It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Australia 1788-2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Australia as we know it is done for.
Julia Gillard took out Kevin Rudd in a bloodless coup and installed herself with the help of faceless power brokers. All done without any say of the people.
Then came the 'election', and once again installed herself without the true votes of the people as independents and the Greens propped her up.
This government has driven the country into a deficit of over 200 billion dollars on wasted taxpayer funded programs. Compared with just a few years ago when we were in surplus.
Never before has Australia had such an incompetent government, with its WORST primeminister in history.
Gillard is borrowing approx 100 million per day from China when we are supposed to be in a mining boom reaping the profits from China?

At this time there is global uncertainty with debt crises and so on. BUT it gets better, Julia has decided WE need to pay the WORLDS LARGEST CARBON TAX. Why must we pay when China produces most of the pollution?
But wait theres more, there will also be a Mining tax slapped onto the mining giants who produce much of our wealth.
Australia's economy is being compared to other countries that are creating a carbon tax or already have one, most notably New Zealand. Has anyone seen how inflated prices have now become over there? Why do you think so many Kiwis are coming here now?

Just a little food for thought, Julia says she will scrap the flood levy (another tax) sometime next year I think. However, I would just like to point out that no government in the history of Australia has ever taken back a tax what makes you think ##SNIP## will?

If something is not done soon to stop this, Australia WILL collapse by next year. We have the highest house prices in the world, pay more for food than most other western nations, and an increasingly ageing population which will put more strain on already stretched facilities.
It surprises me that we aren't seeing riots about this, or real marches on parliament house. When will the people wake up and realise this government is #ing Australia to death.

edit on Sun Sep 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussiePatriot
When will the people wake up and realise this government is #ing Australia to death.

I often ask myself the same question when it comes to America and our government. When will we wake up and realize we're being #ed to death?

Answer: not until it's too late.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ForeverDusk

I feel sorry for your country as well, but is it just a coincidence that there are so many Western nations with such hated leaders?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussiePatriot

I feel sorry for your country as well, but is it just a coincidence that there are so many Western nations with such hated leaders?

I personally lead towards the possibility of a global conspiracy involving banker/crony capitalism takeover and the financial implosion of economies that results. In other words, a new world order.

Who really knows?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
the sad thing is, even if she said yes to an election theres no one to pick from thats any better.
i fear australia is doomed. julia gillard destroyed our country.

edit on 25-9-2011 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I know what your saying mate, but I would rather see this ranga collapse the economy, what more could they do after that apart from start running or getting out of the country?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

I completely agree, if people think Gillard is bad just imagine if Abbott was PM???

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Politicians and the corporate elite, they're the same every where.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AussiePatriot

MM thats any easy answer .as long as the general population are concentrating on who will win the grand final no one gives a # !OH! and to think with a population of just 23 million with all the agriculture and mineral wealth why are we battlers struggling ? talk about selling the farm . go figure lay down with dogs and wake up with fleas -----.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I respect Australia a lot. I would hate to see your country go down the same drain pipe as the U.S. . Someday we will get our countries back to the way they should be.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
I respect Australia a lot. I would hate to see your country go down the same drain pipe as the U.S. . Someday we will get our countries back to the way they should be.
I'm afraid we are already falling down the same drain pipe head first, following right behind America's ugly rear.

EDIT: Probably because we're always trying to kiss their ass. Lips puckered and ready to go.
edit on 25-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Our rear end sure does stink doesn't it? Surely I hope the stench doesn't spread that bad so others follow behind...It's going to be a long unpleasant ride...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Re the Australian carbon tax...it's actually illegal and down right theft.

If you go back to the Australian Constitution, it was ratified by the people before being sent to Queen Victoria for her stamp of approval but not before having the UK Parliament pass it through. They made approx 60 odd changes and was sent back to be re-ratified by the Australian people before Queen Victoria could agree to it. It was never re-ratified making the Australian Constitution nil and void. A majority of Australians don't know about it; Australia Day is a hoax and every piece of legislation ever passed through by the Australian Federal Govt is "private enterprise".

There has been coverups over coverups since 1901 in this country and a majority of Australians don't even know what their basic rights really are.

The housing bubble in Australia is about burst and mark my words it will happen around mid 2012. Unemployment will also skyrocket in the last quarter of 2012 that we have'nt seen since the 1980s.

As for mining in this country, without it, our economy is done for because thats about all we've got to keep our heads out of water.

edit on 25-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
If you go back to the Australian Constitution, it was ratified by the people before being sent to Queen Victoria for her stamp of approval but not before having the UK Parliament pass it through. They made approx 60 odd changes and was sent back to be re-ratified by the Australian people before Queen Victoria could agree to it.

This is precisely why the ties to the crown ought to be severed. The original Australian Constitution could have been ratified by the people and that would have been the end of it, just like ours was here in America. No approval or amendment by the British whatsoever. Wake up the Australians. Wake up the Canadians. Wake up the New Zealanders. They are still under the rule of Elizabeth and eventually her sons. This international governance is dangerous and unnecessary.
edit on 9/25/2011 by ForeverDusk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Troubled times ahead indeed.

Now that the master puppeteers from the global elite have a firm grip on our domestic political scene, it's become a matter of time before we are further stripped of our personal wealth, natural resources and what ever freedoms we have left.

How a true Democracy can exist within a two Party prefered corrupt system which alludes to "choice" defies me??

Add to that, a Prime Minister and an Opposition Leader both born in the UK and loyal to British Royalty, as well as our resident CIA snitch Mark Arbib masquerading as a Minister, corrals us further down the road to enslavement.

It's time to wake up Australia!!

edit on 25-9-2011 by Perhaps because: typo

edit on 25-9-2011 by Perhaps because: add

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

This international governance is dangerous and unnecessary.
Welcome to the Monarchy.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

The Australian Constitution could had been re-ratified by the Australian people but the Australian leaders in 1900 kept it from them and lied it had Queen Victoria's stamp of approval when it did'nt.

For this reason, I do not agree for Australia or NZ to be become a Republic because our politicians can't be trusted with a simple document and getting it approved by Queen Elizabeth 2nd.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussiePatriot...and once again installed herself without the true votes of the people as independents and the Greens propped her up...

so they arent "true people"?
edit on 25-9-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join