It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEED Act - A Good First Step to End the Fed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Dennis Kucinich has introduced legislation to which would move the power of the federal reserve to coin money to the Treasury Department under congressional supervision.

NEED Act as proposed

Kucinich is advocating this legislation as a first step to end the federal reserve, by utilizing the fiat money system for good intentions that put people back to work. Eventually, the plan would be to dissolve the Federal Reserve and place the power of money supply back into the hand of the people.

(19) This ceding of Constitutional power has contributed materially to a multitude of monetary and financial afflictions, including—
(A) growing and unreasonable concentration of wealth;
(B) unbridled expansion of national debt, both public and private;
(C) excessive reliance on taxation of citizens for raising public revenues;
(D) inflation of the currency;
(E) drastic increases in the cost of public infrastructure investments;
(F) record levels of unemployment and underemployment; and
(G) persistent erosion of the ability of Congress to exercise its Constitutional responsibilities to provide resources for the general welfare of all the American people.

As a rabid fan of ending the Fed I would like to hear from others on whether they think this bill if passed could help solve some of our problems. I know the solution is not ideal, but neither have the corrupt managed to take over the world financial system in one swoop. It takes baby steps to accomplish a goal. The same steps should be taken to right the wrong in our system.

Anyway, I would love to know your opinions. Apparently, Kucinich introduces this bill every year.
edit on 29-9-2011 by ExPostFacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I would like to see Ron / Dennis for President / VP. !

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I have always liked most all of the Kuch's viewpoints and thats why i am full supporter of this legislation. I still believe that if Ron Paul get the republican nomination he should choose Kuchinich as the V.P. They have a lot of views that are compatible and seem to be very passionate in their beliefs to bring America back to where it should be. RON PAUL AND DENNIS KUC!HINICH

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I would love to see the fed ended. Their hiding the truth, bailing out foreign banks, hanging it on the citizens, and so many other shady things that have been going on, it is time to put the Jeykyll Island monster out to pasture. The country has been raped and pillaged by these private bankers for way too long. I hope this passes. I would bet the FED is making all kinds of threats trying to stop this legislation.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Go Dennis!! Throw those bankster bastards out on their asses!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

That is the way I see it. If we are going to have a fiat system then why shouldn't the people benefit from it, instead of private corporations and the banks. What Dennis is proposing is to first turn the power to coin back into the hands of the government eliminating our need to be taxed because of borrowed money. At least then when congress spends a bit too much there is inflation, but no new taxes. This could pave the way to returning us back to a gold standard equalizing and locking inflation in to gold.

new topics

top topics

join