It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E=MC2 Challenged. (A Possible Explanation for Interstellar Travel)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Disclaimer:
At the very least you may want to familiarize yourself with the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) before reviewing this post. Advanced academics may also want to brush up on the 'T2K Experiment' occurring at the site in Switzerland and may do so by visiting the Cornell University Library website source if they want to do some light reading. I will NOT be delving into mechanical details of the collider in this post.

The T2K Experiment
Source: Cornell University Library Physics Journal Archives
Link: arxiv.org...

NOW ON TO THE MEAT OF THE STORY

For those who were not interested in the "light reading" I posted before, they may want to skip over my next pre-print physics journal submission and go straight to the AP article.

Indication of Electron Neutrino Appearance from an Accelerator-produced Off-axis Muon Neutrino Beam
Source: Cornell University Library Physics Journal Pre-Print Archives
Link: arxiv.org...

Challenging Einstein is usually a losing venture
Source: Associated Press
Link: hosted.ap.org...

The scientists fired a beam of neutrinos 454 miles (730 kilometers) underground from Geneva to Italy. They found it traveled 60 nanoseconds faster than light. That's 60 billionths of a second, a time no human brain could register.

Distinguinshed Physicist Dr. Antonio Ereditato notes:

"If you find some matter particle such as the neutrino going faster than light, this is something which immediately shocks everybody, including [physicists]"

The immediate implications of this research are absolutely astonishing due to the fact that modern physics does not make adequate room for superluminal velocities (anything moving faster than the speed of light). Not only do we have to reconsider classical physics equations that express relativity, we must also reconsider alternatives for ET visitation.

Given that a few probabilities are taken for granted, we may actually be able to bridge a logical gap that has long troubled 'believers' in ET visitation to our planet. Please note that I use the term for granted because there are certain considerations which must be probable in order to follow the logic presented in the thesis. If one of these is inconsistent with opinion which one feels is based on fact, then the thesis must be rejected. If this is the case then discussion of the idea of 'visitation' would be pointless. However, if you are willing to consider these probabilities, then the final conjecture may be quite an entertaining and realistic idea.

Without further adieu, these 'for granteds' are:

1) The data presented in the pre-print paper is verified and supported by the physics community.
2) There is likely life, henceforth referred to as life forms, on planets other than our own somewhere in the universe.
3) These other life forms may also have evolved into intelligent beings (ETs).
4) These intelligent beings have achieved velocities in excess of the speed of light as we have and have applied them to transportation.

IF these four points hold true, THEN it would be possible for ET to travel vast distances in excess of the speed of light.

I understand that I am playing probabilities a little stronger than I should, especially in terms of a scientifically based dissection. However, I feel that the immediate implications suggest a more realistic possibility of an extraterrestial society having the ability to visit Earth. To reiterate: While this post does not claim that WE ARE IN FACT being visited, it does at least bring some strength to the WHAT IF? argument.
edit on 25-9-2011 by TheChemist1 because: Source Formatting and Wording

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
While I take your point (and if I may summarise: interstellar travel may be not only possible, but far more likely than previously realised... given that neutrinos can travel faster than the speed of light, perhaps it is possible that the craft of ETs can also)...

I think that there are other, more likely explanations for ET craft's ability to travel (assuming, of course, that ETs do exist)... primarily, interdimensionality. It is not unusual for UFOs to appear and reappear at will in various locations. Interdimensionality would explain this. Exceeding the speed of light would not.

Question is... what happens to an object (or, in this case, a neutrino) that travels faster than the speed of light?
...and what effect does this have in the eye of the observer?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Already posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
As posted above, this topic is already being discussed.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join