Egyptian mythology Venus is related to the Phoenix, symbolising rebirth and renewal - thus the transit is symbolic of rebirth and renewal for planet earth. When added to the Mayan's idea that from our perspective, the sun will appear to be decending through the centre of the galaxy (What they called the Birth Canal) at the end of 2012 I see this idea as significant.

In Christian mythology, Venus or the Morning Star is associated with the Devil or Lucifer. Could potentially be tied into the return of Lucifer. Meanwhile, many Christian groups are claiming that these are the end times and that the second coming of Christ is near - this would presumably be preceded by the return of Lucifer according to Biblical prophecies.

There are theories going around at the moment about mass rituals being run by Elite Satanist groups involving Venus/Lucifer and basically trying to resurrect Lucifer. According to those theories this also ties in with a lot of what NASA is doing recently, the Chille mining accidents and possibly even 9/11 to name a few. From what I understand the timing of these events is linked to the passage of Venus. These ideas are obviously heavily rooted in Christianity as well.

As for Timewave Zero - the last Venus transit was around 1980 which is roughly the time period we have been resonating with for the last year or so. Obviously there's not a solid correlation because the transit always takes 8 years and happens every 110-130 years from the dates as posted. I still found it interesting that the last transit also happened during a time in which great changes were taking place and that we have been resonating with this time recently.

I think that just about covers it - or at least my very limited understanding of it. I don't agree with all of these ideas but I think its interesting that Venus and its transit are significant to many different religions and theories. All roads lead away from Rome and IMO all signs point to something significant going on around here.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

As has been noted the Mayans believed the Venus transit to be significant in the shift at the end of their long count calendar.

I don't believe there is any evidence that the Mayans knew about transits of Venus. I'm not 100% positive, but I'm fairly certain that they did not record such an event.

Maya Cosmos by David Freidel, Linda Schele, Joy Parker 1990

To the Maya, it[Venus] was related to creation, to the Hero Twins, and to war.

In the second part of this page you will find a reading about the murials of Bonampak. It is on these murals that archaeologists have been able to associated Venus with war and sacrifice.

The 2012 date is from the Mayans and the Mayans associated Venus with human sacrifice and war.

As for Timewave Zero - the last Venus transit was around 1980

As I posted in the previous post there was a transit in 2004 and the one before that was in 1882. There was no transit in 1980.

Obviously there's not a solid correlation because the transit always takes 8 years and happens every 110-130 years from the dates as posted.

It's a 243 cycle that varies. Check the following link.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Apologies, I was referring to the "windows" in which the transits happen - look at the dates, they are all 8 years apart*. e.g. 2004 then 2012. Many of the ideas around Venus talk about this whole 8 year period being a transitional one.

If the mayans associated Venus with war and human sacrifice, well, there's a lot of that going on at the moment as well. Also to creation (birth and rebirth) and the Hero Twins (Don't know about them).

*Just noticed this from wikipedia:

1396 November 23 15:45 19:27 23:09 Last transit not part of a pair. Some believe Aztec astronomers may have seen this transit.

Anyone know why they started occurring in pairs 8 years apart? Or was this just due to poor recording/limitations in seeing the transit?

Edit: Nvm I see that they occur in cycles because of the different orbits of the planets. Interesting though that this part of the cycle is happening now.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
i sometimes wonder if celestial bodies are meant to interact violently with each other sparking activities on Planets keeping them alive

maybe its not gravity the force in question but electricity..which charges the molten magma which in turns cause earthquakes and volcanic eruptions

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
One of the claims about Venus is the following:

2. Sunspots stopped immediately after 1631-39.

Here is the list of dates for the transits.

May 24, 1032
Nov 23, 1396
May 25, 1518
May 23, 1526
Dec 7, 1631
Dec 4, 1639
Jun 6, 1761
Jun 3, 1769
Dec 9, 1874
Dec 6, 1882
Jun 8, 2004
Jun 6, 2012

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Two days before the Venus transit there will be a partial lunar eclipse. This aligns the Sun, the Earth, and the Moon. Two days later the Sun, Venus, and Earth are aligned.

Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here is a great resource on the Venus transit.

www.transitofvenus.org...

