It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propose a forum for non members to post in and ask questions.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
" for the users and by the users"

ATS is not run by the users. It's run by an adminstration. I suspect it wouldn't have made it nearly this far if it was run by ATS users (members).

[edit on 30-8-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well, geez, I thought we wer already bringing interesting news to ATS. And, I thought plenty of people sign up each week. And, some lurk for awhile before they join. It's not hard to join, you just need a non-free email acoount.

I really don't understand your reasoning for non-member posting.

Even if it was a good idea, I've been to forums that allow free-for-alls. They are very disorganized and boring. And usually get little traffic.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
" for the users and by the users"

ATS is not by the users. It's run by an adminstration. I suspect it wouldn't have made it nearly this far if it was run by ATS users (members).

By this I meant we make ats what it is. It's ran by the administration but we the members are the website. Without members it would be a empty webpage. What we post and say and do is what makes this site and we the users are the ones who enjoy it not the administration. That is what I meant by for the user by the user.

As far as interesting topics yes on occasion there is. But I have been on ats for close to a year now. A member for a little less. I didn't post for awhile as I was intimidated by it. I just read for a long time. The sujects as you will see is said by many people are being heavily recycled. Some are designed just to see how many replies they can receive or hits they can get. They aren't truly for the purpose of bringing information to us the users.

I come to this site to learn things I don't see in the news. No to read "Hey I was walking home and I Seen this purple blob with 3 eyes. I am sure I wasn't dreaming" THIS was an actual post I read today. True interesting unrecycled content is lacking. There is good material from time to time but you usually got to wait a while to see some.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

By this I meant we make ats what it is. It's ran by the administration but we the members are the website. Without members it would be a empty webpage. What we post and say and do is what makes this site and we the users are the ones who enjoy it not the administration. That is what I meant by for the user by the user.

This is exactly so and I could not agree with you more. Respect to members from ATS adminstration is paramount as it affects the very beast they are adminstrating!

YOu might want to submit an application as a member of DISC. I was dropped from the rooster some time ago and I'm sure there's an open space.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I feel the admistration respects the members very well. They keep this website up very nicely and it's very easy to use. It's just up to us the users to reasearch and dig and find things out. Tons of info is out there. A lot is crap and alot is not. The biggest conspiracys are those that are carried out over long periods of time. Such as the current situation in iraq. I belive the u.s. has been looking for a way to gain control of the region for decades. They just have been manipulating their way to get it.

The true hardcore conspiracys and information about new and interesting discoveries is what I am after. That's why I'm here and will probably remain to do so for quite awhile. Like I said to many people are concerned with getting replies and views. If we have a way to get new members in and keep them in for the long run the better. Maybe a non member posting area is not the best idea but I am sure there has to be something we can do to retain new members.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join