It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Eternal" Thanksgiving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
No, not the American holiday.

There is a point of view that I think every perspective and belief system might be able to agree on (though some will not be willing/able to accept it at first, especially those currently feeling down):

Regardless of whether we are atheist or theist, materialist or spiritualist, determinist or randomist, evolutionist or creationist, Nowist or 6000ist or 14billionist, one shotist or reincarnatist, happiest or saddest... every single thing that has ever occurred has led up to this precise moment and gives us the opportunity to feel exactly what we are feeling right now.

Be thankful simply for this opportunity to feel, even if we can't be thankful for the current feeling itself.

I feel this is on par with the Golden Rule for basis of peaceful existence together even (especially) when difficulties are experienced.

Namaste!

(I know this isn't a unique thought... just adding my own voice to the various ways of expressing it!)
edit on 21-9-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It's amazing what people on ATS will be skeptical of. As true as this is, I'm sure you will have those that will come along and fight against this truth that they probably need to utilize moreso than others.

That being said, constant gratitude for everything is the fastest way to joy. You don't even have to be thankful at first. Just pretend you are. Then, in no time at all, you will find things that you are actually thankful for.

Constantly express gratitude for everything, and divine bliss will be yours.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Haha, no worries friend.

Just leaving footprints in the wilderness!

Namaste.

join