For the gadget crowd consider this
transitofvenus.nl...
It is a chance to do real science to measure the size of the solar system.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Here is a list of the transit dates that I could easily find.
May 24, 1032
Nov 23, 1396
May 25, 1518
May 23, 1526
Dec 7, 1631
Dec 4, 1639
Jun 6, 1761
Jun 3, 1769
Dec 9, 1874
Dec 6, 1882
Jun 8, 2004
Jun 6, 2012

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
There are many rare events and it is wonderful to be there to enjoy them. I remember seeing Halley's comet many times over a 13+ month period.

The last transit in 2004 was a nail biter. We were caught in a low ground fog trying to find an opening. With time running out there was a break in the fog for a few minutes and we quickly got an image just as Venus came to the edge of the Sun. I asked a small child to point to the black dot which they readily did. I told them this was an event they might never see again and when they got older we all would remind them that they saw Venus pass in front of the Sun.

I hope others take the time to see this event if they are anywhere close to the viewing area on Earth. It's a chance for anyone using relatively cheap materials to be an astronomer. Whatever you are able to see will be way better than anything found later on youtube.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Nothing like that will happen. I have to point on few things and corrections:

At this time of the year Jupiter and Venus can be seen around 6pm or early evening. Venus sets around 8.pm. Mars rises in late evening with Jupiter still on the horizon but about to set, Orion, Canis Major and all constellations around can be seen also in the early evening on the stellar sphere, inluding Taurus and the Pleiades.

Venus I think I remember observing the transition years ago, Venus was a small black disc on the background of the sun's disc. I think I watched it with special sun glasses but I also had a telescope with sun filter back than, I remember the warmth on your eye when looking at the sun.

No earthquakes will happen, how the planets allign towards the sun are not the reason for earthquakes that occured. The gravity of all planets towards the sun - Venus, Mercury is too little to cause any effect on the earth when just passing through the sun's disc as seen frm the Earth

If you don't have a telescope, seeing a black dot on the sun's disc was nothing special..
edit on 24-2-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Watched Venus this evening as it popped in and out of the sight due to patchy clouds. It was really pretty the other night with Jupiter and the crescent Moon.

Not too long till transit date is here.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Transit of Venus with Condoleezza Rice Goddess of Love to "Bright Eyes" (YouTube)

Music video.

5 & 6th June 2012. Photographs of the planet Venus in transit across the face of the Sun. Photographs of Condoleezza Rice.

Set to music "Bright Eyes" by Art Garfunkel.

"Condoleezza Rice for President/VP in 2012/16. Join this group of supporters from everywhere on the world wide web."

Rice for President Yahoo Group

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

That doesn't make any sense that the transit would stop sun spots from appearing, how could any 2 planets coming into alignment cause the physicality of the sun to change. Planets line up with the sun often and have for 5 billion years or so.

It's not that the planet CAUSES anything, or even it's alignment (I could explain why it could be theoretically possible for an alignment to have a huge effect, but maybe some other time).

It's more like - the alignment is a symbol or a sign of a new era in the solar system - like a landmark can be a symbol of you approaching a certain place. The landmark is not CAUSING you to approach that place, but by seeing it, you can be certain, that you are indeed well in the way of approaching it.

The same way the Venus transit serves as a sign that confirms to us that a new era has again begun. It doesn't necessarily -cause- these things in itself (though it is possible for an aligment of this kind to have a cosmic effect - think about how small atoms are, and what huge devastation can be created if they react a certain way).

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Those people have never seen a transit of Venus in their entire lives...

You forget that they may have experienced it previous incarnations.

Besides, it's not what you -see-, it's the effect of it that counts. I haven't seen such a transit either, but it doesn't bother me.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Orions belt?
Probably been answered but, depending on where you live on the planet, you can only see it for half of the year. I can only see it during the cold months. Its not around this time of the year for me. Sucks because its my favourite and its actually nice out during the night but its no where to see. Although the winter skies are much clearer.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

The same way the Venus transit serves as a sign that confirms to us that a new era has again begun. It doesn't necessarily -cause- these things in itself (though it is possible for an aligment of this kind to have a cosmic effect - think about how small atoms are, and what huge devastation can be created if they react a certain way).

Alignments don't cause anything. They are common and happen all of the time depending on how lenient the astrologers want to be about it. The Venus alignment has been used for scientific purposes - to learn about the universe we live in. That is why it is useful.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gostr

There are all sorts of fabulous things to see in the night sky. Right now Saturn is a beautiful sight. Go to a place like astronomy.com and learn what you can enjoy right now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join