It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans for a water powered car.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

No, as what do you get when you burn hydrogen in the presence of oxygen....

You are describing a perpetual motion machine

LOL
so what you are saying that burning hydrogen in the presence of oxygen means a perpetual motion machine... that's the most ridiculous thing i ever heard!

do you even know what a perpetual motion machine is?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmilNomel
so what you are saying that burning hydrogen in the presence of oxygen means a perpetual motion machine...

what are you babbling about?

that's the most ridiculous thing i ever heard!

you obviously never read the op's first post

do you even know what a perpetual motion machine is?

yes, the op described one in the first post

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
reply to post by EmilNomel

Yes it is a perpetual motion machine.. How can you compare a conventional automobile?
A regular gas car does not manufacture it's own fuel to keep it running , does it?

You are describing a closed system that does work by creating it's own source of energy.
By definition, A perpetual motion machine. Look it up.

A physics course will do you well.

i'm sorry mate but, i don't see this engine to producing water!!
a physics course will do me well indeed, but it would be better for you as you don't even know what a perpetual motion machine is (all you know is that it cannot exist... what you have been taught in kindergarten)
long time ago people were taught that the Earth was flat!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

i'm sorry mate but, i don't see this engine to producing water!!

Of course you dont , you obviously have not done physics at school yet - just wait, you will get to it..

What do you think it would produce?

a physics course will do me well indeed

very true, as you show you obviously know nothing about it.

but it would be better for you as you don't even know what a perpetual motion machine is

yes they do, the op even described one!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

please do not insult me!
you know nothing about me and my knowledge about physics!
thank you!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
That 2004 Dodge pickup has not only a regular car battery under the hood, but it also has a humongous battery in the bed of the pickup. It is the humongous extra battery that's powering the apparatus to create the hydrogen.

What would happen if you disconnected the huge battery in the truck?

yes, you are right!

i did not noticed that before...
now i see it at 04:42 on the vid

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
That 2004 Dodge pickup has not only a regular car battery under the hood, but it also has a humongous battery in the bed of the pickup.

yes, you are right!

i did not noticed that before...
now i see it at 04:42 on the vid
Good observation.

Thanks for providing the time index where they show it.

We have to ask ourselves why they really need that battery. It's clear to me why they need it.

You can also pay attention to the video where the amps on their ammeter go too high, and they know that they have a power deficit (meaning they can't sustain it and they are running off the battery). Listen to their concern about the high amps, that's another clue it's not working.

I don't think these guys are necessarily intentional hoaxers, they just aren't nearly as smart as I am so they don't know that they can't possibly do any tweak that will lower the amperage from what they are seeing to a self-sustaining level. I think they finally realized this when they canceled the investor demonstration they had planned.

XL5

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
All I saw at 4:42 in the vid was a white water tank and the hydrogen reactor with metal tubes in it.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
The problem that everybody has when trying to get a system of this nature working is that it takes more energy to make the HHO than the engine can produce with the HHO available from it's own production.

that is not true!
the alternator produces more energy than what's needed to make the HHO

the problem that i can see is safety...

considering the HHO gas pressure build up and it's combustion...
how safe is this system from not exploding your vehicle?

1 more time: the amount of energy used to split the hydrogen is more than can be obtained from the hydrogen fuel.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

according to your logic... the regular gasoline operated engine is also a perpetual motion machine!

No it's not. You have to fill your tank with gas when it runs out.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Any understanding of Conservation of Energy? We will most certainly have novel advancements in the future that allow things we cannot fit into physics today. But it most likely won't be because of any failure of the current basic models, but rather a deeper understanding of the science.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
I know this type of system can be made to work. A man named Stanley Meyer did it a few years ago. He developed a HHO generator that he was using to run a dune buggy with water. Sadly, while in the process of patenting his invention, he was found dead and his workshop burned to the ground. Fortunately, his vehicle was not in the shop. He had stored it in a friend's garage. People since then have studied his device and are trying to replicate it.

I'm still on the fence about using water as a fuel. I know it would be a tremendous boon. The drawback I see is that water freezes. Where I live, for instance, it's not unusual for temperatures to drop below freezing about mid November and stay there until March. Maybe in cases like that, one would have to switch fuels for winter and summer.

