It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to interview more people at Occupy Wall Street NYC this Sunday, what should I ask them, ATS?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Okay guys, I am going back down to OWS at Liberty Plaza on Sunday again for my second video interview. What do you think I should ask these protesters, and to whom in particular (demographic-wise) should I look to interview and why?

Several lucky ATS memebers will have their question asked by me. Keep em coming!

My video interview inside Occupy Wall Street NYC

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Terces_Pot_Evoba

Ask protestors if they have ever considered going to K-Street in Washington, DC. That's where the lobbyists are.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ask them if they are willing to march on the doorstep of NYSE? The NASDAQ is a BIG building so that wouldn't do any good. Also, ask them if they can pull Jim Cramer outside and hang him by his underwear on a light pole for entertainment as us traders would luv to see that.

Tell them to go to CNBC headquarters and protest on their front doorstep as that will get their attention.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What effect would you say the media has had on the youth of today?
This question could easily spin off with different forms of media, for example, Video games, Main stream music, Movies, Television programming, MSM and the Internet.

If you ask the question for me I am hoping that we will hear some positive things about the internet although we can obviously expect a lot of negative comments about the media for the most part and these feelings are well warranted when you look at how the media has been used for expanding influence. Especially considering the damage that has been done to our youth through it and society as a whole.

Another question?

Do you think lack of parenting is a serious issue in society today and why?

I'm trying to think a bit outside the box here.. obviously loads of people are running around with video camera's asking people why they are there. I commend you for for your work though! Keep the documentation and original questions going dude!

Would be cool if you could ask one of my questions as I would love to be there but unfortunately cannot.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'd like to know....If this protesting lasts longer than a few months...How long are most protesters willing to stick it out during the winter season?? Will everyone go home once the ice and snow hit? Or, will everyone just bundle up and pray for a warm winter?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ask them what they know about the Federal Reserve Bank and ask them who creates the money. Then ask them who makes the price of living go or down. If they still are clueless, ask them what wallstreet does. Who works for wallstreet and the Federal Reserve Bank.If they still don't know, wake them up to the fact that The Fed is the root of the problems in this country and NOT the puppet theatre we call wallstreet.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Obviously you should ask them THE most asked question that is asked right here on ATS.

Are you a paid disinfo agent? If not when did you stop working as one?

Unless your the disinfo agent?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blue_fish

Great question, I think I will ask this one. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ask them what they're "For".

I am very skeptical of *any* movement whose whole agenda is "against", whether it be the "I'm voting for Obama because he's NOT GEORGE BUSH!" crowd, or the "I'm voting Republican in '12 because they're NOT OBAMA!", or any other "I'm against it" movement.

An amusing story from my childhood is relevant here. I grew up on a farm, and one of our dogs had a habit of chasing every single car, truck, tractor, or any-bloody-thing else that drove past our house. One afternoon, one of our neighbors, noticing that there was no other traffic in sight (not an uncommon thing in rural Missouri), and seeing said dog tearing across the yard at high speed, hit his brakes. The look on my dog's face was utterly priceless. He'd finally CAUGHT one of those noisy contraptions...and had NO idea what to do with it.

You're probably thinking Brother Stormhammer's gone senile and rambling (some of my co-workers might agree, and my wife is nodding vigorously in the background, but that's another story), but my point is simple. Assuming that the "Forces of Occupy Wall Street" actually "win" (though I have yet to hear what they'd consider a win), what will they do with the system? If the answer is "reform it", I want to know how. If the answer is "replace it", I want to know "with what". In short, tell me what you're *for*, tell me what you're *building*, not what you're against and what you're destroying.

Ask them that, please.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Ive been with ows since day one. Ive been there literally every day for the past 21 days only spent 2 or 3 nights away. in response, there is already an occupy dc underway.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
Ask them if they are willing to march on the doorstep of NYSE? The NASDAQ is a BIG building so that wouldn't do any good. Also, ask them if they can pull Jim Cramer outside and hang him by his underwear on a light pole for entertainment as us traders would luv to see that.

Tell them to go to CNBC headquarters and protest on their front doorstep as that will get their attention.

There are a lot of people to get a temperature check on marching on the nyse but i think we're all down I know i am. And no stringing people up on light poles not even the 1% we are peaceful this is not jim crow south

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I have a question...

Ask them How they wish the change to happen.

