It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trivia: The 2nd President to be Impeached

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
SM2

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The whole Clinton impeachment goes alot deeper than the charges of purgery from the whole Monica issue. The reason for the special counsel (kenneth Star right?) was due to the Whitewater real estate scandal, along with the trail of dead bodies from people that were in the know about it. Getting Clinton on the charges of purgery was just like the conviction of Al Capone on tax evasion. They knew the Clintons had commited multiple crimes including embezzlement, fraud, murder the list goes on and on. However, the Clintons are very good at hiding their tracks (this is where the murder comes in) Every piece of evidence asked for was destroyed, and the only thing they could make stick was the purgery charge from the "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

for further research if interested....
whatreallyhappened.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SM2

Yeah. It also had to do with his lying under oath. "It depends on what your definition of is is." The media made it as much about the sex scandals as they could because a lot of people in this country sleep around. As usual, most Americans had no idea what was going on.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The impeachment process goes like this.

One or more people in the House of Representatives will propose an impeachment and provide evidence to support that. Then the Representatives will vote whether or not to Impeach.

If the vote passes, the person is Impeached and sent to a trial by the Senate.

In Clinton's case, he was impeached by the Representatives but acquitted of all charges by the Senate.

The first President to be impeached was Andrew Johnson. But he, too, was acquitted at trial.

The second President would have been Nixon, but he resigned before he could be impeached.

Clinton was impeached on charges of Perjury and Obstruction of Justice.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
I want to know how many of you knew or know that former President Bill Clinton was impeached from the position of POTUS?
But that's where you've got it wrong. He wasn't impeached FROM the position of POTUS. He was acquitted, so he didn't lose office.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by GmoS719

I was not really young. in 1998 I was 19 years old and should have been able to easily remember this event.

Yes, you should have remembered it. It was about the biggest news out there at the time. Huge. Were you living under a rock? I think there is some confusion over "impeach" versus "conviction." Both Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton were impeached, but not convicted. In Johnson's case it was by a single vote.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Nah, not under a rock and I actually remember the while Lewinsky fiasco. I remember people saying he should be ran out of office, but I never remember him actually going to impeachment trial.

I also find it odd that so many people here know or claim to have known without searching the net for the info, while the people I have talked to in my city and asked if they knew Clinton was impeached - worded the same as the trivia card - were also unaware of any impeachment proceedings.

In fact I have asked close to 50 people over the past few days and not even a single person has said they remember the impeachment. That is why I am curious if there is actually a reason why many people may not be aware of this impeachment.

Also makes me wonder if there are any other regions where a lot of people have no idea about the facts of impeachment and/or that he was impeached in any fashion

Also, about the OP. I was readin from a trivia card and it made no distinction on whether he was impeached or was sent to impeachment trials.

The trivia clue is as follows:

2. The 2nd President to be impeached.

So it gives the impression that he was impeached the same as the first presidential impeachment, instead of differentiating from the two situations and the type of impeachment involved in each.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join