It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you make your Hobo Stove yet?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Here at home we use the plastic coffee 'cans' to store flour in.

I suspect they'd be useful for emergency buckets or the like in the field. Instant shower add holes.

I could think of a few dozen uses for them.

M.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by gravitational

The guy in the video does bring up a great point, cooking on an open wood fire will make you........icky?
What a sissy lala.
The idea of this thread is that we will not be able to go to the local Big5 and buy propane cans for our roadside camp place.
Dunno when me and the guys get in the brush, being icky is not on our top list of concerns.
But the guy is trying to sell us something though.
Anytime someone would compare a working mans hands appearance with something undesireable, will always lose credibility with me.
No sissies allowed in mans campsite.

I understand what you're saying, and yes, he is trying to sell something... lol/
My broader point - which I poorly conveyed - was the issue of hygiene.
It may look as nothing important when you're out camping for a few days, but in a real survival situation, war zone or any extreme conditions, hygiene is something that requires ones attention for the obvious medical reasons, and equally important in a survival scenario, is the affects on ones morale and emotions, and the desire and decision to not give up and fight to stay alive.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
man you can look in dumpster after dumpster and find no cans of a useable size and steel content.

<< 1  2   >>

join