It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAPPENING NOW! States To Financially Break Away From Federal Government---Utah Monetary Declaration

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Is Utah the first state to break from FEDS? PROOF!

See for yourself.. Utah is the FIRST state to declare its self FREE from Feds... this is in the works now.. Folks America is CHANGING BEFORE OUR EYES.. this is history! in the making.

Hey, Obama.. maybe this is the change.. you meant? LOL hope you like it!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Do you have any sources on this story that aren't from YouTube? I don't doubt that it's legit, but you can never be too careful. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I hope this is true, and im not even in America...Finally the people of America are awakening and nothing can stop it
this makes me happy.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

You could always do a little investigation yourself!

utahmonetarysummit.com...

OP: good find! It will be interesting to see how this plays out
edit on 10/3/2011 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

www.infowars.com...

______beforeitsnews/story/1168/277/States_to_Financially_Break_Away_from_Federal_Government---Utah_Monetary_Declaration.html

Not very persuasive evidence this is very meaningful.
edit on 3-10-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   
Ummm it's an email on a youtube video...like not even to utah.gov just personal email. There's nothing here, sorry OP.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
Do you have any sources on this story that aren't from YouTube? I don't doubt that it's legit, but you can never be too careful. Thanks!

Considering the source from the YouTube video is BeforeItsNews, I do doubt that it's legit

Either way, it'd been nice to have some "real" proof!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You know its legit if the Texan's pull out....until then im going to hold my breath =)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

do some research guys!

utah.gov

ny times

Forbes

Forbes #2

demint.senate.gov...
edit on 10/3/2011 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well if this was just an signing of an un enforcable "declaration" made for this conference I have no Idea, though probably as an Publicity stunt?

Surely if it breaks from the fed and the proposals were in force state wide the government money would stop also immediately, an interesting and very quick road to civil break down?

Though I do advocate a break from the Fed the only way is at an Government level, ie the Us government printing its own money, like Kennedy & Lincoln wanted to do, and mysteriously died ahem.

Anyhow whatever the providence of this meeting and document some interesting people were there:

Representative Phil Hart has been serving in the Idaho Legislature since 2004. He is currently in his fourth term, serving on the Judiciary Rules Committee and the Transportation and Defense Committee.

Kenneth (Ken) R. Ivory, Esq., represents Utah's 47th District in the State House of Representatives. He has been described as "a bright mind and articulate communicator who benefits from an enormous catalog of knowledge ... amassed from his life experience."

Curtis ("Curt") S. Bramble was elected to the Utah State Senate in November 2000. He currently serves as chair of the Interim Joint Tax & Revenue Committee which is tasked by the recently passed Utah Legal Tender Act to: (1) study the possibility of establishing an alternative form of legal tender for the payment of debts, public charges, taxes, and dues within the state; (2) recommend whether legislation should be drafted to establish an alternative form of legal tender; and (3) prepare any monetary reform legislation for consideration by the Legislature during the 2012 General Session.

Dr. Olivier Ledoit obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from Ecole Polytechnique in Paris, France in 1990, a Master’s Degree in Economics and Statistics from ENSAE (Ecole Nationale de la Statistique et de l’Administration Economique) in Paris in 1992, and a PhD in Finance from MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1995.

From 1995 to 1998 he was a Finance Professor at UCLA’s Anderson School of Management. He then moved from academia to industry and joined Credit Suisse First Boston, becoming Managing Director and Head of Global Statistical Arbitrage in the Equity Proprietary Trading Division, based in London (Great Britain). He took early retirement from CSFB in March 2008 to become Permanent Research Fellow in the Economics Department of the University of Zurich. Dr. Ledoit still serves on the Systematic Trading Advisory Board of Credit Suisse Asset Management.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

What a crappy video. The woman scrolled so fast in the video I could have been looking at the loan agreement for the local Piggly Wiggly. I hope her other 630 videos are better than that.

Here's a link so mortal men can read it.

Utah Monetary Declaration

Here is the actual link to the Legal Tender Act;

Legal Tender Act

edit on 3-10-2011 by Ittabena because:

Damn link, took me four tries to get it to work right. Aargh! Where is my coffee?

(no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is my home state.

Here is a link to the bill itself.

To clarify, this bill does NOT establish alternative currency, but rather establishes a premise under which an alternate currency can be studied and perhaps implemented in the future.

