It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul McCartney marries again......so what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
For a few days, the news has briefly mentioned he'll marry today and now they've mentioned it as one of the main headlines in between the Dr Fox controversy and the Libyan rebels finally moving into Sirte to get back their country from Gaddafi's last stronghold.

Excuse me for a second but a guy getting married is news now?

If it was anyone else it wouldn't even be considered in the news room but because it's a multi-millionaire former member of probably one of the most overrated bands in history, they're able to do a 5 minute report on it.

I just don't get it.

And no, please no "it's a distraction" posts because there's nothing to distract us from.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It might have something to do with him being the BIGGEST living pop icon??

I can appreciate it's not real news for some. I feel the same way about the Jackson Trial, but unforunately it is rammed down our throats. Everytime you turn over to Sky News during the week we are having to watch legal arguments, witnesses in the box and continuous close ups of his Doctor.

Really, how does this effect my life?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The world doesn'l always have to be about politics and war. He's a massive icon, who influenced and inspired millions. I think there's enough time in the world to cover trivial happenings in the world.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
the real paul macartney died in the late 50's or early 60's because he couldn't play guitar if his life depended on it and it did. he was replaced by this guy, who is a reptilian shapeshifter like the rest of the beatles.

there is absolutely no proof of this however.

i agree and i hope for a world where people didn't lower themselves by following the lives of other people because they can play guitar or sing.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
there is absolutely no proof of this however.

Because it's bull#. People still belive the McCartney is dead hoax?

I'm sorry but if the story was truth, we would know it after all those decades and the story is so far out, with the Beatles leaving clues (Yeah, the perfect way to hide a big story is by leaving a billion of clues, if anything the McCartney is dead hoax started as a joke and the Beatles jumped into it playing along and they did a very fine job)

And the story makes the headlines because McCartney is a person who managed to achive something, has a legacy that everybody would want to have (and the money he made of course too) so lower people are interested in how those 'rich and famous' people live.

I can't much say except that i was surprised to learn that his new wife is 51. She looks a lot younger and is really good looking. If they're both really in love, than i just hope for the best. McCartney was never a good person (cheated) but went through a lot of # with the dead of Linda and such, so i wish him the best. After all, he gave us some awesome music, even though i'm not a great Beatles or Wings fan.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Paul McCartney marries again......so what?

The irony is, i didn't know he was or has married again, till i see your thread.

Thanks for informing us all on this.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Since when did celebrity weddings NOT make headlines?

And, he's an A-lister, a member of one of the most successful and revered bands of all time (God only knows why...I never cared for their stuff that much...
). I actually think the band members' solo work is better than they were together, but that's just me probably.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I know and his music sucks also.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

that makes no sense what so ever - appologies - but it doesnt

you claim the " real " paul mccartney ` could not play the guitar ` - ok if we accept that as fact - by does it matter - i cannot play the guitar either - but i am still here

my point is -

1 could he sing ?

2 could he write music / lyrics ?

if the answer to both those is yes - why does he need to play the guitar ??????????????

many bands had a lyead singer [ no instrument ]

why is guitar so important , i dont understand

the next point - if he could neither play guitar , sing , or songwrite

why would the beatles invite him into the line up ???????????

i cannot remember the name of the guy - but they ditched one guy - why not ditch mccrartney too ?????????????

thats what i dont understand - the entire premise of the argument seems to be that the beatles were dependant on having a man called paul mcartney - why ???????????????

new topics

top topics

join