It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got conned.... so I called the cops, and they are on it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Yes .... as much as I hate to admit it, I got conned! I thought I'd seen or heard it all in life. WOW! Was I wrong! So this afternoon I went to buy cigarettes and coming out into the parking lot this guy asks me how to get to the airport.... long story short, he conned me into buying some leather jackets!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm pretty street wise. He wanted me to draw cash from the ATM and I refused. I said I could get money from my place, and that he could follow me. He obliged. I went upstairs and did a check if Square One was doing an Armani promotion.

I found THIS, so I thought "wow, this seems legit!"

Boy, was I wrong, and do I feel stupid! This is a scam - see here. So I called the cops, and admitted I was scammed! Yes, I should have know better. But I am man enough to admit I made a mistake. I called the cops, and they will be in contact with me at 9am. I told the lady that they are more than welcome to take the evidence and fingerprint me and the evidence too, so they can distinguish my prints and the perps.

I also gave her the perps Ontario License plate number! I will gladly assist the police in this matter. If anyone else has been affected, or knows someone who has been conned like me, please let me know.

It PAINS me hugely to admit that I was conned like this.... so I share my story here, in the hope that you aren't!
edit on 14-10-2011 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
In these difficult times, take what you can get for cheap.

If you got some product for a lesser price, then so be it. We all could use a good con now and then.

And how were you conned? You bought something from a dude in a parking lot. Did you think it was a legit store front?

Now you're going to give your finger prints after buying something from some guy in a parking lot? I don't understand this at all. What I do understand is that street smarts weren't in play here.

Just saying.

Peace

edit on 15-10-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Jude, I have to agree with you on this one, wholeheartedly; just on principle alone.

OP, If you you're ok with buying merchandise off the street from a stranger, you should also be ok with whatever happens afterwards.
He wanted you to draw from an ATM first? That alone, is a big no-no.
It's too bad he doesn't take refunds, eh?
[In your own words] Take it like a man, brother.

Don't hate the player, hate the game, no? lol

Also, volunteering fingerprints and the like, are rapidly becoming dangers. Especially with the way things are trending these days.

edit on 14-10-2011 by bojimbo because: eh

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
WA, OR, NY and TX all inside two weeks.
Either this guy gets around or their is a network.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I wouldn't have got the police involved. So he got one on you. So what!?!

Has no one here bought some piece of junk on craigslist?

It happens. At least some effort was put into it.

I never give anyone money for anything, and one time downtown a fellow walked up to me asked me "Hey I am trying to raise a down payment for a cheeseburger do you think you could help me out?" Laughed and thought it was clever so I gave the man a dollar and said go get you that cheeseburger.

My point is... yeah you got boned, but the guy obviously put some effort in it, by knowing of the deal that was going on that made you buy into it. So it wasn't just some desperation attempt. It was clever to an extent and he got you. He wins, let it go.

It happens to many people all the time. Best not get mad over things like this. IMO

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Yeah, never volunteer your fingerprints. In fact never, ever speak to the police without a lawyer. Here is why:
Its an American video but much of it applies to Canadians too.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Tell me your kidding you did not really tell a stranger that you have a stash of cash and then show him where it where it is?
Sleep well

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Old scam with a new product. I remember the same MO many years ago but the product was several "fine" Scandinavian speakers left over from a custom install across town...Ran across this one several times about 10-12 years ago in the midwest.
edit on 15-10-2011 by HundredthMonkey because: (no reason given)

top topics

join