It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, and a question for ats members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Hi i am new, but i have a question for you.

I have been following the forum for some time, its really informative and does break the big news before the main stream media does, but i have this one bugging issue.

Why is it that very often (take the most recent 26-27th september dates), we have these doom mongers on here talking almost like they WANT a disaster to happen, they will quote some external source or youtube poorly presented video about how `im not a fear mongerer but its too much of a coincidence for all this to be happening on those dates, so something must be going down`, and gradualy the thread picks up 10-15-20 pages full of people saying `wow your right, somethings going to happen i have this horrible feeling`.

Anyway, obviously as normal, the 26-27th `dates` passed by, nothing occured whatsoever.
But where are these thread starters to say `woops i was wrong sorry`, nowhere to be found!
Instead they are off lurking waiting for the next date which they have a `bad feeling about`.

I`m so fed up of prediction and date threads. Every week theres a new doom date, you would think people literally want something to happen the way they go about it.

Does anyone share my opinion on this?
Oh and nice to be here by the way

edit on 4-10-2011 by admiralbiggles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Well eventually one of them will get the date right and they'll be no one left to congratulate him or her on thier successful prediction.
edit on 4-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Yeah i have the same problem with all the Obama threads ,but you dont have to click on them.Its not rocket science

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Welcome admiral, I'm new too, and I also wonder about these things. If you find out anything, let me know, alright? Good luck in your search.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by admiralbiggles

they all want to be known as "THE ONE WHO PREDICTED such and such disaster" so hey their willing to take that 1 in 1million chance and maybe theyll be right.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I was confused by these doom mongers too

I guess that its a form of denial basically... its just easier to speculate about doom events in the near future which are beyond our control, than facing todays problems and their implications and actually do something about it.

If a comet ends all mankind next month, why bother to solve this months issues?

I also noticed that alot of these doom mongers are US Citizens, so maybe there is a connection to the general atmosphere of fear spread by the US media.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
hi op

i think a few people on here know whats coming but not sure when
the only example i can think of is this

imagine the earth being a dog
and us humans are the fleas on its back
if we dont get rid of the fleas
the dog will scratch and scratch till it bleeds
so we kill the fleas but not all of them
some escape
this could be a future scenario
just my thoughts
dave

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
i take doom and gloom predictions over the ATS religious nuts anyday.

the doomers you dont have to click on but the religious types just makes my blood boil on how ignorant they are.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
yes but where are these fear mongers when their `date` passes and nothing happens?
nowhere to be seen!

you know how often do you see OMG SEPTEMBER 27TH SOMETHING GOING DOWN IN DENVER (just example), nothing happens and meh

shouldnt the fear monger at least apologise or own up `hey i was wrong`?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527

they all want to be known as "THE ONE WHO PREDICTED such and such disaster" so hey their willing to take that 1 in 1million chance and maybe theyll be right.

yeh whos that youtube girl whom a thread pops up about her every couple of months?
shes known as the `girl who predicted fukashima ` (amongst her 9000 other prophecies which havent come true)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Hi and welcome to ATS.
actually it is my belief that some actually do want something to happen. Some maybe because they feel it would be like hitting the big reset button for mankind and we can start over. Some are probably just bored and wants anything "cool" to happen to help ease the boredom. Although ive never been bored and hoping for doomsday to end that boredom, I have caught myself sometimes hoping someone does push that big reset button for us, thinking starting over has to be better than being slowly destroyed by my government and its corporate masters.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
"No news like bad news."

I know,a tired old colloquialism.I couldn't help myself.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
well thanks for all your replies guys

top topics

join