It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's another addition to the world wide "Chinese lantern hoax".

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Why are they always in triangular formations of 3?
Because if they were four it would be a quadrangle.

It seems like only 3 people go to these Chinese funerals, usually with 3 giant lanterns and a string. I thought there were more lanterns released than 3 at a time, but I'm an American smart ass and not so learned on Asian customs.
Anyone can use a Chinese lantern, no need to know Asian customs to send up one of those.

PS: In Portugal we used to have some of those in our popular events some decades ago. Hot air balloons have been used for a long time in many countries.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

In Portugal we used to have some of those in our popular events some decades ago. Hot air balloons have been used for a long time in many countries.

My ancestry is from the Azores.... bon dia!

My point was that 90+% of these videos we see are of 3 lights in triangular formations vs. straight lines. And it's always 3 lights, or 100s of them, and in almost every country. Once I thought I saw 4 in one video but I think it was Jupiter mixed in there.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
My ancestry is from the Azores.... bon dia!
Boa noite!

My point was that 90+% of these videos we see are of 3 lights in triangular formations vs. straight lines.
When three appear together, the possibilities of being in a straight line are much less than the possibilities of not being, so I guess it's not that strange. Also (and this obviously speculation, even more than the rest), I think it's likely that the people that posts these videos prefer videos with three or many light, seeing that the "market" wants triangles, so that's what we get.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

More Chinese lanterns here...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I don't understand the idea of 'Chinese lantern hoax' Chinese lanterns are just that, nothing more nothing less, they are not a hoax. Now, if you want to throw up three lanterns, and then create debate on the merits of a flying triangular craft, then the OP's title is correct only in one respect, aka hoax. Three points of light in an evolving motion in any video against a totally contrasting background does not forfill any idea of hoax, but do look for all the world like a few released lanterns, or lit LED balloons for that matter.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Chinese weather ballons fuelled by swampgas. there's your answer.

Seriously though I wouldn't rule out hoaxing here. I'm pretty confident it's not lanterns, but it could be the work of some pranksters with a bunch of Radioshack stuff (rc flying toys, lights etc)., something a bit more elaborate than paper lanterns.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join