It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ows and deathly hallows pt.1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
does anyone else see the common themes of the two.ows sounds alot like owls.then there is the marble statue of the common man being crushed in the vise of magic oppression.or the way the kids escaped to the wilderness to avoid tptb.the symbolism of the nwo and the masonic necklace.is jk rowling fortelling the future?are the harry potter movies actually a code?comments please.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
No.

JK Rowling was homeless as she started writing Harry Potter.

Let me make this very clear because I say this daily.

NOT EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY.

YES! There may be some coincidences. YES! Hollywood has been known for these kinds of things. NO! This is not one of those times. What is it? Perhaps in a fantasy painted world, it's a social commentary on being kid, confused on who you are, your purpose, turns out, your path of life is so important. It's a self-esteem thing. That's why it's marketed towards kids. You know, those things with self-esteem issues and trying to figure out their meanings to their lives? Is it part of the NWO? NO!!!! Because if it's pointing out any similarities, it's because maybe she's aware of some type of TPTB. It's once again, Social Commentary.
edit on 16-10-2011 by Absco because: Dude, peanut butter mayonaise

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by robomont

JK Rowling has simply been playing off of common tropes throughout the Harry Potter series, as well as injecting a bit of social commentary as well. A really basic example would be the whole "mudblood" name and the "Pure blood" families that run throughout the series, which of course is just basic social commentary on racism and elitism.

In this same way, throughout the Harry Potter series (huge fan, i grew up with these books), JK Rowling definitely uses the theme of corruption, and the injustice that a corrupt government, and the fear it forces upon it's society, must be fought against at all will, even if they try to make you out to be a loony. (Ministry of Magic not running any news articles on Voldemort's return/casting Harry as a crackpot)

So while I don't see it as a conspiracy, i will definitely say that when i was in 5-6th grade, around the time i started reading Order of the Phoenix, the book really made me take a closer look at my own government, and actually got me to start healthily questioning authority. This of course being a parallel to the 5th book, which is when the Ministry of Magic truly emerges as an enemy. That book has many parallels to reality, such as how the ministry starts interfering with Hogwarts, sending in "Officials" and setting up ridiculous rules and laws that transform school from a healthy learning environment into a prison-like system of indoctrination (the good students being punished for questioning why the Ministry is interfering, whilst the Slytherin kids are receiving medals for ratting people out.)

Sorry for the long post, when it comes to Harry Potter I rend to ramble. TL;DR: I think the word you're looking for is "allegory", not so much a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Some people will find a conspiracy in a chocolate chip cookie.
It's a sad way to view the world, one to be pitied.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Absco

Star for you!

Seems that OP's these days hardly have anything useful to post, so they start to 'create' some BS conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

I don't necessarily agree with that second part. Yes, some people could find a conspiracy in anything (many do), but i dont think they need be pitied. For example, i love reading everything on this site, even the far-out impossible stuff that you know isn't true.It gets my creative juices flowing. I myself think like this, but it's not the thinking that is controllable, it's what you do with it. I think of tons of ridiculous conspiracies, but i use that and channel it into stories or music, no pity needed.

I mean, i know what you're saying, but i dont think it's as black and white as you make it out to be.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Onix Verumi

Oh, you are right, none of this is anywhere near black and white. It is, however, only worth as much attention as you are willing to give it. The great thing about this site is that it's always been a venue for many varying points of view, and likewise as many different views on each of those.

My own view is that anyone who choses to live under a shadow of fear, be it a fear of disease, oppression, aliens or conspiracies; to me is someone to pity. I don't begrudge them their choices whether I understand it or not.

My own opinions and views, however, are my own. No one has to or should agree with it unless they chose to. That doesn't make any one persons opinion more our less valid than any others, just ”different”. I'm rambling now and have no idea what I was talking about so I'll end here I guess.
edit on 10/17/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

O.T.: Damn, I must be getting tired, I just got trolled by my own avatar. Just swatted my android phone to the floor. Obvious sign is obvious, nuff for me today.
edit on 10/17/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join