It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Australia 1788-2012

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectbane
reply to post by AussiePatriot

Australia was colonized by criminal from Britain, now it looks like they will end their days being governed by one.

Time does not really change things. It just moves things about out of sight for a while.

Too bad as Australia used to be a great country.

Actually the convicts were the minority.

But saying that Gillard was born in the UK.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I see it passed today in the news, so much for Australia.

I was reading some statistics and I noticed that the Chinese government had estimated how much CO2 was being given off from the coal mine fires that have been burning for over 20 years. It worked out to twice as much per year as all the automobiles in the US. Plus China has 4 super ships that together produce more co2 than the Us does form homes and cars combined. So I started adding up just how much CO2 they produce and holly c**p they produce a lot more than we do but they are never listed on the UN climate change list of countries productions.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981
I see it passed today in the news, so much for Australia.

I was reading some statistics and I noticed that the Chinese government had estimated how much CO2 was being given off from the coal mine fires that have been burning for over 20 years. It worked out to twice as much per year as all the automobiles in the US. Plus China has 4 super ships that together produce more co2 than the Us does form homes and cars combined. So I started adding up just how much CO2 they produce and holly c**p they produce a lot more than we do but they are never listed on the UN climate change list of countries productions.

Of course not. Our climate tax is about tax and more regulation to control the population and no I'm not one of those conspiracies people who are all over ats. Gillard has a communist background and so do some of the people she's put in place to support her and so do some of the people she's allied herself with. They've just changed parties from their young days but not their idiology.

Things will get worse before they get better, Gillard is the biggest Betrayer of any nations idiology since Roger Hollis a former English MI5 Director General who was with out doubt a soviet spy. I'm not saying saying Gillard is a spy but what I am saying is that she's an active communist in labours clothing and she hates our very way of life. She grew up in a welsh household and the pro union welshman of her fathers era were pro communist and every parent influences their child.
edit on 7-11-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
One of the lads I work for is Welsh and he often points out how ridiculous it is that we pay;

-GST (Goods & Services Tax- 10% tax on all goods and services for those unaware)

-A high rate of income tax

-High registration fees on automobiles

-A fee to use certain roads

-Parking fees

And many more, now we'll have to foot the bill for this carbon tax bollocks! The tax that these 500 companies do have to pay will just be absorbed by us, the Australian people as we pay even more for the pleasure of these companies service.

It is an absolute atrocity and as SteveKnows points out- Julia Gillard is a communist, along with people she has put in office. I want to know to what extent this raised capital will be utilised in the development of sustainable energy! I wonder if we will see the labor party reverse their stance on nuclear power? I doubt it though.

Impeach the traitor!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Yet another ingenious scheme to take from the poor to give to the rich.
We are being subject to a fee to have 'smart meters' installed on our homes so that our electricity suppliers can save money by not having to employ meter readers. If this is to save money then why are we having to pay for the meters and why are our electricity bills going up?
The Carbon Tax was passed today by our smirking Labour Government who, not only know that they will be wiped out at the next election and the Liberal Government will repeal the act, but also know that by far the majority of the Australian electorate didn't want it. That doesn't sound like democracy to me. Surely our Government should be taking notice of the majority and not the minority.
I forget however that we have to pour millions of dollars into the Greek economy which is far more important to our Labour 'World Stage Strutters' than our problems at home.
The next election can't come soon enough.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

Agree, agree, agree. So you're in Traralgon uh? How is the valley today? Small world, I used to live in Bairnsdale and am obviously very familiar with your neck of the woods

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
reply to post by OzTiger

Agree, agree, agree. So you're in Traralgon uh? How is the valley today? Small world, I used to live in Bairnsdale and am obviously very familiar with your neck of the woods

The Latrobe Valley is well thank you. The only problem we seem to have at Traralgon (the Valley's largest City) is that since Jeff Kennett and his Liberals combined all the councils into one we find that anything that seems beneficial to Traralgon is outvoted by 5 votes to 4. This has caused the people of Traralgon to move a motion for secession from the Latrobe Valley and to join the Shire of Wellington (next door) so that we can have a say as to where our rates are going. Shame really. The Government have called for an investigation and are looking at a redistribution of the allocation of seats in the area to give a more balanced and fairer option for Traralgon ratepayers.
Have a nice day my friend.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

If you think the Liberals can drop the Carbon Tax so easily, think again. It would take enormous amounts of manpower and millions of dollars to do it.

What we have here is the most expensive Carbon Tax in the world and our so-called emissions are less than 2% yet no Carbon Tax for China, India, USA, South America, Middle East and other large far more populated countries.

What a majority of Australians don't know is where this money is going to......well folks, it aint staying here in Australia. Anyone heard of the UN's Desertec project?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join