It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lurker decides to register

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hi all

I dont normally register for forums, I prefer to lurk and laugh--trying to engage in a rational debate over the internet isnt something that happens very often so I dont bother... but a couple of days ago I saw a post here (since removed) that caused me to register...

I was a "truther" for a long time and at no point have I changed my views, there was however a long time (2006-2010) when I decided to ignore the movement. My reasons were not because I didnt think the OS was more credible, it was because doubting the OS was damaging my professional credibility (I was working in Higer Education). So I pretended for those years to be a sheeple and not express my opinion on such a topic, except when I was drunk and looking to traumatize OSers with some hard facts... (thats a whole other story)

It wasnt untill I caught up with an old childhood friend in 2010 that I started to look back into 911 truth--my friend was part of the "no-planes" camp and I felt I needed to educate him, as some of the points the "no-planers" raise I find highly dubious. After long arguments with this former friend of mine I realized that there is an on-going campaign of mis-information spread by the particular group he was associated with, and when they approached me to comment "as an expert" (in CGI) and I refused thats when things got out of control (cue Sublime)...

Long story short: Im here for one reason, and that is to engage in debate with those spreading 911 OS propaganda. Sure I have interests in other aspects of para-polotics but my reason for being here is to call out the lies spread by users who are here to disrupt the research done by all the truthers who have taken the time and personal risk in studying this topic.

My education background is in Computing and Communications and I have worked for Universities, Government Departments, NPO's and as a Freelancer. I am not a Scientist, but I do have an education.

I do have a blog but Im not here to advertise it. Its not related to ATS topics anyway.

thanks

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
heya,
welcome onboard.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Welcome. Preferred to lurk and laugh. lol
Hey,here you can laugh if you don't get too out of hand and there's cool little pictures you can add to your text.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Welcome to the mad house

Any questions then please don't be afraid to ask, lots of people will happily answer your questions.

Enjoy the board.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome... see you in the threds!

join