It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The masses are waking up...let us not forget the few!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
What can we blame for most of the problems of society?

No no, forget capitalism, capitalism isn't perfect but it's not the main problem.
Is it money? Well,not exactly. A money system can work if the system is well defined.
We could blame the elite...getting closer but they are only humans and it's not exactly their fault.

I would say most of the world's and society's problems are because we never incarcerated elitism.

Elitism is selfish, discriminating, weak, non-evolved, unjust, jealous, leads to corruption and is
based on the lack of self esteem. Someone who lives by elitism is afraid of being inferior and is
afraid of having to work harder to reach the top.
They fear that their skill might not stand out above the crowd so they prefer to keep secret knowledge to have less chances of failing to someone with simply more skills and/or is more intelligent.
If elitism was banned long ago and seen has counter-productive, the human civilization would
globally be more evolve and these same people, elitists, would be even more evolved today since
everyone would follow an evolution curve.
Of course, not all of them would still be on top of the world. The people there would be
even better at what they do because elitism wasn't a factor that got them up there in the first
place.

I've been doing some thinking with the protests going on theses days and it's interesting to see how
much people are actually waking up and know that it's time for change. All theses years and finally
the 98% of the poorest people on earth are beginning to understand that the system is unfair.

I ain't saying it's not good progress, it certainly is!

But what if it's the 2% we need to wake up?

Make them see how elitism is counter-productive, it is not a way to benefit mankind anymore like
they are manipulated to believe.
How keeping knowledge secret makes the path to enlightenment much slower for them too.
Make them understand that all races are much stronger together then apart.
Make them feel like the war is over, the grudge is over.
That we would forgive in order for every intelligent sentient being to evolve in happiness.
How being fair and good to everyone brings serenity and security.
Make them understand how rewarding it is to work harder or be better then someone else to reach a
higher goal, being a self made man and women. ( or reptile, who knows ^^ )

I know it sounds cheesy but I would go to war armed with love, hugs and kisses.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Elitism creates winners and losers. Elitists themselves justify their elitism by saying it makes the lesser people strive to be better. Just to have these ideas of lesser people and elite people is divisive and dangerous.

Think about it a second. Has a non elitist culture ever been tried? Of course.

Has an elitist-hierarchical culture ever survived? No. The lessers always overtake the elite. Always. Every time.

So for elites to maintain their power they must make concession to us like beer, TV, sugar, prescription drugs and all thsoe other things that make us turn our heads when they steal another million dollars from us.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
Has an elitist-hierarchical culture ever survived? No. The lessers always overtake the elite. Always. Every time.

That's true but maybe we should break this cycle since taking over means the next elitist group will probably again be secretive.

It also feels a bit dumb to try something that has failed so many times! Maybe there's a better way no?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

The best way is to go back to basics, find some like minded people and try and dissapear into the hills and live with nature like our ancestors did.

The only way to win the game is to not play the game

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius

The best way is to go back to basics, find some like minded people and try and dissapear into the hills and live with nature like our ancestors did.

The only way to win the game is to not play the game

Well escape is impossible and cowardly. Instead, why not turn around and fight the problem?

There are tons of solutions to the problems we're having. The easiest and most logical is to reform government from the top down...using people from the bottom. We should have random appointments to all government positions. Random and include EVERYONE, just like jury duty. The effect would be many but initially itd be this:

1- People would actually be representing their friends and family. No more rich people governing the poor. A truly representative government represents all classes. We could wrestle our government back from corporations and instill a government truly OF, BY AND FOR THE PEOPLE.

2- Government officials would have to go BACK INTO SOCIETY and face the people they just governed. This is so incredibly important that I can't even begin to describe. The rich criminal class we elect into office nowadays protect each other. Its a club. And you're not in it. When they leave office they dont have to face OUR accusations and charges, they face their rich criminal friends who have commited the same criminal acts. And they're all criminals. You dont get super rich without breaking the law. So, the rich govern each other because they all KNOW they're all criminals. When someone gets out of line they merely expose the crimes that they've all done: insider trading, philandering, racketeering, monopolizing. The rich are held in line by secret crimes and we need to stop turning our heads and actually do something about it.

3 - We ALL would have the DUTY to educate ourselves and each other. Education is the only way a society moves forward and the ones in power right now know this. So they discourage us from even learning about the policies and laws that govern our lives. Random appointments would eliminate this. It would make everyone accountable and therefore everyone would have to become educated because you never know when your number will get called.

Some people may say that people are too dumb to lead the country but if you think this you've been had. So we can get put on a jury where we can sentence another human being to death but we're too dumb and irresponsible to manage the country? Cmon, how much worse can it be? We're getting screwed day in day out by the people we've chosen to protect us. Well how about we protect each other by demanding random office appointments, just like jury duty. One obnoxiously simple solution to a whole sh*tload of problems
edit on 4-10-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Excuse me? Impossible and Cowardly? I would love to know how putting the middle up to society and living like a properly FREE man, off the land like ALL of our ancestors did is Cowardly? and Impossible? pfffffffffft, all you need is to learn a few basic skills like firemaking and catching/hunting animals, a knife and a sleeping bag and your good to go.

What you are saying is what Society has instilled in you, that Government is the be all and end all of humanity, yet again, pffffffffffft to you sir, open your eyes.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

I think he's just saying your a coward because you would hide selfishly instead of helping around, which is a true statement considering the way you said it.

Really sucks that my thread never got popular, I guess I'm not really good making an attractive titles.
edit on 5-10-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Fair enough i suppose, never been too great at getting my point across the way I mean it

Yeh tis a shame, dont worry though, I liked it

new topics

top topics

join