Read the bill, it's short.

ETA:

For those of you who don't like to click links:

Section 4. Section 59-1-1504 is enacted to read:
61 59-1-1504. Revenue and Taxation Interim Committee study.
62 The Revenue and Taxation Interim Committee shall during the 2011 interim:
63 (1) study the possibility of establishing an alternative form of legal tender for the
64 payment of debts, public charges, taxes, and dues within the state;
65 (2) recommend whether legislation should be drafted to establish an alternative form of
66 legal tender; and
67 (3) prepare any legislation that the Revenue and Taxation Interim Committee
68 recommends in accordance with Subsection (2) for consideration by the Legislature during the 69 2012 General Session.

edit on 3-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Looks like the real deal to me. At this point though it may be only symbolic, but it's a symbol of the state of Utah's pessimistic, albeit realistic, view on the state of the governments financial stability. Utah is basically making sure that when the federal govenment financially collapses, and it will, that they will be ready with their own monetary system that will keep Utah breathing.

There are people out there who need to stop thinking that individual states will collapse without the financial aid of the federal government. Think about it. Where does all the money come from that goes to projects like maintaining federal highways and welfare programs? Taxpayers who pay their federal income tax. We the people pay for these things. If states have their own monetary systems based on gold and silver, why have a middle man like the federal government, when you can take the money that you were going to pay the feds come April 15, and pay your state instead?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Though I do advocate a break from the Fed the only way is at an Government level, ie the Us government printing its own money, like Kennedy & Lincoln wanted to do, and mysteriously died ahem.

I have to agree with "elf" here. This is no break, this only a "We ain't happy!" declaration. Rather impotent if you ask me, what we need is action not a declaration. Utah is locking the barn door now that the horse is gone here. A lot too late for this.

If Utah isn't happy they should join the club. We have monogrammed satin jackets!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm not convinced that this will go anywhere....if you recall the big uproar with the 10th amendment and states declaring their "sovereignty" not too long ago...it caught on quick but died just as quickly.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

To clarify, this bill does NOT establish alternative currency, but rather establishes a premise under which an alternate currency can be studied and perhaps implemented in the future.

Agreed, but our point is that the headline of the thread is misleading, very misleading!

Misleading headline, no link = no S+F. Video promises link it does not provide = Meh, perhaps she should slow down on posting videos until she gets each one right. Inexactitude is unforgivable in such matters!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

This is progressive legislation that will help keep my state's head above water when, inevitably, the manure hits the spinning wind-mover.

Laws are not enacted without careful research and planning. This is legislation to begin that research and planning. It is a necessary step toward enacting a law. More than simple symbolism, in my humble opinion. For this to be truly successful more states will need to adopt similar legislation and alternate currencies that are exchangeable with other states.

The original bill was passed last month, I believe. I haven't heard a peep about it in the local news or papers.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

This is progressive legislation that will help keep my state's head above water when, inevitably, the manure hits the spinning wind-mover.

Actually after spending ten years working for the Illinois State Legislature I can tell you that this is a do nothing declaration... In that it does nothing. You can put a pretty dress on it if you like but it does nothing. It is the Utah State Legislature making an official pouty lip, no more.

The original bill was passed last month, I believe. I haven't heard a peep about it in the local news or papers.

And that is proof of the validity of my previous statement. If it were exciting at all someone in the network would have picked it up. It is a way for the sitting legislators to save face for re-election purposes. Legislators getting "nervous in the service".

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
OK, perhaps THIS particular piece of legislation is *mostly* symbolic, but it does appoint a study to investigate a currency other than the USD.

Just like the legislation that set up the so called "Super Committee." The bill itself does very little, but opens a door to and indicates intent toward something more substantial.

Will something come out of it? Only time will tell.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

There are people out there who need to stop thinking that individual states will collapse without the financial aid of the federal government. Think about it.

If States were not addicted to the financial teet of Federal bribe money, they would act more like the Sovereign Governments they were intended to be, and not like the Federal lap dogs they have become. I do applaud the fact that Utah took a baby step. However the economy is not baby stepping away from us, it is running away like a train with no brakes on a steep downgrade. Meanwhile Mormon preachers are telling their flocks to have two years of food stored in their houses. Makes you think...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join