It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Event in Moldova

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Nuclear Event in Moldova

hisz.rsoe.hu

Investigators following up on a nuclear sting in eastern Europe suspect that a crime syndicate was trying to sell weapons-grade uranium to buyers in North Africa. Officials in Moldova, a former Soviet republic, told The Associated Press that 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) of highly enriched uranium remains in criminal hands and is probably in another country. Though that is a fraction of what is needed for a bomb....continued
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Well, it seems someone is trying to get their hands on this.

The question is WHO?

With Iran playing hard ball with US, and Syria playing hard ball, it seems we may just have our Nuclear War just around the corner.

I for one hope this is, and isn't, intercepted. Hell, who's the good and bad guys now...really...the lines are smudged so badly, the shades varying so much.

Maybe Russia building Bomb shelters isn't for a Comet or Asteroid after all.

hisz.rsoe.hu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Whilst the title is a bit misleading it is cause for concern, I wonder where they got enough information to sumise it is headed for/in North Africa? Libya?

As stated the amount is insufficient for a bomb but not depleted uranium ammunition (correct me if I am wrong please, I'm no nuclear physicist).

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Dick Cheney probably signed the check..

His wars are slowing down and need a kick start..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
North Africa huh? Can we just jump to the conclusion that it was Libya?

Is it for sure that that isn't enough for a bomb? I mean, how much enriched nuclear material did the U.S. use in those Davy Crockets?
edit on 29-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Had to have been Charlie Sheen...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Looks like more info is available from the Senate Report.

ENHANCING NON-PROLIFERATION PARTNERSHIPS IN THE BLACK SEA REGION

On June 27, 2011, Moldovan officials arrested six persons in Chisinau purporting to possess 9 kilograms of highly-enriched uranium-235 (HEU), material for a nuclear weapon or dirty bomb, in an attempted sale for ÷23 million ($30 million). Plutonium, an even more troubling proliferation material, was also on offer. During the arrest, a vial containing 4.4 grams of highly-enriched uranium-235 (HEU) oxide was purchased in a fake sale for ÷420,000 ($600,000) in a sting operation organized by officers from the Moldovan Ministry of Internal Affairs, some of whom had coincidentally received routine counterproliferation training in the United States only weeks earlier.

The whole report reads like a salesman wrote it, repetitively mentioning the Nunn-Luger initiative, specifically trying to get more funding for it, IMO.

edit on 9/29/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
2.2 pounds detonated in a densely populated area with explosives could make for a really bad day.

Maybe they found a new place to hide out for a while?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join