I won't even go into the prospect of such devices being subject to taxes and licensing that would make them financially unfeasible.
edit on 30-9-2011 by N3k9Ni because: typo

thank you for introducing me to Mr. Stanley Meyer's work

apparently his invention was able to produce several hundred percent more energy than it was consuming to produce the hydrogen...
he was offered $1 billion in cash from the oil industry to sell his patent rights to them... but he refused!
no wonder why he was later found dead

yes, the other posters are correct that conventional electrolysis uses more energy than it can produce... it consumes about 3 times more energy than it can produce from the hydrogen :/

but, he was able to power his hydrogen generator with less than half an amp... and producing several hundred percent more energy than it consumed!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
FREE ENERGY inventor mysteriously died! Why don't we have water powered cars?

killing the people who want to save the world?
WAKE UP AMERICA!
greed

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

but, he was able to power his hydrogen generator with less than half an amp... and producing several hundred percent more energy than it consumed!!
This is an artist's conception of people who believe such claims without any proof:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cfb8bdb77e7d.jpg[/atsimg]

But if you like claims with no proof, you'll love this one:

www.cheniere.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/514a1e828ae7.jpg[/atsimg]

One build-up has produced up to 100 times more power than was input
100 times is ten thousand percent, so why are you excited about a measly several hundred percent?

You can't believe everything you read or hear. And if it's on an unreliable site on the internet, that's doubly true.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

FREE ENERGY inventor mysteriously died!

Define 'mysterious'. People die all the time. In fact, humans have 100% fatality rate. Hell, if you want to get all conspiracy theorist about the whole thing, maybe one of the people he ripped off whacked him.

Why don't we have water powered cars?

Because you cannot power a car perpetually on just water. You spend more energy generating the fuel than you get from using the fuel.

The dude was a convicted fraudster with absolutely no training as a scientist. No one to date has been able to repeat his "work" because it did not work in the first place. None of his explanations hold up to any scrutiny and they have all the usual pseudo-scientific hall marks of a scam artist.

The fact you've gone from not hearing about the guy to being a zealous proponent within a couple of hours demonstrates the complete and utter lack of critical thinking on your part. An open mind is a good thing, but an open mind that accepts any old rubbish without pause for thought is not.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

whatever byou do please remember to use a flash-arrestor at the outlet of your hydrogen 'tank'

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
An open mind is a good thing, but an open mind that accepts any old rubbish without pause for thought is not.
That is so true it's one of my favorite illustrations from a youtube video:
www.youtube.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79e0928efa27.png[/atsimg]

Or as Carl Sagan would say, it's good to have an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

If someone claims they are getting more power out of their car than they put in, your brain has to be falling out to believe their claims.

The people claiming to run their car on water do just that.

The closest you can get to running your car on water, is to take your water, split it with solar power, into hydrogen, then run your car off hydrogen. That can work. That's more or less what Bob Lazar does in this video except he only suggests using solar power, he actually got his from the grid:

Bob Lazar's Hydrogen Powered Corvette

He does start with water, and makes his own hydrogen from the water.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

FREE ENERGY inventor mysteriously died!

Define 'mysterious'. People die all the time. In fact, humans have 100% fatality rate. Hell, if you want to get all conspiracy theorist about the whole thing, maybe one of the people he ripped off whacked him.

Why don't we have water powered cars?

Because you cannot power a car perpetually on just water. You spend more energy generating the fuel than you get from using the fuel.

The dude was a convicted fraudster with absolutely no training as a scientist. No one to date has been able to repeat his "work" because it did not work in the first place. None of his explanations hold up to any scrutiny and they have all the usual pseudo-scientific hall marks of a scam artist.

The fact you've gone from not hearing about the guy to being a zealous proponent within a couple of hours demonstrates the complete and utter lack of critical thinking on your part. An open mind is a good thing, but an open mind that accepts any old rubbish without pause for thought is not.

why do i even bother talking to closed minded, greedy, and jealous people?
sure people die all the time... and according to your logic that means that no one has ever been poisoned and thus killed by others? what a ridiculous and poor explanation without any proof on your claim what so ever!
hmmm... mysteriously died maybe because he was poisoned by uranium?
if his invention did not work and was a scam as you quickly try to accuse... then why was he offered 1 billion dollars by the oil industry??
perhaps your own jealousy quickly accuses (without even a short pause for a thought) others of being scam artists wile listening to your closed minded old rubbish inner ego? ...you ever thought of that??
ok, so you say i lack critical thinking... that maybe is a small fault on my part (i'm not perfect)
but, all that you have is critical thinking as the perfect critic who is quick to judge others and accusing them for whatever you can think of without any proof what so ever... offending and insulting them just because they say something that's not to your ego's liking!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

why do i even bother talking to:
closed minded

Actually, my mind is very much open. I am more than willing to change my stance should compelling evidence be presented. But hey, you heard about the guy a couple of hours ago so you're the expert.

greedy

Eh? That's a non sequitur.

jealous people?

