It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New arson attack on Berlin train tracks foiled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

New arson attack on Berlin train tracks foiled

www.boston.com

BERLIN—An attempted arson attack on a railway link in Germany's capital with three separate explosives devices was thwarted Tuesday, police said. It was the third in two days targeting railway operations in and around Germany's capital.
An arson attempt Monday on Berlin's central station using seven bottles filled with flammable liquid bundled together and linked to a fuse was thwarted at the last minute. A similar device exploded in a utility shaft next to a high-speed train line west of..
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.businessweek.com

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Although they could prevent any serious destruction or harm to people so far, nobody knows where this is leading or who really is behind it . I talked to friends in Berlin and most of them are scared of where this could lead. Could the next target be the subway? Well, I hope they find the perps soon...

www.boston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Norway shooter copycat?

Or one of the sleeper cells he spoke of?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
Norway shooter copycat?

Or one of the sleeper cells he spoke of?

Anything is possible, but I don't think so. It seems to be some group that named itself after a volcano:

In a message posted on a leftist website, a group calling itself Hekla Reception Committee -- Initiative for more Eruptions in Society claimed responsibility, saying it was targeting railway operations to protest Germany's roles in the Afghanistan war and as an arms exporter. The group's name is an apparent reference to Iceland's Hekla volcano.

edit on 11-10-2011 by HedyLamarr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join