What do they want to replace it with.

If someone says destroy the fed... that is not enough... who will take over the jobs that the fed does.
If they say no one they don't know what the frak they are talking about, they are just repeating sheeple.
The fed does have certain jobs that are needed.

Sheeple are on both sides of the fence now....

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
What effect would you say the media has had on the youth of today?
This question could easily spin off with different forms of media, for example, Video games, Main stream music, Movies, Television programming, MSM and the Internet.

If you ask the question for me I am hoping that we will hear some positive things about the internet although we can obviously expect a lot of negative comments about the media for the most part and these feelings are well warranted when you look at how the media has been used for expanding influence. Especially considering the damage that has been done to our youth through it and society as a whole.

Another question?

Do you think lack of parenting is a serious issue in society today and why?

I'm trying to think a bit outside the box here.. obviously loads of people are running around with video camera's asking people why they are there. I commend you for for your work though! Keep the documentation and original questions going dude!

Would be cool if you could ask one of my questions as I would love to be there but unfortunately cannot.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

1. I was ten when the towers fell. I was a victim of george bushes fear campaign so personally the mainstream media has had quite an affect on me to the point where i stopped doing school work for fear of death-by-nuke. Im well off enough to have a diverse taste in music mostly non-modernmainstream. Video games can be an art form (The elder scrolls for example) but yes they must be taken with a grain of salt for in excess they become another media distraction. The internet has been crucial in our movement for the media lies and still is misquoting us left and right especially in the first few days.
2. Lack of parenting is a very serious issue. My parents were barely there emotionally in my life and it contributed severely to my depression. It sucks when your parents only care about their own personal issues and never take the time out of their day to ask what those strange muddy blood stains are on your shirt (:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue_fish
I'd like to know....If this protesting lasts longer than a few months...How long are most protesters willing to stick it out during the winter season?? Will everyone go home once the ice and snow hit? Or, will everyone just bundle up and pray for a warm winter?

We've been talking about that, ive heard rumors a mt.everest expedition team wants to donate materials but that wouldnt be enough to keep a lot of us there. Im sure many will leave but the first night there were only 30 of us there so thats all we need during winter. I will personally be there as long as it takes although i dont think we collectively have a solid plan for snow ):

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

As them how much money they get each month from either the government or mommy and daddy. Then ask them when the last time they worked an 8 hour day. Finally ask them what was the longest period where they were steadily employed.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RowdyAmerican1
Ask them what they know about the Federal Reserve Bank and ask them who creates the money. Then ask them who makes the price of living go or down. If they still are clueless, ask them what wallstreet does. Who works for wallstreet and the Federal Reserve Bank.If they still don't know, wake them up to the fact that The Fed is the root of the problems in this country and NOT the puppet theatre we call wallstreet.

There is a very large widespread understanding of the fed. We are angry at the wall street CEOs funding their bonuses with our cash. There are many issues we at ows believe need to be adressed and you'd have to get everyones individual response to know whos there for what but yeah theres lots of "end the fed"ers myself included

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

As them how much money they get each month from either the government or mommy and daddy. Then ask them when the last time they worked an 8 hour day. Finally ask them what was the longest period where they were steadily employed.

i actually just got home from an 8 hour day, have been working at this place for a year now and my parents abandoned me (:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer
Ask them what they're "For".

Again it comes down to the individual. Everyone is here for different reasons NYC is a very diverse place. We are united under one common theme however that the richest of the rich mostly wall street types have made money by taking it from us and they made billions. Unfair.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas

I have a question...

Ask them How they wish the change to happen.

What do they want to replace it with.

If someone says destroy the fed... that is not enough... who will take over the jobs that the fed does.
If they say no one they don't know what the frak they are talking about, they are just repeating sheeple.
The fed does have certain jobs that are needed.

Sheeple are on both sides of the fence now....

This is actually a very good question one of the better ones i've heard. i guess what we're doing is how we expect change to happe. I used to think it was impossible to escape this system but the little community we've set up in lower manhattan betwixt the federal reserve building and ground zero has become our escape. we have achieved direct democracy everyones voice can be heard at the general assembly if they have an issue to address. We have medical stations and free food for the hunger. We even have a table where people roll free cigarettes. This is change. This isnt a protest this isnt a demonstration this is revolution.

new topics

top topics

join