It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People from [Country] should/should not travel to [Country] and why

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I was reading a thread in another forum about how one person was saying Americans are treated very badly in Italy (which I don't know to be true or not true), but it made me think it would be great if we had some more information from our informed members here about where it would be a good idea or bad idea to travel. I've always wanted to visited many places around the world, but know that being an American might make certain culturally interesting locations a bad idea.

But, using the formula above, I'd love to hear anything you know personally or have heard.

One thing I've heard often is that Americans are treated very well in Germany and Eastern Europe, but not so much in the Mediterranean bordering nations of Europe.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Speaking as an American living in New Zealand, it's a great place for Americans to visit - they speak English too. Pretty country, great climate - you can afford a sea view or even living on the sea in some places. Even if some are not thrilled with Americans, they don't take it out on you personally. Most are quite cheery to hear I'm from America. I've been in the most "dodgy" areas that exist here, in which case you do lock the car, but that's about it. I recall seeing it listed on Wikipedia as one of the most safest countries.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Yes come over to Germany! We got some nice citys here and good places..The Germans like the Americans, we just dont like your politics and your goverment

by the way, how late is it in America right now?
Over here its 7:40 in the morning

edit on 11-10-2011 by Anunaki2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Slap a Canadian flag on your backpack and you'll be safer anywhere in the world than if you're wearing anything that identifies you as American.

But seriously, the majority of the places i've been to (Germany, Italy, Czech, Holland, Switzerland, to name a few) are usually very open and accepting if you make a little effort to embrace their culture, food and lifestyle... Too many Americans (and Australians too) travel expecting things to be like they are "back home".

Keep an open mind, smile a lot - you'll be fine.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
being the coolest society on the planet has its perks
www.lovelyish.com...
we may vote like were deaf dumb and stupid but..well.. whatever

having never left the country i expect its nothing but love the world over, except somalia..sudan..mexico..cuba..el salvador...pakistan..north korea..brazil..yugoslavia..ukraine..bosnia..kazakhstan..uzbekhistan..mongolia..etc etc

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

i have heard that germany is one of the most american-friendly places in europe, but i have to say i really do not think americans deserve that because they are (well maybe not all but many ignorant ones) still calling them "nazis" even though most germans are one of the least racist people i have met, definatly by far less racist than the average american

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I was just in Israel on a military tour trip with a company called LionOps and everyone there loved Americans!

new topics

top topics

join