It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation north woods vs 9/11 false flag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Here is something I wanted to point out about operation north woods compared to the idea of the 9/11 false flag. And when I've looked over this it makes me think that the proposal of northwoods is not comparable to 9/11 so would ONW even be good evidence. Most of the plans of ONW were nor as severe and involved little deaths, such as making sure the planes they were planning to shoot down were drones with no on board. To make sure no one would die, plus there were no important targets chosen for northwoods where as 9/11 almost 3000 died plus the targets were huge and extremely important to America. Plus at the time trying to remove soviet influence in Cuba would probably rank as more important than the Iraq invasion. So would ONW concept be made far more devastating for a less severe cause. Is ONW good evidence for a 9/11 false flag

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
From my recollection I can recall a passage about "real or simulated" deaths. I cannot remember exactly what it was in reference to.

I think Northwoods is comparable to some aspects of 9/11 and various conspiracy angles.

The main point is the overall picture. That the government would fake attacks and possibly even kill innocents in a bid to drum up support for war, not the minor details involved in it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I get Idea, but the other concept is that if 9/11 was false flag like northwoods it may actualy have been smaller targets not risking something like the pentagon

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

I think it can be looked at both ways.

"If" it were a real attack, why not choose other venues that would likely strike more fear into average Americans? If I were the mastermind of 9/11, and had the resources in place to conduct the attack that took place, the WTC and the Pentagon would not have been my choices.

While on the particular day they may not have been viable, but from an attack and "shock and awe" standpoint, places like arenas or stadiums would have been a choice for me and would be something I think would be more symbolic than the Pentagon or WTC.

4 planes crashing into packed football stadiums would likely cause more deaths, as well as create a much different aspect of fear. I could imagine the repercussions from that echoing still today.

"If" 9/11 were a false flag, and you take into account conspiracy angles involving missing money, and wargames, then the Pentagon makes perfect sense. You (the perpetrators) are able to wipe out evidence of missing money, as well as take out people involved with running wargames used as cover to perpetrate the attacks.

In either instance, a manner of shock and awe was needed to be achieved. Striking small wouldn't necessarily achieve that goal.

As they say, go big or go home.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You could have posted in one of these. Anyway here is more info about northwoods.

Originally posted by connorromanow
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I get Idea, but the other concept is that if 9/11 was false flag like northwoods it may actualy have been smaller targets not risking something like the pentagon

You want big targets for shock and awe. How convenient though that the airplane struck a wing of the Pentagon that was partially closed for renovation.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Those would work to, but I had no idea, I just did a search and hundreds of results came up

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I think regardless of one’s views on 9/11 the Operation Northwood’s proposal document is insignificant.

The public began to become aware of the existence of the 1962 plan for Operation Northwood’s in 1998 and the full document was released in April 2001. If Operation Northwood’s was the blueprint for the alleged 9/11 false flag operation, taking into account that according to some 9/11 conspiracy theorists that this false flag had been in the works since the late 1980’s then why did they ever release the blueprint to the public. If it was a blueprint for the 9/11 false flag there is no way just 5 months before the attack, this document would be buried deeper than any document in the back opp’s files of the government.

If 9/11 was a false flag, it would have been planned from scratch for years, they would not use a blueprint operation that was designed with different objectives in mind just to cut corners. The only real similarity between Operation Northwood’s and the alleged 9/11 false flag is that both were false flags. It is important to remember however that Operation Northwood’s was not the invention of the false flag, it’s just possibly the best known example.

The only thing that 9/11 conspiracy theorists can use Operation Northwood’s for is to show that in the past (almost 50 years ago) the US Government did consider a false flag to justify war by attacking their own people. That word, consider, is important, they shelved the plan as they could not risk a false flag being exposed as it would effectively destroy the American democratic system they were trying so hard to defend. Surly this shows that although they had considered it a feasible covert tactic they understood the risk was so high and that there were other techniques to achieve these objectives and for that reason never went through with it. It shows that the US Government does not (or did not) see false flags as an acceptable tool to implement foreign policy and therefore could be used to turn the argument on its head and use it to show the truthers that the government would not go through with a false flag.

If 9/11 was a false flag, Operation Northwoods has very little to do with anything

top topics

join