It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3rd Mothman / Bat-Like Object Reported Over Chicago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Source

10/14/2011 - unedited: I am currently attending university in Chicago, Illinois and I wanted to respond to the informational flyers about recent events involving the large bat-like creatures. I was enjoying an evening with my girlfriend and taking a well deserved break from my studies. We decided to go out and enjoy the unusually warm weather that we were having and go for a walk. As we walked toward a community park near the campus, we were talking about our classes when a commotion amongst a group of people caught our attention. As we looked toward the group of about 4-5 people, something caught my eye and I looked up to see this thing fly overhead.

It looked like a man; it looked like a man with wings! He flew about 10-12 feet above us and was perfectly silhouetted against the evening sky. In all honestly looked like an immensely oversized Sugar Glider, the kind I would see back home in Tasmania . It had the rough shape of a sugar glider, but its eyes were nothing like the soft eyes of a glider. They glowed red! We saw it for about 4 seconds before it disappeared from view. At first I thought I saw a man in a hang glider, but it was those bloody eyes that made me thing otherwise!

I at first thought of ringing someone, but I didn’t want them to think I had gone crazy. To say that I was Gobsmacked would have been an understatement

Link to First 2 Sightings in My thread.

So now a third turns up.

Does everyone just think there is a possibility that this all could just be bat sightings? I am not to sure I'm non that bandwagon.

With this being the third sighting, either Chicago is having a monster bat migration, or something creepy is going on. As I stated in my first thread, Mothman is one of those stories that just creeps me out and to hear that he could possibly be showing himself again gets me a little on the edge.

Any thoughts?

Pred...
edit on 16-10-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
in before somebody says wing suit even tho the wing span is longer than its whole body.

I dont know what this is but its obv not a human

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Maybe someone had a pet fruit bat that got out....they get huge.
2nd

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Wing span does look a bit wide to be human which makes me think Kite??

Similar to a fruit bat i have heard people say... but in those other photos its just way to big to be a fruit bat. The thing is huge.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Looks like someone has finally had enough. Someone has donned the cloak of the dark knight, the vengeance in the shadows, someone has become BATMAN

Ok, I kid. I don't know what that could possibly be, but until I get some type of video I'd rather call bs on those people rather than worry my head about flying creatures that can wisk people away within seconds.

cj6

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Isnt the Mothman supposed to show up prior to a major natural disaster?? Maybe something like that is gonna happen in Chicago soon, that could explain the sitings.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
hehhe

Batboy from WeeklyWoldNews

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If it's real i know what these are, as I have seen them in a dream. It basically means the earth is about to be harvested.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Very interesting stories. Couldn't help but think of remotely controlled vehicles though. There seems to have been quite a bit of work in some quarters on drones that resemble birds and insects. Why not bats (or moths)? These sightings are within the vicinity of a university; perhaps someone there has the know-how necessary for building something like this:

Flying Beetle

or this:

Artificial Butterfly

Robo-Bats With Metal Muscles

It s well within technological capacity to build a large flying bat-drone.

edit on 19-10-2011 by Nightspore because: to add additional info

edit on 19-10-2011 by Nightspore because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2011 by Nightspore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

Was it Rahm Emmanuel? False Flag going down in Chicago so he can get praise like Rudy G did after 911. Everyone must admit he fought to steal that job similar to how Bush did in 2000.

Peace to all.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

You're studying too hard and beginning to see things that aren't there, that's all.

Get some rest.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I know that I may be late in posting this, but I have a story to share.

In 2005, my husband and I were traveling back home to Ohio from North Carolina and the route we were taking was Highway 35 along the Kanawa River in West Virginia. For those of you who do not know the roads, we had taken I-77 (West Virginia Turnpike) onto I-64 and then US Route 35 at St. Albans into Ohio. We had just gotten to the area of Winfield, West Virginia and it was about 1:30 AM. It was summer and humid at night so I was riding with my window down.

I remarked to my husband that the area we were going through was very creepy and there was very little traffic, that added to the creepiness. My husband slowed down enough to watch for the curves because he was unfamiliar to the area. As I was was watching the various patches of trees and houses that stood by the river, some close and some further, in the moonlight, I had the strangest feeling we were being followed even though no cars were behind us. Suddenly just outside a small patch of trees we were passing, there was a sound of a loud crashing as though a tree had fallen. I sat straight up in the passenger seat and rolled my window up.

The creepy feeling followed us for most of the way home. The next time we went to visit relatives in North Carolina, I told him we were not going back that way again, I said we should go through Kentucky and into Virginia that way. He thought I was acting strange, but the next time we took the different route.

A few years later I was researching things about the area we were in, we actually were not far from Point Pleasant, West Virginia and the home of the famous Mothman. When I thought back to that night, it brought back the same feeling and fear. You have to understand that I did not actually see anything, but whatever was there was very real and scary.

Take my story for what you will, but nighttime in West Virginia can be scary enough. I did not know about the Mothman prior to this but am convinced that whatever the Mothman is, he is something that brings fear. There are things in this world that does not have explanation and the Mothman is one of them.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Thought the movie was interesting years ago.

As for me, it would take a lot more then three sightings to give this much thought. Take a pic, take a video, ask it what it is and record its answer, do something.

But I'm not wasting time worrying about some apparent bat on steroids flying around Chicago. Not with all the other crap going on currently, which actually has some merit to it.
edit on 22-10-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join