Jealous of what? How is this comment pertinent to mine?

sure people die all the time...

All the time and every time.

and according to your logic that means that no one has ever been poisoned and thus killed by others?

That's a straw man. Where did I say that no one has ever been poisoned? Point out the part of my post where I specifically said that. But seeing as you mention it, post up the evidence that he was poisoned. I'm assuming you have evidence in abundance seeing as you've become an expert on the guy within a couple of hours.

what a ridiculous and poor explanation without any proof on your claim what so ever!

The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that it was foul play. That is how these things work: you make a claim, you provide the evidence to support your claim.

hmmm... mysteriously died maybe because he was poisoned by uranium?

See above.

if his invention did not work and was a scam as you quickly try to accuse... then why was he offered 1 billion dollars by the oil industry??

See above. More unfounded statements. This is the Science & Technology forum, not the Baseless Claims & Unsubstantiated Conjecture forum. Present evidence, of which I'm sure you have loads considering you are so sure in your beliefs. I'd hate to think you were accepting any old bunkum as the credible information.

perhaps your own jealousy quickly accuses (without even a short pause for a thought) others of being scam artists wile listening to your closed minded old rubbish inner ego?

Again, what exactly am I supposed to be jealous of? You have yet to make this clear.

...you ever thought of that??

Funnily enough, no, because you are not making sense. See above.

ok, so you say i lack critical thinking...

Correct.

that maybe is a small fault on my part

That's a pretty big fault on your part. You are responding with your emotions rather than engaging with your brain.

(i'm not perfect)

Nobody is.

but, all that you have is critical thinking as the perfect critic who is quick to judge others and accusing them for whatever you can think of

Actually, critical thinking is "logical thinking that draws conclusions from facts and evidence". I'd say that's pretty important for forming opinions and engaging in debate.

without any proof what so ever...

Again, the burden of proof is on you. Your claims are extraordinary, therefore you need to present extraordinary proof. Where is the proof of murder, over unity and the $1b corporate pay off?

offending and insulting them just because they say something that's not to your ego's liking!

If an unwillingness to accept baseless claims without any supporting evidence is offensive and insulting, that is your problem. You speak of egos, yet you are the one who has responded in an emotional manner like someone who has their ego bruised. If your pride gets in the way of reason, that is your problem, not mine.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

face it john... we are human beings and we are greedy!
killing others for 5 dollars... assassinate our presidents...
we make wars because of greed for oil and other resources... thus kill millions of innocent people!
big corporations steal other poor people's inventions...
and on and on...
things you do not really want to hear because they make you ashamed to be called a human being!
it hurts your peace of mind and ego hearing about these things...
and if you say that it does not hurt you then you are either a liar or just a really insensitive, ego centered and evil person!
and that's why you keep saying "bla bla bla... prove it"
you were quick to accuse me for being closed minded... yet, you do not see that you are closed minded just the same if not even more!

here is a proof for you that "free energy" and perpetuum mobile exist:
just look at the universe or the solar system... how is it possible for all the planets to go around the sun "forever"?
or look at the atoms... how is it possible for the electrons to go around the nucleus "forever"?
energy can neither be created nor destroyed... maybe true but, it can be borrowed used and returned back to the source... perhaps here you will say that "once it is used to do some work (for example heat up your room in the cold winter) it's gone and cannot be returned" and if you say so then yes, you do have a point!
we say that energy cannot be created but, that is not the truth either... because energy can be created from the void! (big bang theory for example) + other proofs that i will not get into them at the moment...
what do you know about infinity and the void? and how can i open your eyes for you to see something without a boundary? you are closed minded (we all are
) because we have limits how far we can see and understand... do you see?
i bet you don't see... understand?

bah... why am i wasting my time trying to educate you on things you will never be able to comprehend?
i'll tell you why... because there are others who will see! and perhaps there is a small chance (one in a gazillion) that one day you will open your eyes too!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join