It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Wall St. Stimulus Package A Gift From Revolutionaries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Just a little friendly devil's advocate here, but isn't the 20,000+ (depending on source) a fantastic way to jolt the New York economy? I wonder how much business McDonald's is doing while the protestors are enraged and chanting about corporate greed. I wonder how many coffee shops, cafe's and diners are struggling to keep up with their surge in customer bases, and how many yuppies are running on the figurative treadmill without even realizing it. Probably 20,000+, if you ask me.

Personally, if any state starts asking for a bailout, this is the kind we can both benefit from.

I want to recall the words of Bill Hicks on marketing at times like these. Youtube it.
edit on 2011/10/2 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
So your theory is that 'occupy wall street' is a clever marketing program meant to bring broke hippies to spange on the streets of NYC?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

how many yuppies are running on the figurative treadmill without even realizing it.

You make a very good point. All I would say is that this statement above may show that you may have negative opinions of these people, whether they eat at McDonalds or not.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
McDonald's or any store, it's not like they can go off in the woods and gather food, it's NYC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure most people are going to shell out in a week what the average person pays in a month. I don't see enough kitchens to support that amount of people, man I need to invest in a hot dog vendor short term, and then hedge it right before the protests are over.

I should be an elite.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
stimulus not even close considering the billions that are being spent on the police and lost business traffic

and those who arent spending remember now those people are the poor and downtrodden and those who were burning their cash.

not so much as a gift in this personas opinion.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Don't forget all the billions of dollars that are given to other country's. Money we don't have to give but are pledged to these countries. Man all of the billions given away why? We the people have no controll on our own money anymore or goverment, and let those Donkeys & Elephants get away with It, and run our country. Something has got to happen soon in our favor. Lets start new regulations in goverment and make them pay for there own health insurance, everything, including there pensions, and also the SS they get to when they leave office. We the people have to get together on the same page and doit now. All of the family, relatives, friends of each on on the payrolls in goverment to, it starts to add up. They all get a nice hefty retirement and free health care for the rest of there life.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
That's disgusting! I sure hope they won't eat at McDonald's.
They need to stay in good health, it's only just begun.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Okay, lets say that each person in the Occupy Wall Street protests (20,000 estimation) order a $5 meal from Mcdonalds. That would mean that in the 16 days they have been there, Mcdonalds have made $1.6 million. That sounds like a lot but you have to remember that Mcdonalds is a multibillion dollar corporation. That $1.6 million is almost pocket change to them. Not to mention that the last time I checked, the Wall Street protestor numbers were more in the 10,000's, so, for the time being, you can cut that number in half. Also factor in the people that were smart enough to bring their own food, and the constant donations of food being given, that $1.6 million shrinks even more. These protests are the real deal, no corporate scheme behind this one.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
They have a cafe, The have food donated constantly. Im sure some of them go to mcdonalds. But im also sure there is a surge in the local business sector more than mcdonalds.

Local coffee shops, etc. Its mostly relied on the food they have. Seems to be working out alright.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
These are a bit like snow-warnings down south, certainly they are big economic boosts. The city loves this, they have to be. Throngs mean money, period. And these aren't the starving masses after all. These kids have money.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
A backdoor stimulus package disguised as a peaceful disturbance?

Very possible. Good hypothesis and observation.

I think though products from some companies are banned.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

I want to recall the words of Bill Hicks on marketing at times like these. Youtube it.

oh ok, sure, ill look that up for you, i mean this is your thread and all, but here is the video you want people to see,

warning - strong language

new topics

top topics

join